Jump to content

49ers QB Situation: What Would YOU Do?


Recommended Posts

Lance. 

Most snaps under center out of the 5, calls his own protection, had full backs and motion as part of the offense more than any of the other QBs (sound like anyone?). Despite not playing a year, he has the same number of starts as Jones. 

 

LANCE is the logical selection.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Lance. 

Most snaps under center out of the 5, calls his own protection, had full backs and motion as part of the offense more than any of the other QBs (sound like anyone?). Despite not playing a year, he has the same number of starts as Jones. 

 

LANCE is the logical selection.

Lance doesnt scream superstar to me, I mean it’s only 5 letters. Plus when I think lance I think of Armstrong, let’s get someone else

~some nfl executive, somewhere

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Lance. 

Most snaps under center out of the 5, calls his own protection, had full backs and motion as part of the offense more than any of the other QBs (sound like anyone?). Despite not playing a year, he has the same number of starts as Jones. 

 

LANCE is the logical selection.

I'm a big Lance believer, but I wouldn't say he's the logical choice.

Lance is  the least accurate of the three by a wide margin and the protection calls are immaterial for the niners specifically (center deals with protections in shannys scheme). I'd imagine it's easier to get Fields and Mac more comfortable within the scheme than it is to get Lance more accurate. Lance just doesn't have a natural feel for throwing the ball. 

I don't know if that's a deal breaker or not. I won't complain if Lance is the selection, that's for sure. I'm super bullish on him and not overly concerned about the "rawness". But that accuracy flaw is potentially a major issue

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm a big Lance believer, but I wouldn't say he's the logical choice.

Lance is  the least accurate of the three by a wide margin and the protection calls are immaterial for the niners specifically (center deals with protections in shannys scheme). I'd imagine it's easier to get Fields and Mac more comfortable within the scheme than it is to get Lance more accurate. Lance just doesn't have a natural feel for throwing the ball. 

I don't know if that's a deal breaker or not. I won't complain if Lance is the selection, that's for sure. I'm super bullish on him and not overly concerned about the "rawness". But that accuracy flaw is potentially a major issue

 

Dunno I kind of think Lance does still make sense. Given SF receivers are some of the most open in the league (THE most, I'd argue) I think the 'pro-ready' nature of his offense compared to the others is very attractive. Plus the motion etc. It doesn't mean the others can't learn it of course, it just set me off a bit when they traded down. I was thinking that this must be for someone who can slot in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 7:23 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

So obviously last Friday the 49ers shook up the draft and NFL world by trading two future first rounders to get to #3 to draft one of the top QBs. Some questions:

1. Which of the three QBs would you take at #3 (Jones/Fields/Lance)?

2. Would you keep Garoppolo for one more year (ala Chiefs with Smith) or go with the rookie from day one?

3. What is the least amount of compensation it would take for you to trade Garoppolo?

4. Do you think the Niners have a realistic chance to win it all with Garoppolo at QB? 

5. Do you think the Niners have a realistic chance to win it all with one of the rookie QBs?

6. If the team starts the rookie QB from day one, how many years can this regime miss the playoffs before they are on the hot seat? 

7. Would you have made the trade Shanahan/Lynch made or gone another route? 

You don't have to answer all these questions, but just curious to hear some outside perspective on things Niners fans have been debating since the trade was made.

Can you make a poll for the QB selection?

1. I’m taking Fields

2. Keep Jimmy at least until the deadline if you feel Fields is ready and you get a good offer then you trade Jimmy 

3. a 3rd

4. Yes if he can stay healthy 

5. Not year one 

6. two 

7. I would make the same trade but you’ve got to get something for Jimmy to balance it out 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Can you make a poll for the QB selection?

1. I’m taking Fields

2. Keep Jimmy at least until the deadline if you feel Fields is ready and you get a good offer then you trade Jimmy 

3. a 3rd

4. Yes if he can stay healthy 

5. Not year one 

6. two 

7. I would make the same trade but you’ve got to get something for Jimmy to balance it out 

@ET80Can a poll be added here with the three QB options? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@ET80Can a poll be added here with the three QB options? 

Hmm, I don't seem to be able to add a poll to an existing thread.

I... I feel so vulnerable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, Danger said:

Their GM should be fire if they gave up 3 firsts for BigMac Joned

I love when people say that. I mean the guy hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. No one knows who's going to be good or bad yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrscottso said:

I love when people say that. I mean the guy hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. No one knows who's going to be good or bad yet.

He's rating him as a prospect, which is what you're supposed to do.  He's not a top 3 prospect which is how the majority of people feel. We don't know if Trevor Lawrence is going to be good yet...should he not go 1? 

The overwhelming majority of pieces written about the niners taking Mac Jones at 3 if it happens will be overwhelmingly negative I think. People will excoriate Shanny . You kind of see trickles of it as it is, though mostly from shock talk guys (Cowherd has already started) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pathetic.….And you call yourself a mod???? 

I HAVE SHAMED MYSELF AND MY SHAO LIN TEMPLE! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 9:23 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

So obviously last Friday the 49ers shook up the draft and NFL world by trading two future first rounders to get to #3 to draft one of the top QBs. Some questions:

1. Which of the three QBs would you take at #3 (Jones/Fields/Lance)?

2. Would you keep Garoppolo for one more year (ala Chiefs with Smith) or go with the rookie from day one?

3. What is the least amount of compensation it would take for you to trade Garoppolo?

4. Do you think the Niners have a realistic chance to win it all with Garoppolo at QB? 

5. Do you think the Niners have a realistic chance to win it all with one of the rookie QBs?

6. If the team starts the rookie QB from day one, how many years can this regime miss the playoffs before they are on the hot seat? 

7. Would you have made the trade Shanahan/Lynch made or gone another route? 

You don't have to answer all these questions, but just curious to hear some outside perspective on things Niners fans have been debating since the trade was made.

1- Fields- you have Jimmy  G let Fields develop.

2- Keep the rookie on the bench year 1 barring injury.

3- a 3rd

4- If that defense returns to form, they’d have a chance to win it even with me at QB.

5- see 4

6- I think they are on the hot seat year 4 if starting a rookie from day 1. 
 

7- myself no, I’d have waited to see how the draft progresses versus my board, plus with that defense you don’t need Jimmy G to be Patrick Mahomes, Trent Dilfer ala 2000 Ravens is good enough. That said, I am glad they did. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The 49ers taking Mac Jones over Justin Fields gives me mega Mitch Trubisky over Deshaun Watson vibes.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dbwgadmcw9a3l27urm
 

Like I’ve been saying in the Niners forum all along. I will not believe Mac and Cheese is the pick until I hear it from Roger Goodell. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...