Week 7: Seattle Seahawks @ New York Giants

Acgott

On 10/28/2017 at 10:52 AM, Kip Smithers said:

Zeke plays behind an all world o-line. We do not. If there is a Tackle worth being taken in the top 5 then you take him over any RB. I'd honestly I'd invest anywhere on the LOS. Take a QB? Not a chance. If anything we should trade down if we're top 3.

There is not a single position that should be off the board for the Giants come draft day. We are not set anywhere. If they believe in 1 of the QBs that are available when they pick, they NEED to take him. 2 years from now, you have who as your starting QB? Do you really want to put all your money on Davis Webb becoming the guy? Do you really want to risk having a Geno Smith, or any other veteran journeyman as your QB?

The last thing I want to be is the Texans (until this year): a crazy good roster at almost every position except for QB. Make the playoffs and lose 1st round every year. No thanks

4 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

There is not a single position that should be off the board for the Giants come draft day. We are not set anywhere. If they believe in 1 of the QBs that are available when they pick, they NEED to take him. 2 years from now, you have who as your starting QB? Do you really want to put all your money on Davis Webb becoming the guy? Do you really want to risk having a Geno Smith, or any other veteran journeyman as your QB?

The last thing I want to be is the Texans (until this year): a crazy good roster at almost every position except for QB. Make the playoffs and lose 1st round every year. No thanks

We are absolutely set in the back end of our defense and I'd say our front 4, well at least our starters are set. WR we are set. No if we pick high then we trade down and try to get a big haul. I'd draft the best playmaker available. 

We are not set at any position except Strong safety and NT. That is it. DRC is gone. Apple so far is below average. Jenkins is 29. On the front 4 we are supposed to have 3 great players. JPP and Vernon have both dealt with nagging injuries during their time with us. Harrison is great.

If we were set on defense. We wouldn't be 27th in yards per game. Or 27th in passing yards allowed. Or 23rd in rushing yards allowed. I don't care what injuries we have there that is not set.

59 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We are not set at any position except Strong safety and NT. That is it. DRC is gone. Apple so far is below average. Jenkins is 29. On the front 4 we are supposed to have 3 great players. JPP and Vernon have both dealt with nagging injuries during their time with us. Harrison is great.

If we were set on defense. We wouldn't be 27th in yards per game. Or 27th in passing yards allowed. Or 23rd in rushing yards allowed. I don't care what injuries we have there that is not set.

Never said we are set on defense. I said in certain areas we are set. When I mean set I mean where we have enough talent otherwise you can do that for every team. 

33 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Never said we are set on defense. I said in certain areas we are set. When I mean set I mean where we have enough talent otherwise you can do that for every team. 

Clearly we don't have enough talent if we are in bottom 10 in everything.

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

A year is a very long time in the NFL. You don't drop from top 5 to bottom 10 for no reason.

If you're able to be top 5 to begin with then the talent must be there. There could be a number of reasons why the defense isn't as good; injuries, regression, chsnge in communicator I.e. At LB. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

If you're able to be top 5 to begin with then the talent must be there. There could be a number of reasons why the defense isn't as good; injuries, regression, chsnge in communicator I.e. At LB. 

Exactly. There are many reasons why our defense isn't good. So we can't really be set in the secondary and DL. The Giants need to go BPA. If its a DE, S, OT, QB, WR, RB, then so be it. We can't play bingo

58 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Exactly. There are many reasons why our defense isn't good. So we can't really be set in the secondary and DL. The Giants need to go BPA. If its a DE, S, OT, QB, WR, RB, then so be it. We can't play bingo

Yeah there are many reasons why our defense hasn't been good THIS YEAR. If we're drafting high then we get an immediate game changer. I'm not taking a RB, don't care about Barkley. 

@Kip Smithers

We are definitely not set at WR. We have an all-world WR and a No. 2/3 WR depending on how you value Shep, who has had some really big games and some clunkers. Need at least one more legit WR and it has to be someone who can play on the outside. If next season started today, your WR corps is OBJ, Shep and Roger Lewis on the outside. That seems dangerous to me. 

Safety I can agree with you only in the sense that they are going to give DT another shot as the starter. CB we will need depth behind Jackrabbit and Apple. LB need to be overhauled completely, except for maybe BJ Goodson. Definitely need depth on DL, particularly in the middle where we only have Snacks and Tomlinson going into next year. 

QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB and CB are all in play early in the draft.

Archived