? Week Seven: Bucs (2-3) @ Bills (3-2)

deuces22wild

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we benched him, that's fine. But we also need to help him out a bit with play calling. In that blog I shared, they showed a play we ran against Arizona. We had a bunch on the left and Evans on the right. We ran max protect and only Evans and DJax ran routes; both deep. AZ dropped six into coverage. We run crap like that all the time. No QB would succeed with play calling like that 

I also enjoyed the 3rd and 2, the play Winston got hurt to some degree. We have 5 man protection and he is in the gun with all revivers wide. All routes go deep or break to the sideline. NOT ONE ROUTE GOES OVET THE MIDDLE. Lol. Our playcalling is a joke right now. Monken should call plays. Koetter just strikes me as someone too proud to give it up.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I also enjoyed the 3rd and 2, the play Winston got hurt to some degree. We have 5 man protection and he is in the gun with all revivers wide. All routes go deep or break to the sideline. NOT ONE ROUTE GOES OVET THE MIDDLE. Lol. Our playcalling is a joke right now. Monken should call plays. Koetter just strikes me as someone too proud to give it up.

We had Sims in the backfield to at least threaten the run and we motioned him into the slot. icon_lol.gif

That's another problem too. When Sims goes out on the field, everybody and their brother knows we're gonna throw the ball. It makes throwing the ball a little more difficult when the defense isn't worried about the run too.

57 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We had Sims in the backfield to at least threaten the run and we motioned him into the slot. icon_lol.gif

That's another problem too. When Sims goes out on the field, everybody and their brother knows we're gonna throw the ball. It makes throwing the ball a little more difficult when the defense isn't worried about the run too.

Yep. sims is a clear tip it's a pass play. Our RBs are either runners or receivers. We don't have a clear two way back that can do both. 

17 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yep. sims is a clear tip it's a pass play. Our RBs are either runners or receivers. We don't have a clear two way back that can do both. 

Which is why we need to draft someone. I love Doug and if he keeps his play up we should honestly resign him for something reasonable, but we need to draft a young two way back and use Doug in more passing situations. Other RBs should just go.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Which is why we need to draft someone. I love Doug and if he keeps his play up we should honestly resign him for something reasonable, but we need to draft a young two way back and use Doug in more passing situations. Other RBs should just go.

Sucks we don't use Barber more. I have no idea why we don't. In the little he's played the last two years, he's looked good.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sucks we don't use Barber more. I have no idea why we don't. In the little he's played the last two years, he's looked good.

Which is why I think we need to draft someone. He's like the guy on your fantasy team you see as an asset so you will never drop him, but he's never going to play for you either, so what's the point. Maybe we can find a stud RB in the 3rd in the 2018 Draft. DE and CB in the 1st or 2nd.

Archived