? Week Seven: Bucs (2-3) @ Bills (3-2)

deuces22wild

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Koetter just needs to keep his mouth shut, AC joint sprains are definitely at risk to be re-injured/worsened. Especially when that body part will be focused on and hit repeatedly...

Playing Winston 1 week after this is about as stupid a long-term decision as you can make. The risk greatly outweighs the potential return reward...

ITs because the injury isn't serious. He was benched. Plain and simple and deserved to be. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Speculation.

youre right it is all speculation 

but if he plays i think that will confirm it

trust me im not just bashing winston because i dont like him , i want us to have a good QB and QB of the future more than anyone just like you guys, but winston hasnt been playing like that, and he has no excuse because he has a decent line , and a lot of playmakers

i forget who said it, but i agree , that im going to give winston til the end of this year to figure it out and if he doesnt , ill be sold that he just is what hes shown , an average middle of the pack QB , with a ceiling of around top 12-15 in the league

16 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

youre right it is all speculation 

but if he plays i think that will confirm it

trust me im not just bashing winston because i dont like him , i want us to have a good QB and QB of the future more than anyone just like you guys, but winston hasnt been playing like that, and he has no excuse because he has a decent line , and a lot of playmakers

i forget who said it, but i agree , that im going to give winston til the end of this year to figure it out and if he doesnt , ill be sold that he just is what hes shown , an average middle of the pack QB , with a ceiling of around top 12-15 in the league

He hasn't been practicing all week though. That's a sign that his injury is legit. The coach just doesn't want him throwing the football knowing it could make it worse. Just wait till the actual games.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Players are always going to want to play through the injury, it's the coaches/staff that have to make the right call...

Just look at the Andrew Luck situation right now. He hurt shoulder early on in 2015 and Colts let him continue to play the remainder with the nagging shoulder issue. He continued to take a beating on it and it got worse. He had to have off-season shoulder surgery and now is experiencing renewed discomfort and likely to be shut down for the whole year...

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is really, really well written.

You want Jameis to check down or throw to someone over the middle, instead of going deep all the time? He can't. There's nobody there.

Good article. Took the time to read it. This isn't always the case but I feel it's the case more of the time then not. Coaches could help Jameis out with playcalling big time.

I would be in complete favor of having Monken calling plays. He literally can't be any worse and it would probably mean we implement more quick offense and slants. I just wonder if Koetter is too proud to make a switch mid season. Hopefully dropping the play calling duties helps Koetter's piss poor game management improve. 

13 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

ITs because the injury isn't serious. He was benched. Plain and simple and deserved to be. 

This is ridiculous. We know you are a Winston hater from comments you've posted in this forum. I have had near enough the same injury and I could hardly move my arm above my head let alone throw a football

Winston gives us the best chance to win week in, week out. 

On a side note it is huge Kwon is back, I expect just his presence will make the defence perform.

7 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

This is ridiculous. We know you are a Winston hater from comments you've posted in this forum. I have had near enough the same injury and I could hardly move my arm above my head let alone throw a football

Winston gives us the best chance to win week in, week out. 

On a side note it is huge Kwon is back, I expect just his presence will make the defence perform.

i mean i dont think hes a Winston hater , maybe just fed up with Winston being inconsistent , and i have to agree i am too

i also had that injury to a worse extent and i had to be in a sling for months, so if he plays sunday i have to assume that the injury was bogus, i mean in my heart i do believe he was benched

but he did need it , he needs somehting to fire him up or get him playing better because we need him to step up and be the #1 pick we all need

Archived