2021 Round One Mock Post 49er Trade(Posted Properly, sorry!)

RealisticRaiderFan

I apologize to the forum for posting links before, I was trying to copy the whole selection and it wouldn't paste, but I figured it out, and hopefully this works better.

Thank you guys for helping me out and here's to more mocking! (properly)

After a weekend full of thinking and hearing about the biggest pre-draft trade shake up I've ever witnessed in my lifetime, I've gathered my intel and I'm ready to pump out a new mock draft that is sure to shake things up. Kyle Shanahan wants his new guy, the Phins hopped and skipped with some picks, and the Eagles were just happy to be involved in the move. I'll dissect what I think each move means going forward for each franchise, and the other 29 that were affected passively in this week's mock. This post will consist of picks 1-16 in round one, the next 16 will be up tomorrow.  Stay tuned for any edits or any more crazy trades that may cause me to make more of these wild drafts. Let's dig in to the new draft order and get to picking!

1.  Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence, QB. Clemson

As I stated last week, this is basically a locked in selection. Everyone is bored with talking about this pick but it refuses to change. Nothing new here.

2. New York Jets- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

I was honestly waiting for his pro day to decide my true feelings on how the Jets would address this selection. After the big trade the 49ers made basically directly after that pro day, the Jets should be looking to snag Wilson and move on from Darnold here. Shanahan may be looking at Wilson but wouldn't have moved if he didn't like at least two candidates. So even if Saleh and the Jets get ancy about Darnold and the big move, it works out because they get their leader going forward. Wilson looks like he can make all the throws in any transition which is scary. If the Jets go somewhere else here, I'd look for Wilson to go to San Fran, but if I were running New York's front office, I'd be all in on Wilson for my future.

3. San Francisco 49ers- Justin Fields. QB, Ohio State

Part of me wants to mock Lance here. This move was such an aggressive statement, and if you look at what they did to acquire Solomon Thomas a few years back, this pattern makes sense. I think Kyle is smarter than choosing Lance and if Jimmy G stays, Fields will look like the better choice. Fields looks more NFL ready and much like the Mahomes/Smith situation in KC not long ago, it looks like the draft will be the way they find a starter for this year, not a prospect. Maybe Jimmy G is gone, and they hand the reigns over to the rookie week one. Either way, Fields looks like the better option in this slot only due to value and analysis. Lance and Shanahan would be so fun to watch though.

4. Atlanta Falcons-  Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

I had this mocked here last week, and I've thought about changing it. Not going to happen. I think Arthur Smith is committed to this roster right now and they can win with it. Adding a weapon like Pitts really does some justice for Matt Ryan. Ryan lacked a true TE last year and he has done his most magic with big body pass catchers in the past. Pitts can also be a scary matchup option demanding double teams making it hard for anyone to choose between Ridley, Pitts, and Jones. I like the trio too much not to try and take it to the postseason here. QB is not enticing enough anymore now that the blood is in the water and the sharks are out in droves. I look for Atlanta to fill out their roster here.

5. Cincinnati Bengals- Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Unless someone running the show in Cincy likes Slater more the Penei here, I don't see them passing on what could be the best O-line prospect in 15 years. Sewell like many on this list opted out but that shouldn't affect his stock in this class, albeit a deep one. Burrow on his back is not a sight you want to see next year, and him riding the cart to the locker room isn't a good look either. Reiff was a good signing to help this but I'd slide him to guard and protect my man  Joe and contend for the division this season. The AFC North should be fierce if they all stay healthy.

6. Miami Dolphins- JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU

It's tempting to put Bama back with Tua. Fuller isn't the number one option long term. Who knows if he'll stop hitting the roids long enough to stay consistently on the field. I like giving Tua the best option available, Chase, also an opt out, was the man OVER Jefferson in the LSU championship year. Jefferson just came in a tore the league up. That's totally possible under Flores who I believe has made a winning culture and is doing it with his newer leadership style. Look for Chase to fall right in and be Tua's new favorite option.

7. Detroit Lions- Devonta Smith WR, Alabama

Detroit is barren at this position after letting Golladay and Jones walk. Goff is gonna have to get a weapon and Dan Campbell falls into what could be the Heisman trap. It usually doesn't go to or happen to a receiver but of all the ones in this class, I feel Smith could be a bust. Where better to be one than in Detroit too... I really hope that they turn their history around but I'm not sure Campbell is the right guy for the job. Or maybe he's just crazy enough to pull of some insanity. Either way, a top WR is needed and the world knows it.

8. Carolina Panthers- Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

Carolina gets their man to fall to them, no trade necessary. The possible Watson trade is in purgatory, so they pull the trigger on a raw, young talent. Lance could succeed in this offense. Teddy put up numbers with Moore and Anderson and Lance could do more with that. I also see Matt Rhule doing the worst to Lance because well, Matt Rhule. Carolina needs a playmaker and at his best, Lance is one. Filling out more holes on offense will be key to helping this young QB's development, but that defense looks ready to compete. I personally hope Lance proves everyone wrong where he goes.

9. Denver Broncos- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

Denver has a lot of weird holes to fill. Miller is getting older, is Lock the answer to a faulty QB situation, it's a lot to handle. Free agency seemed to fill their huge CB hole so I seem them going somewhere else defense here. A big and quick presence, Parsons can play sideline to sideline and cover in this league. With Waller, Kelce, and whomever the Chargers present at TE (Pitts maybe?) it'll be crucial for someone in the middle and Parsons is a great addition. Call me a hater but the Broncos weren't getting a QB in my draft.

10. Dallas Cowboys- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

They took Diggs here last year and he shined on a weak secondary. I like maybe taking Slater here only because Dak got destroyed last year but the cornerback need is more pressing, no pun intended. After proving scouts wrong at his pro day, Surtain has cemented his number one corner status in this class. The Cowboys and Jerry Jones pounce on another Bama product. This will be my lazy pick in this draft and it seems to be a no brainer too.

11. New York Giants- Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan

I know this may be early for Paye, but I think New York is staying put with the decisions they've made thus far. Golladay helps Danny Dimes a lot, they've doubled up on the TE's and Barkley will be back. The pass rush is weak and Dak is the only true and tried talent you'll face in the division so getting to the QB would be my go to. Paye looks like a monster for molding and Gettleman sees him here and can't pass him up. Waddle was also an option but I'm a little bias to defense here.

12. Philadelphia Eagles- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

This pick has every bit of a perfect fit written all over it. Another Jaylen in Philly. Another WR to help a weak group. Another Alabama alumni for Hurts to connect with. It only makes sense to mock Waddle here. It is weird to see three teams in a row from the same division and they could totally look to screw each other's plans up. Hurts looks like he could be the guy and I'd go forward with him, that's why you took him last year. Give him some speed and hands that won't drop the ball in Philly.

13. Los Angeles Chargers- Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

Linsley was a splash and here falls Slater into their laps. Herbert looks like a future star for sure and the Chargers are here to keep him upright. (see Dak, Burrow)  I've had Darrisaw here before but Slater falls a little due to skill positions being a need and the Chargers love it. Not glamorous, but worth every bit of the wait at 13th.

14. Minnesota Vikings- Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

Reiff is gone and Kirk isn't mobile enough to not have a good O-line. The fall of tackles helps these teams in the teens, and the Vikings strike it rich here. Cook is a burner when you get him space and those receivers need time to get open. Bring in a fundamental lineman to protect Kirk who has been playing better than perceived lately. Darrisaw can fit in anywhere but center and is just a solid option here.

15. New England Patriots- Jeramiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

I like Mac Jones going here, but it also seems like the easy pick. Van Noy is back and pairing him with a floater style linebacker would shut the inside down. As I've stated earlier, the slot is important especially in the AFC with TE's playing there a lot and being unstoppable. Belichick is ahead of the curve, sticks with Cam and bolsters the defense with this pick. Look for a post draft spending spree by New England too who will attack an overhauled roster.

16. Arizona Cardinals- Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

Pat Pete headed to Minnesota and created an immediate need. The offense looks pretty stacked after free agency and Kyler should be able to do what he needs with the pieces in place now. A decent defense last year should look to get better here. I know Farley has fallen a little recently, and Arizona could be in love with Jaycee Horn, but Farley is a Sherman type corner with size and athleticism and Kingsbury loves those traits. 

17. Las Vegas Raiders- Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC

I hate what Jon Gruden has done to the O-line this offseason. Paying Kolton Miller was fine, but the gutting of the rest of a decent line, all for pennies on the dollar, looks mighty suspicious. I'm confused at what Mayock and Gruden have going on, but the immediate need they created has me once again putting AVT here. He's very versatile and fits Al Davis' raider mold for big, ugly, physical lineman. Wouldn't be much of a move for AVT either as he is right down the coastline. I'd also like JOK here and almost went there, but I'm so unsure of what direction the Hooters regular has us going in, plus he was off the board.

18. Miami Dolphins- Jaelan Philips, EDGE, Miami

Miami goes WR first and addresses defense here with a hometown pick. Philips looked good at his pro day and may have left fellow Cane rusher Gregory Rousseau in the dust...quite literally. His 40 time and workout really boost his value here and Miami doesn't usually take homers, but here they do. Also another southern selection (SEC or ACC) for Miami which seems to be a trend from them in the past five years. I love Philips upside and hope he pans for whoever he plays. If the Phins snag him, we could see another Cameron Wake type player emerge

19. Washington Football Team-  Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

I think that Jenkins will be climbing up boards by draft day, whether it be for OT need in the NFL and a deep class, or because teams fall in love with him. The Raiders could've grabbed him here as well, but I have WFT building a line for whomever will come in next year and be the future. Fitz will work his Nanny McPhee magic like he does and probably earn a wild card spot. That defense is young and hungry for more action similar to last season's output. Give the line a bolster and keep your pieces that you developed or signed a chance to maybe win now. Get your QB next year.

20. Chicago Bears- Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

I was harsh on the Bears in my last mock. More of the same here. They say if you have 3 QB's you have none. Well Chicago gets a guy to groom under Dalton, which sounds and would be awful but the Bears think they have a real thing going. I think Jones going 3rd is smokescreen and yes he could go earlier than 20, but I have him falling a little and the Bears of course whiff on what they planned and now settle for a preseason QB shootout. This franchise is making crazier moves than what my Raiders usually do. It might just be wild enough to work but I highly doubt it. Nagy and Pace making nervous moves on the hot seat.

21. Indianapolis Colts- Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Indy has oozed value decisions since Ballard took over. He has a good position here to make what could be the steal of the draft. In this mock, that steal is Horn. He is on some people's boards above Farley because of the latter's health risk and also above Surtain on some crazies lists. I have him really close to those two and maybe even on par, but people will sleep on him. Not Ballard. CB isn't the biggest need but I'd love an instant starter there and giving the offense time to mold before adding even more new pieces would be smart. This Colts team is really close to championship caliber if Wentz rebounds.

22. Tennessee Titans-  Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

Big middle presence here. I love guys who shine at small, underwhelming programs. Collins looks like the mid 2000s mike linebacker. Sideline to sideline speed and keen tackler. I see missed tackles in this league be a killer week in and week out. Vrabel being an ex linebacker will love Collins and his ability in the middle. Signing Dupree on the edge creates a need for a MLB spy type as the league evolves more into a mobile passing archetype. Tennessee is ahead of the curve and I like Vrabel's approach. Look for defensive help or a receiver to replace Davis.

23. New York Jets- Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State

Saleh sighs after Collins is taken right in front of him, but gets consolation in a fast edge player. Owen has a huge first step that could come in and take the lineman by surprise. His speed was also showcased in the pro day he had and it could raise Saleh's eyebrows. This second pick in the first round for them should definitely be defense with Saleh calling shots. They get their guy at 2 and here they create a pass rush to help Mosely and Maye in the second and third levels of that young defense. If anyone can change that culture, it should be Saleh.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama

I'm not sure where Barmore will fall but he could also go early. His final stretch in college was as good as you'll see at his position and he could be overlooked by teams only for where he plays. Pittsburgh has some weird holes and Barmore fills their scarce defensive need. A running back is the easy choice here but I hate mocking Etienne or Harris here. the Steelers front office has to be smarter than that right? I hope they invest in that defense that had them 11-0 last year only to choke. But the did resign Big Ben so who knows if they're insane or not. It's not 2006 anymore.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Trevor gets a weapon in year one to go with some already good receivers. My biased self would usually go D here, but I like helping out the rookie. Maybe Shad Khan starts letting people make the right moves with his money. That offense showed signs of explosion with mediocre play from QB's and sad playcalling. An overhaul of those moving pieces makes for excitement in Duval. Big hops and big hands from Bateman give Lawrence a redzone and third down target.

26. Cleveland Browns- Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

My mouth waters at this option. Ojulari is my top edge guy, and him going to pair with Garrett is irresistible. The Browns don't have many needs going into the draft (wait, what did I just say?) but the other edge side would be the only glaring need. I almost put Moerig here, I just like improving that defense in this scenario. WR could also be a play but I think their depth played well minus OBJ last year. He may also be traded soon too so Cleveland has options. Ojulari will come into the league and produce wherever he lands.

27. Baltimore Ravens- Trevon Moerig, S, TCU

The only DB I love more than Charles Woodson is Ed Reed. Ozzie Newsome looks to recreate the Lewis/Reed days of old by grabbing a safety here. It may not be the biggest need for Baltimore but I like the fit and I think him and Queen could help each other produce more. Jackson gets the flack for this Ravens team busting at the end of the year but that defense shouldn't escape criticism here. Moerig is the best safety in the class and Newsome has a way of making value of whatever pick or position.

28. New Orleans Saints- Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

Winston looks to be the starter next year. You never know with Sean Payton. Another case of getting a weapon to replace someone leaving, Toney comes in for Emmanuel Sanders and to help a corps that lacked the same firepower they showed two years ago. Thomas come back and stays healthy, Kamara plays the way he does, and Toney could emerge as a number two guy in NOLA. Greg Newsome could go here with the recent Lattimore troubles, but I think Payton plays with his offense here.

29. Green Bay Packers- Rondale Moore,  WR, Purdue

This just seems like a match. No way the Packers enrage Rodgers again. The looks on his face when his pass catchers dropped perfectly placed dimes was priceless and telling. Matt LeFluer isn't a fluke but he's got to cater to his QB at some point. Jones coming back for cheap is nice and settles some fears but if this isn't a pair of hands for Rodgers or best defender available, the Pack will decline. Rondale Moore is slated to be a huge contributor in the NFL and I wouldn't let his size worry anybody.

30. Buffalo Bills- Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami

Gregory falls, but to the perfect spot. The Bills don't need much but a raw edge presence on that already good defense would pair nicely. The offense looks stacked with the Sanders addition and Buffalo has given MVP caliber Allen all the tools on offense he needs. I have Rousseau falling due to his raw ability and lack of experience but Sean McDermott can work with those skills. Buffalo gets scarier and I think they make it to the big dance next season. Should have been this year.

31. Kansas City Chiefs- Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State

People may see Asante as a mid 2nd rounder, but the Chiefs secondary is what cost them the Super Bowl whether it be coverage or tackling. Not a day one starter, Samuel Jr. could be a good number two corner in a pass heavy division. I like the possible O-line choice but they've done a lot to their line in the draft last year and this offseason already. With a fresh second place trophy in their minds, they go secondary to help what lacks the most in my mind.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Landon Dickerson, OL, Alabama

I mocked this selection last week, and I love it more here as time goes on. I hate that Tampa Bay starter making good moves after Brady arrived but alas, they plan for the future here. Jensen's contract is up next year and he will demand money. Dickerson is a true leader at C, which Bama does well at producing and this seems like a smart Arians esque pick. The QB whisperer talk in multiple languages and a good QB-C relationship is huge. Arians makes it happen for either Brady in a wheelchair next year, or the new man in Tampa after Tom retires.

A lot of different takes in this draft after the big trade. The next 16 will be just as diverse and different from the first mock I did. Keep a lookout tomorrow for that 17-32 post tomorrow morning. I really enjoy the moves that are actually being made, it keeps me writing new takes on what I see unfolding. As always, thanks for reading. 

JUST WIN BABY

45 minutes ago, RealisticRaiderFan said:

29. Green Bay Packers- Rondale Moore,  WR, Purdue

This just seems like a match. No way the Packers enrage Rodgers again. The looks on his face when his pass catchers dropped perfectly placed dimes was priceless and telling. Matt LeFluer isn't a fluke but he's got to cater to his QB at some point. Jones coming back for cheap is nice and settles some fears but if this isn't a pair of hands for Rodgers or best defender available, the Pack will decline. Rondale Moore is slated to be a huge contributor in the NFL and I wouldn't let his size worry anybody.

I feel fairly confident that there's a 0% chance the Packers will take Rondale Moore in the first round.  LaFleur likes his receivers on the bigger side, he has struggled to stay healthy, and the Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker in 2002.

Without any trade downs which is what we really need to do but im not sure your doing them in your mock im cool with Pitts he is a generational type TE talent and worthy of BPA and pick 4.   Now with that said i do have a bit of beef with 1 thing you said  in here

4. Atlanta Falcons-  Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

I had this mocked here last week, and I've thought about changing it. Not going to happen. I think Arthur Smith is committed to this roster right now and they can win with it. Adding a weapon like Pitts really does some justice for Matt Ryan. Ryan lacked a true TE last year and he has done his most magic with big body pass catchers in the past. Pitts can also be a scary matchup option demanding double teams making it hard for anyone to choose between Ridley, Pitts, and Jones. I like the trio too much not to try and take it to the postseason here. QB is not enticing enough anymore now that the blood is in the water and the sharks are out in droves. I look for Atlanta to fill out their roster here.

That is 100% not true and is disrespectful to our #1 TE who performed well last year.   We traded for Hayden Hurst last offseason and gave up a 2nd round pick to do so.  Hurst is a 1st round talent TE and is a top tier blocker along with being a pretty athletic guy himself and very good catching TE.   1st year i the system and with the team and he put up 600 yards and 6 TD's as the #4 target thats not to bad at all.   Again without a trade im not against adding Pitts to the TE group just based on him being BPA and Generational type upside there.  But he is for sure not a need and i wouldn't against a Parsons or Surtain there but still trade down is #1 priority if we can pull it off we need way more than 1 or 2 good early round players on this team right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RealisticRaiderFan said:

Call me a hater but the Broncos weren't getting a QB in my draft.

The reports I'm see doens't looklike we would target a QB in this draft either. Which makes sense. Denver have a lot of players that will possibly play out their last year in Colorado, like Von Miller, Kyle Fuller, Bryce Callahan, Kareem Jackson, Melvin Gordon, Ja'Wuan James, Alexander Johnson, Tim Patrick and Graham Glasgow (possibly a few others). 

George Paton just come in, he probably won't draft a QB just because the guy is a QB, must be a guy he really likes. If the season doesn't work out I bet he fires the coaching staff, let those guys walk and start building a coaching staff and roster as he please. 

With that in mind makes sense passing on a QB, but if one of the top 5 are there I think we may see Paton trading down to the highest bidder with no floor to move down. Trying to get more picks this and next year. Also don't see Parsons going that high with all those off field issues.

20 hours ago, RealisticRaiderFan said:

15. New England Patriots- Jeramiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

BB  would never pick a LB that was 6'1" and 215 lbs.  I pretty sure he's never picked a LB under 240lbs. JOK doesn't fit his scheme.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I think the Bengals end up going with Chase, but I certainly wouldn't be upset with Sewell

Exactly.  I wanted Sewell all year once it seemed we were destined for a top 3 pick.  Having said that, the OP mock bears out the strategy for taking Chase.  A lot of those OTs are slipping to the second round, plus we picked up Reiff.  So as much as it pains me to say it (not really, I love Chase, but want Sewell more in a vacuum), the fact that we can get a second tier OT means we can afford to take Chase in the first

On 3/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, RealisticRaiderFan said:

31. Kansas City Chiefs- Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State

Not happening. The Chiefs have three frontline CB--Charvarius Ward, DeAndre Baker and L'jarius Sneed, and a sold CB4 in Rashad Fenton. What they don't have are two established OT or DE. Bet that the first pick is on one line or the other.

J

On 3/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, RealisticRaiderFan said:

27. Baltimore Ravens- Trevon Moerig, S, TCU

The only DB I love more than Charles Woodson is Ed Reed. Ozzie Newsome looks to recreate the Lewis/Reed days of old by grabbing a safety here. It may not be the biggest need for Baltimore but I like the fit and I think him and Queen could help each other produce more. Jackson gets the flack for this Ravens team busting at the end of the year but that defense shouldn't escape criticism here. Moerig is the best safety in the class and Newsome has a way of making value of whatever pick or position.

Newsome retired 2 years ago. 😉

Good work with the rest.

Edited by WizardHawk

You probably should move Lance to 3. Because if they are keeping Jimmy, they'll want someone to hold the clipboard behind him, and when it comes to injuries, Trey has a better medical bill of health than Fields, and SF has had enough of QB Injuries. 

Jaycee Horn should be going ahead of Farley

I doubt Pittsburgh would Pass on Najee Harris if he's available.