FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

I'm drawn to the idea of leaning towards 55 or 41, turning that position into a strength and then spending our resources on 62's, 95's or 13's position. With those three 3rd round picks, we could even move some assets and grab a great prospect that happens to slip. (Not saying that we're going to do this or anything... just that it's appealing to me, especially with the way things have gone so far.) Does that make sense to anyone else?

But, really, at what point does a guy like 46 get considered? Are we at a point where need and his talent makes him a hard player to ignore?

Does walking away with 46 and either 55 or 41, along with Sewell, make this a dominant draft?

Those ramblings aside, I'ma head to bed. We draft at 11:00 AM tomorrow, and I'm starting to think that 46 would be a great selection. If we could get either 55 or 41 on top of it, and still have a 3rd round pick to spend, that may be a fantastic direction to move.

@Sllim Pickens @NFL_Fan @winitall @Louis Friend @diehardlionfan @Karnage84 @BigC421/

Big Decisions: Pick #41 and Trade for #43?

Good morning! We're on the clock next, and I wanted to try and finalize some things. I went back through the last 5 pages and wrote out a list of the prospects on the respective big boards (or just general comments). 46 got tons of attention (he was 1st, 3rd and 2nd on three big boards, and mentioned as a wanted target by NFL_Fan), and I also saw a lot of love for 13 (7th, 1st, 3rd, 1st). 9 was also thrown around quite a bit (3rd and 1st, and I believe mentioned by NFL_Fan), and 41 was present as well (2nd, 5th, 7th, 1st).

In addition, if we feel like coming away with two of these players, we have an offer on the table from the 49ers: #72 and #75 for #43. The TVC value is slightly in our favor, and we would still have picks in rounds 3 (late), 4 and 5.

Question #1: between 46, 13, 9 and 41, who do we draft at #41?

Question #2: do we trade #72 and #75 for #43, or do we wait and see how things fall?

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like 55 more than I like 41.  

My top choices would be 13, 9, 46, 55 right now. 

I say we wait to move up after this and target one of those if they drop or 33, 56, 57, 83

I'm with Sllim although I would slot it as 13, 46, 9, 55. We need the help everywhere but I feel that those guys will hit positional needs more while still also being very good players to begin with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm with Sllim although I would slot it as 13, 46, 9, 55. We need the help everywhere but I feel that those guys will hit positional needs more while still also being very good players to begin with. 

I am close on 46 and 9.  I feel 9 is a better value at a lesser need.  But would be fine with either of them. 

Personally, I would have 13 at the top of my board. It feels a little early for 46 and 55. 

I would be intrigued by trading the two 3rds to move up, but would potentially want to reach out to the Chiefs on Tyreek Hill. Their GM posted that they would consider moving him for some mid-range picks and if we could use both 3rds on that, it might be better value IMO. 

Tyreek Hill is on the block asking price is a good collection of mid round picks and a couple good depth/role players ideally including a WR in return. We just don't want to pay Tyreek his next contract.”