Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Acgott

Week 7: Seattle Seahawks @ New York Giants

Recommended Posts

On 10/22/2017 at 7:52 PM, Gmen said:

Back on track for a top 3 pick!

Not sure we were ever off track.

Edited by Ohbeejay
Misspell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 5:14 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Nowhere really. 

Saquon/OBJ/Eli > Bell/Brown/Roethlisberger. If we end up with a top 3 pick and take Connor Williams, or any other OL at that pick, im gonna puke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Saquon/OBJ/Eli > Bell/Brown/Roethlisberger. If we end up with a top 3 pick and take Connor Williams, or any other OL at that pick, im gonna puke. 

Then you will blame Jerry Reese in two years for not addressing the OL.

Edited by Kip Smithers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, GmenSeattle said:

Where does Saquon get us? :)

Purgatory.  A situation where we can win 5 to 8 games per year.  Not good enough for playoffs, not bad enough to get our next franchise quarterback.  

My opinion is that if you have a 37 year old quarterback and you’re picking in the top 5, you draft a quarterback.  It’s been a great ride with Eli and we will see him in Canton, but we need to look towards the future.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gmen said:

My opinion is that if you have a 37 year old quarterback and you’re picking in the top 5, you draft a quarterback.  It’s been a great ride with Eli and we will see him in Canton, but we need to look towards the future

Yes it’s time for the future, but the league has shown you don’t need a top 5 QB to win the Super Bowl. They should go BPA with reason. If that is a QB, then so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Then you will blame Jerry Reese in two years for not addressing the OL.

Jerry Reese wont be here in 2 years.

Who was the last top-5 pick OL who was actually a perennial pro bowl player? Joe Thomas? Trent Williams? You pick BPA, and there are about 3 QBs and a runningback better than any OL this upcoming draft. You have a better chance at getting a Luke Joeckel or Matt Kalil than getting a Thomas or Williams, especially with this current scouting department and management doing the evaluations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Acgott said:

Yes it’s time for the future, but the league has shown you don’t need a top 5 QB to win the Super Bowl. They should go BPA with reason. If that is a QB, then so be it.

You may not need a top 5 QB, but you'd better have one that's top 10 and i'm not sure a 37 year old Eli is that.  A 38 year old Eli definitely won't be that.

I like watching Saquon Barkley play.  He's very exciting.  But who was the last star RB to lead his team deep into the playoffs?  Shawn Alexander in 2005?  Adrian Peterson is a future HOFer and as dominant of a RB as I've seen, but his teams are always MIA in January.  Meanwhile, the top QBs of the past decade all have rings.  Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, Ben, Eli.  The only ones that didn't get one are Rivers and Romo.  I don't think I'm overestimating the need for a top tier QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You may not need a top 5 QB, but you'd better have one that's top 10 and i'm not sure a 37 year old Eli is that.  A 38 year old Eli definitely won't be that.

I like watching Saquon Barkley play.  He's very exciting.  But who was the last star RB to lead his team deep into the playoffs?  Shawn Alexander in 2005?  Adrian Peterson is a future HOFer and as dominant of a RB as I've seen, but his teams are always MIA in January.  Meanwhile, the top QBs of the past decade all have rings.  Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, Ben, Eli.  The only ones that didn't get one are Rivers and Romo.  I don't think I'm overestimating the need for a top tier QB.

Ohhhhh, I think we all have to have Faith in Eli- look at all the 37-year-old-plus immobile QB's that have starred in the playoffs over the years! Why, right off the top of my head, I can name George Blanda, not so long ago! And, uh, and, uh................................................................- well, I'm  pretty sure there were some others!

And, as far as star running backs leading their teams DEEP into the playoffs,  didn't the Indianapolis Colts ride the churning legs of Trent Richardson to the very brink of the Super Bowl, what was it, 2013? 2014? - What? Neither one?!? Oh, okay, then- guess you were right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gmen said:

You may not need a top 5 QB, but you'd better have one that's top 10 and i'm not sure a 37 year old Eli is that.  A 38 year old Eli definitely won't be that.

I like watching Saquon Barkley play.  He's very exciting.  But who was the last star RB to lead his team deep into the playoffs?  Shawn Alexander in 2005?  Adrian Peterson is a future HOFer and as dominant of a RB as I've seen, but his teams are always MIA in January.  Meanwhile, the top QBs of the past decade all have rings.  Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, Ben, Eli.  The only ones that didn't get one are Rivers and Romo.  I don't think I'm overestimating the need for a top tier QB.

My point is we shouldn’t reach for a QB. Football is a team game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Jerry Reese wont be here in 2 years.

Who was the last top-5 pick OL who was actually a perennial pro bowl player? Joe Thomas? Trent Williams? You pick BPA, and there are about 3 QBs and a runningback better than any OL this upcoming draft. You have a better chance at getting a Luke Joeckel or Matt Kalil than getting a Thomas or Williams, especially with this current scouting department and management doing the evaluations.

Ok that's fair take BPA, but don't take a freaking RB that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ok that's fair take BPA, but don't take a freaking RB that's for sure. 

If he is BPA, which he very well might be, then yeah you take him. If teams fell in love with Zeke in the pre-draft process, wait until you hear how much teams are gonna love Barkley. He's a generational prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually not opposed to drafting a running back in the first round.  I supported the idea of drafting Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Eliot (before the draft process).  But, I wouldn't draft one over a QB at this point.  I think not drafting a QB is just delaying the inevitable rebuilding process.  Unless... the Giants believe in Davis Webb.

Edited by Gmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If he is BPA, which he very well might be, then yeah you take him. If teams fell in love with Zeke in the pre-draft process, wait until you hear how much teams are gonna love Barkley. He's a generational prospect. 

Zeke plays behind an all world o-line. We do not. If there is a Tackle worth being taken in the top 5 then you take him over any RB. I'd honestly I'd invest anywhere on the LOS. Take a QB? Not a chance. If anything we should trade down if we're top 3.

Edited by Kip Smithers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×