NBA Fantasy Draft - Round 2 - 11sanchez11 vs beekay414

MKnight82

Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?

• 11sanchez11
    • beekay414

Pick 11sanchez11 Position   Pick beekay414 Position
1 Stephen Curry G   1 Giannis Antetokounmpo F
2 Jaylen Brown G   2 Zach Lavine G
3 Kyle Lowry G   3 Kristaps Porzingis C
4 Christian Wood F   4 Lamelo Ball G
5 Draymond Green F   5 Jordan Clarkson G
6 Demar Derozan F   6 Joe Ingles F
7 Royce Oneal F   7 Aaron Gordon F
8 Al Horford C   8 De'Anthony Melton G
9 Nic Batum F   9 James Wiseman C
10 Thaddeus Young F   10 Bogdan Bogdanovic F
11 Jakob Poeltl C   11 Matisse Thybulle G
12 Kentavious Caldwell Pope G   12 Kyle Anderson F

@11sanchez11

PG: Steph Curry (35), DeMar Derozon (22)
SG: Kyle Lowry (32), KCP (1)
SF: Jaylen Brown (32), Royce O'Neale (15), Nic Batum (9)
PF: Draymond Green (32), Thad Young (16)
C : Christian Wood (30), Al Horford (15), Jakob Poeltl (1) 

@beekay414

PG LaMelo Ball | De'Anthony Melton
SG Zach LaVine | Jordan Clarkson | Matisse Thybulle
SF Joe Ingles | Bogdan Bogdanovic 
PF Giannis Antetokounmpo | Aaron Gordon | Kyle Anderson
C Kristaps Porzingis | James Wiseman

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Giannis has a lot to do on defense for BK

Yep. Just how it worked out for the starters. Ingles is a smart team defender but the other 3 don't defend a lick. I probably should've went with Giannis at the 5 and built that way but, if I were to do that with this lineup...

Melton, Thybulle, Ingles, Gordon, Giannis would be the defensive lineup but I'd probably leave LaVine or Clarkson in for some offense and hope to hide them.

Oh, and Wiseman is a rotational big, at best, here. I took him for the upside. I know, I know, it's a one year draft but I can't help it LOL. He'd play about a quarter and change with Giannis, Gordon, Porzingis manning most of the backcourt minutes or even Ingles depending on the look.

Edited by beekay414

Went with Beekay. Not a huge fan of a Lowry/Curry backcourt with Wood at the 5, think they'd get cooked defensively. Ingles, Lamelo, or Lavine running pick-n-roll with Giannis/KP or even even Giannis running pick-n-roll with KP would toast 11's team.

Man, this one is tough. If 11 had a more dependable defensive 5 to help against Giannis then I'd go with him, but I think Giannis would annihilate the other team even with Draymond.

Again, LaMelo is such a huge issue in a playoff setting. He played well with some great highlights, but I don't trust him at all to keep it up in a playoff setting right now. He's such a liability.

11's 1-3 is so perfect. BK has the far superior frontcourt. Ugh. Gotta think.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Man, this one is tough. If 11 had a more dependable defensive 5 to help against Giannis then I'd go with him, but I think Giannis would annihilate the other team even with Draymond.

poeltl is one of the best defensive rim protectors in the nba

defensive FG% under 6 feet for JP: 46.6%. overall DFG% in 41.4. Spurs have a 108 drating when JP is on.

DFG% for Gobert under 6 feet: 50%. overall DFG% is 43. Jazz have a 105 drating when Gobert is on. 

but still we could run PnR at Giannis every play with Curry. Curry is literally the most efficient scorer in the NBA when running PnRs. Wood is the 3rd most efficient rim finisher in the NBA this year after Zion and Giannis. Wood also shoots 38% from 3. The benefit of that is making every other player on his team have to rotate and getting giannis basically out of the play because you have come up to the screen v Curry or your roast. and if giannis is guarding Draymond we get to play 4 on 3 with Draymond on the short roll vs LaMelo, Lavine, Porzingis, and Ingles. They have no chance. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not a huge fan of a Lowry/Curry backcourt with Wood at the 5, think they'd get cooked defensively

both curry and lowry are two of the better rotating guards in the nba. lowry is just a very good defensive player in general. curry is good too. there is a reason both have been on top 5 defenses for basically the last 5ish years (prob longer for curry).

Wood, okay.  But both years in the NBA his team is about +4 drating better when he is on the court, which is good. like kristaps is -6 this year. CW has a 45 DFG%, which is slightly above average. And a DFG% of 53 under 6 feet, which is good (lg average is about 61, tho obvi bigs have better averages than the rest of players). I don't think there is a lot evidence that CW is a bad defensive player.  I know a lot of ppl haven't watched him because both years he has been on absolutely terrible teams but both years he had about a +10 on/off which is crazy good. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

21 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Giving Curry credit for being on great defensive units is pretty wild. He's fine but the lack of size and rim protector aren't going to halt Giannis.

He's good on defense tho. Obvi he isnt guarding Giannis.

Idk if you guys remember a couple of months ago the team that beat the Bucks mostly guarded him with Jae Crowder... he averaged 21 PPG that series...he can't shoot. I'm guarding him with Draymond. 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He's good on defense tho. Obvi he isnt guarding Giannis.

Idk if you guys remember a couple of months ago the team that beat the Bucks mostly guarded him with Jae Crowder... he averaged 21 PPG that series...he can't shoot. I'm guarding him with Draymond. 

Flawed logic and half truths. The entire defense catered to Giannis, it wasn't one guy playing man. What about Steph Curry makes him good defensively? He's consistently graded out average to below average on impact stats. He has physical limitations, load concerns and being a good rotator doesn't make you a good overall defender.

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Flawed logic and half truths. The entire defense catered to Giannis, it wasn't one guy playing man. What about Steph Curry makes him good defensively? He's consistently graded out average to below average on impact stats. He has physical limitations, load concerns and being a good rotator doesn't make you a good overall defender.

here's like 8 minutes or so explaining why curry is solid on defense

in it, with the evidence: "impact metrics actually view him as a solid positive defender"

https://youtu.be/bvTPxCOfjdE?t=1574

also can we talk about like lamelo, lavine, ingles, and zinger lol. also giannis is a terrible player to be the best defensive player on the team v curry. he is not good on the perimeter. ppl always say why doesn't giannis guard the best player on the other team, cause he isn't good at it. remember they put him on jimmy for a little while and he roasted him. 

here's a meme from the finals

ok i'm done here lol 

teams giannis has beaten in the playoffs in his entire career: pistons, magic, celtics

this is his 8th year in the nba

Leading scorers on teams that have beaten Giannis in the playoffs: DeMar Derozan (Lowry 2nd), Al Horford lolol (Jaylen 2nd), Kawhi (Lowry 2nd), Jimmy Butler

Edited by 11sanchez11