Burrow vs Trevor: Better QB this coming season?

Jeezla

J Burrow vs T Lawrence  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB in 21/22: Burrow or Trevor?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 06:45 AM

Will year 2 Joe Burrow or Rookie Trevor Lawrence have a better season?
Burrow has Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, Joe Mixon. Potentially Ja'Marr Chase. 
Lawrence will have Chark, Shenault, Marvin Jones, James Robinson. And probably a better OL.
Who will have the better statistical season? Which QB will win more games?

Edited by Jeezla

I voted for Joe Burrow in 2021.  Not because I lack confidence in Trevor, but because I have that much respect for Burrow.  He looked great last year before getting injured, and that should continue.

I also expect Trevor to have a great career, but I'm not going to crown him in his rookie season on a team that just went 1-15 the year before.  I just want to see the Jaguars improve this year and for Trevor to get acclimated to the new offense, and playing against NFL defenses in this first year.  He should be awesome by 2022, but I'm going to give the kid some time to get up to speed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I voted for Joe Burrow in 2021.  Not because I lack confidence in Trevor, but because I have that much respect for Burrow.  He looked great last year before getting injured, and that should continue.

I also expect Trevor to have a great career, but I'm not going to crown him in his rookie season on a team that just went 1-15 the year before.  I just want to see the Jaguars improve this year and for Trevor to get acclimated to the new offense, and playing against NFL defenses in this first year.  He should be awesome by 2022, but I'm going to give the kid some time to get up to speed. 

^This. 

2 hours ago, Chargers said:

Lawrence will have the better year imo. Burrow is coming off a injury that takes a full season to be completely right again. That and the Bengals still employ Zac Taylor. 

I won't judge Taylor, but the injury thing you're saying is 100% the case. Joe Burrow is going to look rough in year one post-injury.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Buzza. 

You have to hope Cinci have and will do enough to resource the OL

They should be in a great position to land Sewell. Reiff or Williams can move to RT while the other moves inside to guard. That's instantly a way better line than what Cincinnati had last year.

Burrow will have the weapons and supporting cast on offense to be very good. Just a matter as to how he comes back from injury and if Taylor can get the best out of him, which I have my doubts about.

Lawrence without much hesitation. In general I think he's the more talented player, but then factoring in that Burrow is coming back from a significant injury, I don't think Burrow is going to have all that great of a season his 1st year back from the injury.

• Like 1

Since there is no downside to being wrong...I'm going to shoot for the stars and say Lawrence. If Herbert can be a very good QB year 1...why not Lawrence, who I think is better, with a better set of skilled position players (in my opinion), and with a pretty bad defense which should inflate stats a bit? 

Lawrence is the most overhyped QB prospect I've ever seen and even returning from a bad injury I think Burrow will have the better year and the better career. 
Also I like Cinci's O more than JAX's (especially if Cinci manage to land Sewell). 
I think Burrow will be a mid-pack QB and Lawrence a 25th-32nd kind of starter for the upcoming year. 

5 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Lawrence is the most overhyped QB prospect I've ever seen and even returning from a bad injury I think Burrow will have the better year and the better career. 
Also I like Cinci's O more than JAX's (especially if Cinci manage to land Sewell). 
I think Burrow will be a mid-pack QB and Lawrence a 25th-32nd kind of starter for the upcoming year. 

What is it about Lawrence that makes you think he will be that bad?  Where is he lacking?