FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Decker-Jackson-Ragnow-Stenberg-Sewell with Crosby and a FA OG depth on the bench. 

If Vaitai can play up to expectations as RG, that is a very strong if not dominant OL. Crosby and Stenberg give us nice depth. We need help all around the roster and we need to have at least one or two dominant units to be competitive. We won't get much for a Vaitai trade so why bother breaking up an overall pretty good unit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

If Vaitai can play up to expectations as RG, that is a very strong if not dominant OL. Crosby and Stenberg give us nice depth. We need help all around the roster and we need to have at least one or two dominant units to be competitive. We won't get much for a Vaitai trade so why bother breaking up an overall pretty good unit. 

This is how I see it as well. I'm wondering if the COVID pre-season and the early injury really limited Vaitai in 2020. I'm hoping he's able to give at least decent play at RG. If he can, our OLine is smexy.

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Hey TL, throw in some coney dogs and a Ford Field cardboard cutout to the GM of the team we trade up with. 

Great idea. No team in their right mind would pass on that offer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

My ideal roster build up is through the trenches. If we could solidify the right side of our OL and find a couple key pieces on our DL, that will be a great start for the new FO (which we need to find a name for already). 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This is how I see it as well. I'm wondering if the COVID pre-season and the early injury really limited Vaitai in 2020. I'm hoping he's able to give at least decent play at RG. If he can, our OLine is smexy.

I've always felt Vaitai was more of a G than a T.

31 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The next order of business: do we trade our earlier 3rd round picks to the 49ers for Pick #43 and select 9, then draft the best available player at 41’s position with our remaining 3rd round pick?

Vote Totals:

Yes: 1 (NFL_Fan)

I had to do this post in the car, and it lacks the bold I require for such an important post.

Big Decision: Trade for #43?

A trade-up with the Giants is off the table, but the deal with the 49ers is still available.

Do you want us to trade 3.8 and 3.11 (#72 and #75) for #43 and draft 9? We have an edge in TVC value and 9 was a big want for a handful of the co-GMs. (We could always take the best player at 41's position with our remaining 3rd round pick, or even package that pick with our 4th to move up for a prospect falling.)

Yes: 1 (NFL_Fan)

Elijah Moore was just drafted. 9 is still available. Pick #43 is on the clock.

Do you want us to trade 3.8 and 3.11 (#72 and #75) for #43 and draft 9? We have an edge in TVC value and 9 was a big want for a handful of the co-GMs. (We could always take the best player at 41's position with our remaining 3rd round pick, or even package that pick with our 4th to move up for a prospect falling.)

Yes: 2 (NFL_Fan, Louis Friend)

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Elijah Moore was just drafted. 9 is still available. Pick #43 is on the clock.

Do you want us to trade 3.8 and 3.11 (#72 and #75) for #43 and draft 9? We have an edge in TVC value and 9 was a big want for a handful of the co-GMs. (We could always take the best player at 41's position with our remaining 3rd round pick, or even package that pick with our 4th to move up for a prospect falling.)

Yes: 2 (NFL_Fan, Louis Friend)

Oui (that's French Canadian for yes)

Elijah Moore was just drafted. 9 is still available. Pick #43 is on the clock.

Yes: 4 (NFL_Fan, Louis Friend, Karnage84, diehardlionfan)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

My ideal roster build up is through the trenches. If we could solidify the right side of our OL and find a couple key pieces on our DL, that will be a great start for the new FO (which we need to find a name for already). 

Which is why I think if we keep Vaitai at RG and then draft Sewell, our whole OL is rock solid. We signed him to play RT but it's better that he has the versatility to play inside as opposed to getting a chance to draft a dominant OT and then having a logjam of Decker, Sewell and Vaitai while not having someone who is competent at RG. It might just be a happy accident that our 2020 RT signing sucks at RT. 

• Like 1