2021 Round One Mock Post 49er Trade(Posted Properly, sorry!)

RealisticRaiderFan

On 3/31/2021 at 11:29 AM, RealisticRaiderFan said:

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama

I'm not sure where Barmore will fall but he could also go early. His final stretch in college was as good as you'll see at his position and he could be overlooked by teams only for where he plays. Pittsburgh has some weird holes and Barmore fills their scarce defensive need. A running back is the easy choice here but I hate mocking Etienne or Harris here. the Steelers front office has to be smarter than that right? I hope they invest in that defense that had them 11-0 last year only to choke. But the did resign Big Ben so who knows if they're insane or not. It's not 2006 anymore.

Any mock that does not have the Steelers drafting Etienne at 24 ( if available) is going to be wrong.  They have all but signaled that is who they are targeting.  Then taking a Dline at 24 is even worst.  Absolutely no need for a Dlineman that is not even worth a 1st round pick .

On 3/31/2021 at 11:29 AM, RealisticRaiderFan said:

Trevor gets a weapon in year one to go with some already good receivers. My biased self would usually go D here, but I like helping out the rookie. Maybe Shad Khan starts letting people make the right moves with his money. That offense showed signs of explosion with mediocre play from QB's and sad playcalling. An overhaul of those moving pieces makes for excitement in Duval. Big hops and big hands from Bateman give Lawrence a redzone and third down target.

We have 3 good wrs and a good rb. Only weapon we lack is a proven pass catching te. 

At wr we have DJ chark(probowl guy in 2019), marvin jones(proven number 2 wr we just signed) and laviska shenault (2nd rounder last year and was tied with deandre hopkins and cooper kupp in forced missed tackles. If we were going to pick a wr I would think more like Toney or rondale Moore who provide more like an OW like shenault but both of them are faster. 

If I'm the jags I'm either taking Moehrig or Rousseau.  Moehrig helps fix our safety spot. 

Rousseau is raw but based on his tools he might fill a role as a dl for the jags in the 3-4.  

I don't like it for the Pats. It's a bit too early for JOK, and we drafted a fairly similar player last year. In this mock Jones is available at 15, so we'd pick him. If he's not, we'd probably trade back.

First priority is get a QB, second priority is to get a QB. If we miss, it's a trade back probably