Pat Freiermuth is FAKE NEWS

Tommy Tremble is whom you seek. A good franchise that is well run identifies this player in the first round. Selects him in the first round. And receives the plaudits of how wonderful they are. Not that they care for any plaudits at all. Plaudits are a byproduct of success. And you welcome that. This franchise is somewhere between delusion and denial. This franchise is full of pride. I sat in the stands when Cam Heyward was still the next Ziggy Hood... hilarious. And said, they will waste his entire career with this strategy. And they have. Nowhere nearer to a championship as when they last sniffed one. Hey - some teams have never sniffed one. Probably because they don't know what one looks like. It's a double edged sword. You palate their pride and spoon feed how disgusting their pride is, because you have no other choice but betrayal, and can only hope that one day they will see it is this puffed up sense of self that prevents you from being a better version of yourself. I feel this pride. Acknowledge this. And try to move past it. In a constant wrangling and battling on one's flesh. One can only hope that they will do the same.

In general, I just feel bad for them. So, I throw them a bone. A crumbling franchise clinging to a three toed sloth with the shabbiest of work ethic only to be outdone by a coach whose fruit is only good by being a product of excellent euphemisms such as, we're going to paint the barn red. And cooks like to be in the kitchen. These can keep things light and make people upbeat, temporarily, but after time, it becomes stale. And the proof is in the pudding. Tomlin folds like a cheap suit. Because this is not leadership only a bunch of mularkey. And his euphemisms become exhausting and annoying when they produce no fruit. Kind of like the dcikery of this post. But it's only done in such as way as a form of satire in a feeble attempt to keep serious subjects - light.

The Steelers trade their 1st, 2nd, and 4th rd picks to the Miami Dolphins for their two 2nd rd picks and their 3rd rd pick. Look at the Dolphins rocket themselves to the center of the universe. A few ways the Dolphins can go here. Tu'a is not an NFL quarterback, but they think he will be. And that's okay. Pride. So, you start to get him some weapons and use those firsts later on on a QB. Obviously, down the road. Pitts at 6th overall. You come back with Rashawn Slater at 18th overall. The logic here is he can play anywhere on the line and you shuffle accordingly. Austin Jackson? Meh... But if you can slot Slater at left tackle than Jackson can be a meh right tackle. Kick Hunt inside. Or you play Slater at center or guard and stand pat. Love the flexibility of Slater and see that as a strength. Bottom line - he's in the five. And we have a successful draft pick. Then you're sitting at 24th pick - and you can usually get RB later, which is why you don't get antsy at RB at 18th overall. And there is plethora of available substitutes, so you aren't getting your panties in a bunch over one player. So, you make a call to Pittsburgh to reunite the college teammates and take Najee Harris at 24th overall. If you could get a Jaylen Twyman at 55th overall, you might as well chalk that up as sin. Yet, I don't see this man ranked quite as high as he should be. And in some places this is deemed a massive reach. Which means we must be surrounded by fools. Because last time I checked, quick twitch at 40 reps was good. Oh how quickly they forget, which is the precipice of this whole fiasco known as the NFL draft. Diabolical.

PITTSBURGH

2.36 - Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State

First round grade. That's the prototype. 

2.50 - Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma

3.81 - Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

3.87 - Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame

I don't know what you want from me at this stage. In a convoluted scenario, you can produce more steals, if you know what they look like. You want to draft more frequently, and that's why you want to trade down, because it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Yosemite Sam over here going buck wild. 

4.140 - Keith Taylor CB Washington

I kinda wrestled with this one. It'd be nice to have some friends that are liars, and say, where you like Justin Hilliard? Because, this is a good spot for him. And a good spot for finding starter ILB's over time. And they say a round later than they like him and say, yeah, I like him in the fifth round. Typical scum. Going on pedigree. Jimmy Lake and the Washington staff have done an excellent job of recruiting and developing DBs, which is why I like Washington DBs. When you look at measurables, he is in the ballpark of a Richard Sherman. He is tall and rangy which allows him to have a good matchup against any wide receiver. Because he is physically imposing. He also possesses the side to side quickness to mirror the quick twitch movements of the receiver. This is what you look for.... idiots

6.216 - Pooka Williams RB Kansas

It's just his strength in his lower body and the manner in which he was created - in the beginning and over time - is able to support his body weight in such a manner in which he moves non-normal. He is slight which means, first, you must devote time to strengthening his lower body and core to be able to support the additional weight you plan on putting on his upper body. Otherwise, he will lose his competitive advantage and become less special. If he does nothing, he will be more like Chris Rainey. If he can come in at about 185 without losing what makes him special, he can receive a "normal" load in the 15 touches per game.

7a - Justin Hilliard LB Ohio State

On a prayer, he's still there being a 6th year college player with injuries that runs a 4.8. Not that I really care about kind of thing. Or any of that. It would be nice to have the whole spectrum of data at my disposal, yet, his play speaks for itself. Which is how you ought to grade anyway.

7b - Warren Jackson WR Colorado State

This is the kind of guy you'd like to take a shot on. I like how he said he was grateful to have an opportunity to play in the NFL. Because it is a privilege and not a right. That makes me think he might be willing to put some work into his craft. Don't like the 4.67 at 6'6" 220 pounds. Given his build is slight, as in long and rangy, we are probably going to have to work on the acceleration a bit to get that body moving as opposed to steaks and becoming a 240 pound tight end. The decision lies within. Here's a guy that had 77 recs, 1119 yds, and 8 TDs in 2019 after opting out this past season. This is a good shout and someone that will be overlooked and will fall in the draft given the fact that he did not play and apparently has forgotten how to play football. The athleticism is questionable. Which is why he is down here. But the frame and production is one that one can paint with a broad brush. Peace.

Pretty clear this is chrisororkes 50th different screenname...but this is the extremely rare occasion where I actually agree with something he says.      I like the trades and I am fine with the positions. 

That being said, I cant see us waiting until round 6 to address running back.   In fact, there is literally no chance (well, almost no chance) that happens. 

Even if they were to trade down, they would absolutely take one in the first 3 rounds....and I believe even if we got a trade down offer like this....if the RB the Steelers wanted was on the board at 24....we would take them over trading down.      Steelers are very true to their board (even to a fault) and they are seemingly committed to fixing the running game.

15 hours ago, warfelg said:

Feels like people are using the same knock on Freiermouth as Geseki. And Geseki is turning out to be damn good. 

I think Friermuth is clearly a Receiver first but he is a darn good blocker imo. He has room for growth. I think Tommy Tremble would be an excellent blocker with some occasional receiver opportunities. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think Friermuth is clearly a Receiver first but he is a darn good blocker imo. He has room for growth. I think Tommy Tremble would be an excellent blocker with some occasional receiver opportunities. 

Very much agreed.  And with the change in the NFL I rather have the good pass catcher who can block some than the guy who is a good blocker and can pass catch.

• Like 2