FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

27 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It's not that we even just squeaked by. It is a definitive victory despite having such a rough start. Great way to rally back. 

Some teams got some help from their real world counterparts. Holmes has added a couple guys in the secondary but I wouldn't say that we got a huge help from the Lions FO. It just makes this a better FFMD draft for us. 

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Does the grade account for the loss of last years 3rd overall pick?

Nope, just the grades of the players selected. It isn't an overall grade.

It would've been possible to acquire additional picks via trade(s), then make poor decisions using those picks. This grade implies that we did not make poor decisions.

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nope, just the grades of the players selected. It isn't an overall grade.

It would've been possible to acquire additional picks via trade(s), then make poor decisions using those picks. This grade implies that we did not make poor decisions.

Simply quality not quantity? Just for example if the Jags took TL and traded all the rest of there picks for players and or future picks they’d score 100?  I’m guessing it’s essentially using someone’s predetermined opinion of where everyone should get drafted and giving a +/- of the differential?  

I think you guys did a great job but if I’m judging the draft as a whole in the sense of this exact scenario played out in real life I would be extremely displeased with the results to say the least.  (Gallup on a super cheap extension softens it a fraction) .  Obviously you were dealt a bad hand

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Simply quality not quantity? Just for example if the Jags took TL and traded all the rest of there picks for players and or future picks they’d score 100?  I’m guessing it’s essentially using someone’s predetermined opinion of where everyone should get drafted and giving a +/- of the differential?  

I think you guys did a great job but if I’m judging the draft as a whole in the sense of this exact scenario played out in real life I would be extremely displeased with the results to say the least.  (Gallup on a super cheap extension softens it a fraction) .  Obviously you were dealt a bad hand

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Yeah, in that scenario, the Jags draft would have an A+ grade. Would their overall FFMD grade also be an A+? Not sure.

We haven't received an overall FFMD grade. Out of every team (and most teams made draft pick trades of some sort), we have the highest draft grade. It's merely an indication that those that participated in FFMD this year felt we made quality picks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post-Draft Value Rankings

Pick 1.7 (#7) - Penei Sewell (Selected 7th by DET - TVC neutral)
Pick 2.9 (#41) - Asante Samuel Jr. (Selected 47th by LAC - TVC loss of 60)
Pick 2.11 (#43) - Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr. (Selected 61st by BUF - TVC loss of 178)
Pick 3.38 (#101) - D'Wayne Eskridge (Selected 56th by SEA - TVC gain of 244)
Pick 4.7 (#113) - Kellen Mond (Selected 66th by MIN - TVC gain of 192)
Pick 5.32 (#177) - Talanoa Hufanga (Selected 180th by SF - TVC loss of 1)
Pick 6.33 (#217) - Darius Stills (NFL_Fan's sleeper) (Not drafted - TVC loss of 4)
Pick 7.8 (#236) - Marlon Williams (Louis Friend's sleeper) (Not drafted - TVC loss of 1.8)

According to the numbers, we gained a total of 191.2 of TVC value with our draft selections this year, which is the equivalent gain of a mid-3rd round pick. Our biggest "reach" was Carlos Basham Jr., who was drafted a mere 18 spots after we selected him in FFMD. In other words: from a value perspective, we were either really close or got great value.

UDFA SIGNINGS

1. Darrick Forrest (Selected 163rd by WFT - TVC gain of 26)
2. Shemar Jean-Charles (Selected 178th by GB - TVC gain of 20)
3. Foster Sarell (Not drafted)
4. Darius Hodge (Not drafted)
5. Bryce Thompson (Not drafted)
6. Jonathan Adams Jr. (Not drafted - signed with Lions as a UDFA)
7. Nate McCrary (Not drafted)
8. Larry Borom (Selected 151st by CHI - TVC gain of 31)

Even better: three of our UDFA signings were drafted, the earliest being Larry Borom in the 5th round.

Outstanding job everyone.

• Like 2