Worst Off-Season Move?

LinebackerGod

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

the jags neglecting the TE position in FREE agency with all that money.  u surely could have gotten either Junno or henry or hell even everett to be your Move TE but instead we go into the draft with  4 tes on the roster and traded a higher-upside injury prone guy for a conditional 7th.  

the tes on the jags roster have a combined a 101 catches over  15 combined NFL seasons(2 guys played a combined 15 games 4 starts as rookies last year.

the jags best recieving te stat wise right now is James O'Shaughnesy with his 88 catches in 6 years with 80 of them coming the last 4 years. 

Kyle Pitts going with the 1st overall pick will sure up your TE position for 10 years minimum!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

a raw player who takes time to develop is now considered a bust after a weird rookie year off-season combined with the fact we pretty much made him play 4-3 DE when hes better suited as a 3-4 OLB. 

this year i think he will show out since hes gonna be in a 3-4 and cullen will unleash him. 

he finished last year with 21 pressures over the final 8 games and that was done primarily with just average dudes around him.  

last year we started Taven bryan(a well documented busts), Davon Hamilton(3rd round rookie) and Doug costin(UDFA ROOKIE last year), Abry Jones(Just a guy), and Daniel Ekuale(waiver pickup before season) at DT.  that is FAR From ideal.   now throw in the fact we had No JOSH allen for half the season(hes the best edge on the team and DL by far). 

Im not saying he's a bust, but it looks like it could go either way right now. Point I was trying to make is that many people celebrate getting a "first round pick" but then once a player is picked and reality sets in, the trade usually doesn't look as good.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Im not saying he's a bust, but it looks like it could go either way right now. Point I was trying to make is that many people celebrate getting a "first round pick" but then once a player is picked and reality sets in, the trade usually doesn't look as good.

Only 1 sack is the worrying thing.   If he can develop into what he said he is then it's gonna look good.  If he turns into a well-rounded olb which he has the tools to do so it would be considered a hit.  I think the magic number is 8 sacks

On 4/5/2021 at 10:52 PM, LinderFournette said:

Only 1 sack is the worrying thing.   If he can develop into what he said he is then it's gonna look good.  If he turns into a well-rounded olb which he has the tools to do so it would be considered a hit.  I think the magic number is 8 sacks

Oh for sure. From the Rams perspective though, Ramsey for him and whoever they draft this year is likely going to look like a steal.

He wanted out of Jax, so it's not bad from your guys' perspective per se, but my comment was more targeted at the people who freaked out about the Rams trading two first round picks for him