Burrow vs Trevor: Better QB this coming season?

Jeezla

J Burrow vs T Lawrence  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB in 21/22: Burrow or Trevor?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 06:45 AM

I think the easy answer here is Burrow. And that's strictly bc we have seen he can plat at the next level. SO its kinda cheating. But lets look at his college career. He started 1 year and had the best season ever pretty much for a QB. BUT IT WAS ONLY 1 YEAR. And that was his question mark. Lets not also forget that he had NFL talent everywhere around him. So it was rather easy for him to produce.

TLaw on the other hand is pretty much the exact opposite. We've seen 3 full years of him playing. Where he's looked great his whole career. The question marks with him are very little. Bc we've seen so much of him.

So for me as a prospect TLaw is/was the better prospect.

BUT

I do think Burrow has the better NFL career. And here's why.

He's in the better situation. He has talent around him on offense. So even if the team isn't winning. It wont be his fault. It will be the defenses. They've given him talent all over the place. And they will only do that further with their pick this year (I think they draft 1 of Sewell, Chase or Pitts). To go along with a nice RB room and a great WR room. Burrow is set up to succeed. This is where teams fail a highly talented QB WAY too much. CIN is making it where Burrow wont be the problem for them. 

On 4/2/2021 at 7:11 AM, Bobby816 said:

I think the easy answer here is Burrow. And that's strictly bc we have seen he can plat at the next level. SO its kinda cheating. But lets look at his college career. He started 1 year and had the best season ever pretty much for a QB. BUT IT WAS ONLY 1 YEAR. And that was his question mark. Lets not also forget that he had NFL talent everywhere around him. So it was rather easy for him to produce.

TLaw on the other hand is pretty much the exact opposite. We've seen 3 full years of him playing. Where he's looked great his whole career. The question marks with him are very little. Bc we've seen so much of him.

So for me as a prospect TLaw is/was the better prospect.

BUT

He's in the better situation. He has talent around him on offense. So even if the team isn't winning. It wont be his fault. It will be the defenses. They've given him talent all over the place. And they will only do that further with their pick this year (I think they draft 1 of Sewell, Chase or Pitts). To go along with a nice RB room and a great WR room. Burrow is set up to succeed. This is where teams fail a highly talented QB WAY too much. CIN is making it where Burrow wont be the problem for them. 

Didn't he start 2 years at LSU?  1st year he and LSU were average then 2nd year Joe Brady came to LSU from the Saints and they dominated.

I think Trevor Lawrence has the better season.

Burrow is going to be playing within the 2nd toughest division in football with two defenses that year in and year out are atop the league and then the Browns are an average type defense.
————

Conversely the Jags are in a division where Lawrence will have some solid offensive tools to work with from jump and that’s not including the help that can be added with having so much draft capital to work with.

Then when I look at that division you’ve got the Colts who should be a top 10-12 type defense. But the Titans pass defense was atrocious in 2020 and even with improvements shouldn’t be all world. Then throw in the Texans, which should be bad all around... and you’ve got the makings of an all around easier route for Trevor Lawrence to exploit for success.

Not to mention Burrow will be coming off of an injury to boot.

Lastly, Lawrence is more talented overall and we’ve seen as of late rookie QBs translating their talents sooner rather than later at the NFL level.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 7:11 AM, Bobby816 said:

If you're argument for why Burrows would be better is because you've seen him play in the NFL...and he's pretty good. I'd buy that. It's not bad logic. We haven't seen Lawrence on an NFL field, so there is always some level of uncertainty until we actually see it. 

But regarding the situation...I think that situation is pretty overrated. Great QBs find a way to make the most out of their situation...they raise everyone's game. The OL doesn't look as bad as it once did. The RBs have more room to run. The WRs are having fewer contested passes, and get the ball in more hot routes from audibles. If Lawrence is the QB that many of us think that he is...a Peyton Manning like QB...I'm not concerned about his situation...at all. 

And it's not like the Jaguars have no talent on offense. Is Mixon that much better than Robinson? I think that Mixon lives off of hype more than production. One year in and James Robinson put up a better season than Mixon has ever seen in the NFL. Tyler Boyd is a solid WR, but is he better than Chark? Nope. Tee Higgins had a very impressive rookie season, but are we going to ignore how could Shanault looked as a rookie? And he now appears to be entering and offense that appears to be a perfect fit for his skillset. Auden Tate is a good player...but better than Marvin Jones? I don't think so. Theoretically, the Bengals could bring in another skilled position player...but if your argument is that we haven't seen Lawrence do it yet...how can you at the same time assume that the guy that Bengals bring in will bring immediate returns?

On 4/3/2021 at 11:54 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

People think Lawrence is going to be Mahomes immediately. 

This is bad rhetoric

The poll suggests people don't even think Lawrence is going to be Burrow immediately

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is bad rhetoric

The poll suggests people don't even think Lawrence is going to be Burrow immediately

Assuming I'm just talking about this poll is 'bad rhetoric'. 

Questions like 'if Trevor doesn't take Jacksonville to the SB in year 1, is this a failure' are legitimately being asked. It's too much.

There was a thread a few weeks ago called 'how many Superbowls will Lawrence have'. It's hard even for Patrick to get them. People's hype-machines are crazy

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 4/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Assuming I'm just talking about this poll is 'bad rhetoric'. 

Questions like 'if Trevor doesn't take Jacksonville to the SB in year 1, is this a failure' are legitimately being asked. It's too much.

There was a thread a few weeks ago called 'how many Superbowls will Lawrence have'. It's hard even for Patrick to get them. People's hype-machines are crazy

This makes no sense to say it’s “legitimately being asked” without including the fact that the legitimate answers every time were a resounding no from said “people”. Those asking the ridiculous questions are in the huge minority.

Which again to @Tk3 point, you are using hyperbole and rhetoric to appear overly counter-hype. To point to his hype as something resounding when it’s been extinguished every time, points more towards popularity than insanely irrational hype.

This time last year Joe Burrow was eviscerating a unanimous MVP in polling about who would have the better career, I’d say in comparison, Lawrence’s grandiose threads that continuously feature L’s (to this point) are roughly in the same territory of expectation... only considering he’s the better, more proven talent and in the better situation, it feels somewhat more reasonable from my vantage point. But that’s neither here nor there.

This thread is not a product of Lawrence ridiculous hype, it’s a legitimate and very reasonable comparison IMO; Rookie Lawrence vs Injured/Recovering Sophomore Burrow. Good arguments abound for either side.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

This makes no sense to say it’s “legitimately being asked” without including the fact that the legitimate answers every time were a resounding no from said “people”. Those asking the ridiculous questions are in the huge minority.

Which again to @Tk3 point, you are using hyperbole and rhetoric to appear overly counter-hype. To point to his hype as something resounding when it’s been extinguished every time, points more towards popularity than insanely irrational hype.

This time last year Joe Burrow was eviscerating a unanimous MVP in polling about who would have the better career, I’d say in comparison, Lawrence’s grandiose threads that continuously feature L’s (to this point) are roughly in the same territory of expectation... only considering he’s the better, more proven talent and in the better situation, it feels somewhat more reasonable from my vantage point. But that’s neither here nor there.

This thread is not a product of Lawrence ridiculous hype, it’s a legitimate and very reasonable comparison IMO; Rookie Lawrence vs Injured/Recovering Sophomore Burrow. Good arguments abound for either side.

You can't take that Burrow exists. Every single thread there is on him you are there to discredit him. 

You are one sad puppy 🤣

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes, they are.

No they aren't.

Trevor has sky high expectations, and I wouldn't even disagree that they are unrealistically high, but no serious person thinks that if he doesn't turn around a team that literally won 1 single game last year that he/this regime is a failure.