Burrow vs Trevor: Better QB this coming season?

Jeezla

J Burrow vs T Lawrence  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB in 21/22: Burrow or Trevor?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 06:45 AM

Just now, JiffyJag said:

No they aren't.

Trevor has sky high expectations, and I wouldn't even disagree that they are unrealistically high, but no serious person thinks that if he doesn't turn around a team that literally won 1 single game last year that he/this regime is a failure. 

Yes, they are. 

No sane person would. I've had a couple discussions with people online (not necessarily on here, although I do remember one or two predicting superbowl year one...currently trying to dig it out) who have said words to the affect like the Jags will have dropped the ball if they don't win the SB with Lawrence right away. 

"if he doesn't turn around a team that literally won 1 single game last year that he/this regime is a failure. "

Well of course....have you seen the internet? All I said was these questions are being asked. Not that they should be.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes, they are. 

No sane person would. I've had a couple discussions with people online (not necessarily on here, although I do remember one or two predicting superbowl year one...currently trying to dig it out) who have said words to the affect like the Jags will have dropped the ball if they don't win the SB with Lawrence right away. 

"if he doesn't turn around a team that literally won 1 single game last year that he/this regime is a failure. "

Well of course....have you seen the internet? All I said was these questions are being asked. Not that they should be.

You said they were being "legitimately asked". I would not count "5 morons online are saying it" as being a legitimate question.

There are people online that believe that blood drinking lizard people are running the world, but I wouldn't say "are blood drinking lizard people running the world?" is being "legitimately asked". 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

You said they were being "legitimately asked". I would not count "5 morons online are saying it" as being a legitimate question.

There are people online that believe that blood drinking lizard people are running the world, but I wouldn't say "are blood drinking lizard people running the world?" is being "legitimately asked". 

OK. All I'm saying is the hype is too much and I have seen those questions (stupidly) being asked 

I mean...I think it's more likely Jags win the superbowl than your second statement, but as we've just been told by Diamond - we shouldn't use hyperbole to make a point 😚

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

You can't take that Burrow exists. Every single thread there is on him you are there to discredit him. 

You are one sad puppy 🤣

Or I simply find Lawrence to be the real deal, could it not be that?

What’s more where have I discredited his accomplishments? I find Lawrence to be a better talent/prospect, I’ve found Justin Herbert to be a superior QB last season (he was), I found Lamar Jackson to be the superior talent to Burrow.

Yet in each thread I’ve given Burrow some level of props, I’ve acknowledged that it’s not a one sided debate. That others’ opinions are valid. But yeah, continue with your assertions as this forum’s new structure makes it quite easy to produce receipts.

Tbqh I could care I very little about Burrow, I find his HC to be incompetent and therefore until that situation changes, my concern over the Bengals will be far smaller than the concern I have for the Steelers and Browns.

2 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Agree completely. Exactly what I was saying, only far more humorously put. 😆 

On 11/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Burrow on the Ravens would be so good he could beat a plot armored Superman and Goku at the same time.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:31 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Boy you’re telling me?! Its a wonder that Burrow can even produce with those trash weapons, bottom 5 unit if you ask me! I think they should purge that offensive talent. Hopefully they ESPECIALLY don’t think to trade AJ Green or Tyler Boyd to the Ravens, would hate for such scrubs to pollute our on field product... we’d be gifting them the division at that point. It’s even disgusting to just think about.

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Ooof....triggered.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, diamondbull424 said:

AJ Green may not be elite any longer, but if he were than the Bengals would have the second best WR core in the NFL, only behind the ridiculous amount of weapons in Tampa Bay. 

Green is still a WR that can beat most #3 corners in the league.

With Boyd and Higgins you’ve got two legit WRs. Add in Auden Tate as someone with ability. Someone is going to have a mismatch on every play. Especially when you consider Sample is a quality TE as well. Then you’ve got a great receiving RB like Mixon.

Like they have a top 5 receiving core in the league. Only receiving cores I’m taking over theirs are the Bucs, Seahawks, Saints, and Chiefs. Unless I’m gravely forgetting about some other team. But unless people are gravely underrating Tyler Boyd as a WR that would be the only explanation for how someone might underrate the Bengals weapons.

Imagine thinking Cinci have a top 5 receiving core in the league 🤣 that's some mental gymnastics to try and discredit Joe if I've ever seen it

On 11/7/2020 at 9:38 PM, diamondbull424 said:

So when people are trying to play the “woe is Burrow” card, it doesn’t work. His OL might not be great, but his weapons are. No different than if the OL was great, but the weapons aren’t. You can’t always have it all... and that OL has looked better in recent weeks as well. So now we’re left with those weapons still being one of the best in the league.

On 11/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, diamondbull424 said:

I get the feeling that Lamar come these playoffs could have a Joe Flacco-esq run where here goes 11 TDs, 0 Ints and wins SBMVP... and most in this thread would still take Burrow over Lamar. Love to see it. 😂

Love to see your salt. Ooof again.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, diamondbull424 said:

You keep stating Burrow’s greatness as seemingly a sure thing. He’s playing in a division that consistently fields two of the best defenses in the league, yet your verbiage would have one believe the Burrows’ ascension to career supremacy is all but a done deal? 

Like it wouldn’t be surprising for Jackson to follow the Kaep/Newton trajectory, yet Burrow isn’t allowed to take trajectory L’s because his trajectory is comparable to the GOATs. Cool story bro. Apparently there isn’t a single positive outcome as to what Jackson can become (because he’s already hit his peak and can’t do any better), yet Burrow has an over abundance of GOAT trajectories that he can choose from. GTFO with this nonsense. 

Cena Ooo GIF

On 11/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I fail to see how THAT post with plenty of unfounded beliefs is somehow “dunk” worthy. Lamar Jackson just won unanimous MVP just las season and is younger than Burrow. Burrow hasn’t even proven to be the best rookie QB of his draft class. Let’s save the dunks for a situation when Burrow has actually proven to be clearly on a higher operating level than the person he’s compared to in Jackson.

Black Ink Crew Lol GIF by VH1

That's just the first few pages of 1 thread. I'm already bored. You've even stated he's no better than Darnold.

I have never seen so much salt for one player, disguised within long-winded baked up explanations designed to show how correct you are. It's so transparent, you're not as blatantly salty as many on here, but you're the same person who just uses prose to hide it. 

Edited by BigTrav

On 4/6/2021 at 2:32 PM, JiffyJag said:

That's part about the lizard stuff is just crazy.  Everybody knows the blood-drinking elites are not lizard people. :)

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:19 AM, BigTrav said:

That's just the first few pages of 1 thread. I'm already bored. You've even stated he's no better than Darnold.

I have never seen so much salt for one player, disguised within long-winded baked up explanations designed to show how correct you are. It's so transparent, you're not as blatantly salty as many on here, but you're the same person who just uses prose to hide it. 

None of that dispels the notion that in the thread I gave him props. I just fail to agree with the nonsense that he’s a better QB than Lamar Jackson and after I expressed that, I defended Jackson. What’s more Cincy’s receiving core was very talented and if AJ Green were still at his prime (as I said there) then there aren’t many receiving cores I’d put above that squad. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:41 PM, ET80 said:

I won't judge Taylor, but the injury thing you're saying is 100% the case. Joe Burrow is going to look rough in year one post-injury.

Wasnt a single rupture, multiple injuries to the knee. 

Offensive line is bad and he was getting blasted. He has a lot ot overcome in himself let alone play football at a high l3vel

Burrow, without hesitation. He showed he was an overcomer, playing at pretty high level with a semi trash roster outside of a few offensive pieces. Now they have an offseason to address their biggest needs, Burrow could easily take an even bigger leap in year two

Excuse me for being cynical but Lawrence has to prove he can play at a high level with a less than ideal surrounding cast against even faster, smarter defenses. I'm not assuming anything with him

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

How did this thread turn into a shade Lamar Jackson Thread? FF is getting pathetic when it comes to LJ. Guy has literally nothing to do with this topic.

anyway, Burrow is quickly becoming overrated. Guy survived long enough to go 2-9 (one win which was the jags who were actively keeping their best QB on the bench to ensure the tank)and everyone watching objectively knew we were seeing a dead man walking the way he was unable to avoid big hits/ the fact his offensive line was trash. David Carr and Sam Bradford are quietly sipping water, knowing the direction his career is headed. He has a good arm and ball placement but as a rookie it showed he didn’t get hit much in college as he clearly lacked a fundamental awareness and understanding that pass rushers in fact want to kill him and eat him.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

Eh, I'll say Lawrence.  The Jags' receiving corps is sneaky good, and Burrow is coming off an injury.  And the question is who will play better, not who will win more games.

Jags can keep alienating all of their good defensive players, but those receivers will put up a lot of TDs in 2021.