FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

Hey guys.

I got snipped last night (vasectomy), so I'm sort of sore. I'll be posting Sllim's prospects for the pick tonight, and I look forward to hearing more about NFL_Fan's prospects. We'll try and start the vote around 6:30-7:00.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey guys.

I got snipped last night (vasectomy), so I'm sort of sore. I'll be posting Sllim's prospects for the pick tonight, and I look forward to hearing more about NFL_Fan's prospects. We'll try and start the vote around 6:30-7:00.

Greys Anatomy Cut GIF by Rooster Teeth

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey guys.

can you message them to me by chance to check out?? 

Posted (edited)

@Karnage84 @diehardlionfan @Louis Friend @Sllim Pickens @winitall @NFL_Fan @BigC421/

The time for voting for Pick #217 is upon us.

If you can, please list your top three preferred prospects in order. I'll assign a point value to each, and the prospect with the most points will be our selection.

First, Sllim Pickens' three sleeper prospects:

1. 6868 and safety 9 have each taken their play to the next level in 2020 and are the two most responsible for (college)’s No. 27 ranking. 68 has allowed just 71 yards on 161 coverage snaps while intercepting a pass and breaking up two others. 68 plays with a competitive streak that assists him in pass coverage. In the run game, he is instinctive and a willing tackler when he is the force player. He predominantly aligns in press coverage. He uses his length to get a good stab at the line of scrimmage. He is a ball-hungry player who demonstrates competitiveness at the catch point. He also demonstrates good awareness in zone, easily passing off routes while showing good understanding for route combinations. In 2020 he played 391 snaps, 221 coverage snaps, and allowed 8 catches for 101 yards with no TDs allowed and 1 INT which led to a QB rating against of 41.1.  The only player with a higher coverage snaps per catch allowed in the draft is Jaycee Horn.  We have upgraded CB but he would be a great late round flier similar to AO a couple of years ago to develop and fit into any system the coaches plug him into to. 

2. 140He has put up 18 sacks and 26.5 TFLs the last two years while becoming the Sun Belt conference defensive player of the year.  He’s a densely built player with plenty of strength in his frame, but where he really flashes is with the hand usage to discard of blocks. His strike precision isn’t always flawless, but his awareness of attacking hands offers you plenty of hope for what he can become with more consistency. 140 has good get off, good range, good effort, and showcases good leverage; he checks the baseline boxes to serve a rotational role early on and hopefully continues to progress into a starting role with time. 140 showed up at the Senior Bowl at a trim 260 pounds in 2021—if he can maintain his playing weight there, he can be more dynamic as a pass rusher and potentially level up his game in other ways. In all, 140 has the hand usage and pop throughout his frame to command attention in the draft process, although he will face questions regarding his big-play production against some of the better teams on (college)’s schedule.  I always love adding pass rushers and 140 has the potential to develop into solid starter while filling in a rotational role for us early while we figure out what Trey Flowers can be in this system  will be beneficial.

3. 194: 194 just ran a 4.32 (or 4.38) forty at his pro day to show his top end speed.  He has been a productive RB in a split backfield (over 6 YPC each year other than his junior year in which he had 5.8 ypc).  He is more of a power runner that can play between the tackles and fights for yards.  Could be this years Antonio Gibson or James Robinson. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, next up, NFL_Fan's sleeper prospects:

4. 7676 is a quick mover off of the snap. He uses his natural leverage to his advantage by remaining low, which helps him win quickly in a multitude of ways. Having overwhelming hand strength/power at the point of attack, he plays very aggressively and isn’t shy with using them quickly. Few match his suddenness and play violence off of the line, which are the main culprits of how he experiences so much success. A consistent pressure generator, he can disrupt pockets with straight ahead rushing attacks or get home on twists/stunts as the looper. A motor that constantly runs hot, even as an interior rusher, he has outside of the tackle box type of range in ball pursuit when chasing plays down. He is very undisciplined in his approach as a run defender. He will do many outlandish moves in order to create penetration, but in turn it leaves his gap voided for gaping running lanes for ball-carriers. 76 is a true up-the-field penetrator that doesn’t yet understand the meaning/discipline behind run fits. As a pass rusher, he’s developed the habit of winning so quickly that when faced with blockers who can match his intensity/strength, he lacks an effective counter move. As a result, he often gets stuck and left experimenting with tactics to see which eventually become effective for him in that moment.

Ideal Role: Rotational 3-technique that could develop into a starter.

5. 167167 was a 5-star high school recruit that played both receiver and safety in high school. He initially played both positions in college but switched to defense on a full-time basis as a sophomore. 167 brings terrific size to the table and he has some impressive reps playing closer to the line of scrimmage where he can function in condensed areas of the field and trigger downhill. In coverage, 167 is physical and capable of redirecting routes with his willingness to crowd routes and be aggressive. (College) played 167 all over the defensive formation but his below-average play speed and athleticism restricts the roles he can realistically fill in the NFL. He lacks the range and anticipatory skills to play deeper off the ball. While 167’s best qualities are his size and physicality, he doesn’t always perform to his weight class and his enthusiasm in pursuit can disappoint and there are times he is passive when it comes to playing off contact and tackling. 167 is likely a core special teams player in the NFL that brings some situational value in subpackages as a nickel/dime linebacker or in short-yardage defense. The other factor to consider is that (college) listed him at 230 pounds but he measured at 216 pounds at the Senior Bowl. If he was in fact 230, that may have contributed to the athletic profile that was revealed on tape and if the reduction in weight increases his mobility then his ceiling could be higher—perhaps even as a developmental starter as a split zone safety. 

Ideal Role: Developmental strong safety that frequently plays closer to the line of scrimmage. Scheme Fit: Zone heavy.

6. 62(College) defensive end 62 quietly had a productive career as a four-year starter, where he racked up 32 tackles for loss, 21.5 sacks, and four forced fumbles. He’s a strong, physical, and technically-refined defender that the (college) deployed in a variety of ways. At the next level, 62’s best fit comes as a base end in a 4-3 defense that also gets some chances to rush from interior alignments. 62 complements his power and technique with outstanding urgency and a sufficient athletic profile. While he is a very steady player with no glaring deficiencies, he isn’t dominant in any particular area and his physical traits are the baseline for the position. 62 should at least be a valuable rotational end, but his consistency and ability to produce on every down could lead to a starting role in the NFL. 

Ideal Role: Developmental starter as a 4-3 defensive end that has appeal on every down with some ability to situationally rush interior gaps. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The voting is now open!

(Note: as these are sleeper pick votes, I think I'll cast my vote for the prospects as well.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway