Jump to content

FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)


Recommended Posts

Great trade for Lions good work everyone! 

Think Tavai is worth any player? Is he in the future? Saw something saying Dan Campbell wasn't sure where he fits in the Defense. Collins and Anzalone are okay but nothing more then average. Davis gone, we have I think Hamilton and Reeves-Maybin but nothing more then fill in for injury and mainly Special Teams. Not reliable full time starter. 

On side note, am I crazy to think we should somehow get a late pick and scoop #190. Could he be the next "Model T???" 

Thats code name. code name is in the google doc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Most definitely.

And it seems that Nnadi is a decent young player (24) with upside, and we have a lack of legitimate talent at DT.

It's a good trade. I like Nnadi. Should be a stout 1-Tech. And might surprise with more pass rush than expected in a 4-3 role.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We're on the clock next guys. I've got a write-up ready for 30. If there are any objections, please let me know as soon as possible.

If the Titans hold us up, pm me your pick and I'll get it in.

 

Anything to prevent me from massively editing all the times for that doc :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Pick #102) : After the departure of Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr. and Danny Amendola in free agency, it's no secret that the Lions needed to add weapons at wide receiver. Sewell's first round "fall" took that option off the table with Pick #7, but Eskridge is a guy that our staff has liked from the beginning. We expect him to see time in the slot with Michael Gallup and Tyrell Williams striking fear into opposing cornerbacks on the outside. (As an added bonus: he has experience playing CB, and we need those too.)

D-0100 D'WAYNE ESKRIDGE, WR, WESTERN MICHIGAN

Eskridge-Kneecaps.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry TL, when I read the draft was suspended for today, I headed out. Watching how players went off the board, I’m glad Eskridge was still there.

Sewell, Samuel Jr, Basham, Eskridge is a damn good draft for us so far. Let me see what’s left and I’ll post me BB soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Sorry TL, when I read the draft was suspended for today, I headed out. Watching how players went off the board, I’m glad Eskridge was still there.

Sewell, Samuel Jr, Basham, Eskridge is a damn good draft for us so far. Let me see what’s left and I’ll post me BB soon. 

No problem at all! Just want to make sure that we're grabbing guys that everyone wants.

How do you feel about 189? A "home run"-type pick. Someone to see if we can develop since we're "stuck" with his starter for at least two years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No problem at all! Just want to make sure that we're grabbing guys that everyone wants.

How do you feel about 189? A "home run"-type pick. Someone to see if we can develop since we're "stuck" with his starter for at least two years.

Bah... lost my draft.

#7 - Would be viewed as depth but would wind up playing a key role with how the game is played today. 

#9 - Would allow his counterpart to return to his normal position but has more of a defined role. Could even fulfill a role similar to a current 'Volunteer'

#26 - Depending on how you view this ex-Buc, he could provide exceptional value for a premier position

#32 - Developmental guy. Could grow into the role like a current guy has. 

#37 - Has all of the tools to be exceptional and outplay his draft slot. Recency bias may help or hurt our chances. 

#54 - See #37 but with a bit more time added

#64 - Similar role as #7 but similar position as #32. Should be an effective player. 

#189 - Depending on how you view this ex-Buc, this player could make the entire draft. It could also sink it, as we'd be giving up some good players to get him. 

 

In order of preference

#37, #189, #26, #9

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(Pick #102) : After the departure of Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr. and Danny Amendola in free agency, it's no secret that the Lions needed to add weapons at wide receiver. Sewell's first round "fall" took that option off the table with Pick #7, but Eskridge is a guy that our staff has liked from the beginning. We expect him to see time in the slot with Michael Gallup and Tyrell Williams striking fear into opposing cornerbacks on the outside. (As an added bonus: he has experience playing CB, and we need those too.)

D-0100 D'WAYNE ESKRIDGE, WR, WESTERN MICHIGAN

Eskridge-Kneecaps.jpg

Good job, @TL-TwoWinsAway. Since a few of us did get the wrong message and checked out, I think you did a great job at picking a solid player. I don't think that we would have made a different selection based on who was available. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...