FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

15 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Sorry TL, I was stuck in court. I’m okay with the pick since no trade down was available. 

No problem, of course. The injuries are a big concern, but it was tough for me to go too far from the board. I really wish we could've managed a trade down, but talks with a few different teams fell through.

Pick 1.7 (#7) - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Pick 2.9 (#41) - Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
Pick 2.11 (#43) - Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr., DE, Wake Forest
Pick 3.38 (#101) - D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
Pick 4.7 (#113) - Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
Pick 5.32 (#177) - Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC
Pick 6.33 (#217 - 5.6) - Saturday, April 10th at 8:40 PM
Pick 7.8 (#236 - 1.8) - Sunday, April 11th at 8:40 PM

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

LETS GOOOOO Good pick. Was someone saying he's injured a ton?? either way. heard he is been in the head of Polamalu since the beginning of the process of entering the draft and preparing for NFL. GREAT TO HEARRRRRR. 

Expert Reveals Why Talanoa Hufanga Isn't Making NFL Draft Noise

"He is a great college football player, he really is." said Mora. "He plays with energy so your eyes are attracted to him when you're watching USC on defense. But, NFL scouts are looking for more than that. And I think one of their main concerns is his durability. The two broken collarbones, the shoulder injury all on the same side. I don't think the concussion injury he had is as big of a deal as the bone injuries the joint injuries. You have to question his durability."

Hufanga's injury history is a real concern for NFL decision makers. In 2018, Hufanga broke his collarbone for the first time against Arizona State. He broke it again in 2019, and missed the last half of spring practice that season.

• Like 1