Worst Off-Season Move?

On 4/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, Riftty said:

Lions taking Goff. It helped us greatly but the lions taking a crappy QB like Goff with that contract is a bad move for the franchise. 

I don't even expect Goff to be in the NFL in a few years. 

I'm not saying Goff is going to be great on the Lions but a lot of players have benefited from a change of scenery and Goff hasn't been all terrible since he's been in the league. Even if he is god awful the team is doing a complete rebuild and the best way to do that is to collect as many draft picks as you can so I think it was the right move.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, Riftty said:

Lions taking Goff. It helped us greatly but the lions taking a crappy QB like Goff with that contract is a bad move for the franchise. 

I don't even expect Goff to be in the NFL in a few years. 

Not in the NFL in a few years is a stretch IMO unless he just wants to quit since he has lots of money. #1 overall picks usually get multiple chances as long as they have an average work ethic (Not sure if Goff has good, bad, or average)

On 4/2/2021 at 7:23 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

There were a ton of horrid moves this off-season.  

San Francisco giving up half of their future for a #3 pick is ridiculous.  Genuinely believe they’re going to pay for it.

Watt going to Arizona was really dumb and had everybody believing he would go to a team where he could actually win a Super Bowl.  

The Goff-Stafford trade takes the cake though.  Even the way it started out was really asinine.  Detroit asks for Aaron Donald in exchange for Stafford, and if I were Los Angeles, I would have taken that as  disrespect.  Then Detroit’s like “ok we’ll take the QB” then, but LA still somehow finds a way to lose in the deal.  All they had to do was maybe offer some 3rd or 4th round picks but they gave up two 1st round picks.  You can kind of see how they were trying to lift Goff’s value in the trade, but they never had to offer that much.  And at the end of the day,  Stafford is only minimally better than Goff is.  It’s not like LA gave up two 1sts for Aaron Rodgers.  

First round picks are overrated. Rams will have 10 draft picks next year and 7-10 the year after. Have a good enough foundation to keep churning out productive mid round draft picks.

I think Stafford is a massive upgrade to Goff, so I think the Rams will win this trade. The Lions weren't going to do anything anytime soon, so this was also probably a good trade for them. I say probably because if they attempt to make Goff their future QB and it doesn't work, this trade can actually set them back.

Heres the first round pick that the Jags used that they got for Ramsey:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blackandteal.com/2020/12/23/jacksonville-jaguars-klavon-chaisson-2/amp/

He's super young and has time to develop, but they're currently 0/1, pending further development. If he does end up a bust, nobody will revisit and revoke the criticism of the Rams for trading two first round picks for Ramsey (for those that criticized the move).

The phrase "first round pick" is a catch all. The reality is, as we all know, that all first round picks are NOT created equally. Jacksonville got 20 and 25 from us - the Lions will probably get worse picks than those.

We all have different opinions of Stafford which ultimately drives the opinion of this trade - I happen to think he's a big upgrade and don't mind trading the picks at all.

Stafford will take LA deep into playoffs. I know a lot of Rams fans are still in the breakup phase, but I think they'll be pleasantly surprised. McVay will have beyond 20 yards open again in his play book.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1
On 4/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, jrry32 said:

Putting aside the Texans, the Bears haven't had a good off-season to this point.

It has been bad, but if it leads to the final nail in the coffin for Nagy I support it.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, Dalan162 said:

The Bears paying Andy Dalton decent money when they have a playoff team is mindboggling. 

Obviously, they tried to make a move for Russell. Bu there are better options out there. Especially Sam Darnold. Make a big swing at Garoppolo. Hell, make the Stafford trade a 3-way trade and try to get Goff. 

I really don’t see what they’re doing. 

Meh. We backed into the playoffs because there were teams that blew it worse than us, not because we were legitimate enough to warrant being there. Hence the 2nd embarrassing performance in 3 years there. Goff would crumble behind our OL, Darnold would at least have ARob. Garappolo is a more expensive disappointment, etc.

Dalton is underwhelming, but at least we didn't grossly overpay for mediocrity. Thats the silver lining at least.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Dalton is underwhelming

That’s a very optimistic approach on him. He’s going to be absolutely terrible. Worse than Trubisky, IMO. I don’t really like the Bears roster at all. I think they’ve got a chance to rebuild now before all of their pieces become “bleh” in the trade market. 

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

That’s a very optimistic approach on him. He’s going to be absolutely terrible. Worse than Trubisky, IMO. I don’t really like the Bears roster at all. I think they’ve got a chance to rebuild now before all of their pieces become “bleh” in the trade market. 

Again, I want Nagy gone, so this isn't a bad thing to me. lol

• Like 1

Colts sitting on their hands not signing at least one edge rusher. It’s the weakest position on the team. Would’ve been a better move if they signed a veteran DE and also draft a DE with pick 21 or 54.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, LinebackerGod said:

What’s been the worst move of the off-season so far?

the jags neglecting the TE position in FREE agency with all that money.  u surely could have gotten either Junno or henry or hell even everett to be your Move TE but instead we go into the draft with  4 tes on the roster and traded a higher-upside injury prone guy for a conditional 7th.  

the tes on the jags roster have a combined a 101 catches over  15 combined NFL seasons(2 guys played a combined 15 games 4 starts as rookies last year.

the jags best recieving te stat wise right now is James O'Shaughnesy with his 88 catches in 6 years with 80 of them coming the last 4 years. 

18 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Heres the first round pick that the Jags used that they got for Ramsey:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blackandteal.com/2020/12/23/jacksonville-jaguars-klavon-chaisson-2/amp/

He's super young and has time to develop, but they're currently 0/1, pending further development. If he does end up a bust, nobody will revisit and revoke the criticism of the Rams for trading two first round picks for Ramsey (for those that criticized the move).

a raw player who takes time to develop is now considered a bust after a weird rookie year off-season combined with the fact we pretty much made him play 4-3 DE when hes better suited as a 3-4 OLB. 

this year i think he will show out since hes gonna be in a 3-4 and cullen will unleash him. 

he finished last year with 21 pressures over the final 8 games and that was done primarily with just average dudes around him.  

last year we started Taven bryan(a well documented busts), Davon Hamilton(3rd round rookie) and Doug costin(UDFA ROOKIE last year), Abry Jones(Just a guy), and Daniel Ekuale(waiver pickup before season) at DT.  that is FAR From ideal.   now throw in the fact we had No JOSH allen for half the season(hes the best edge on the team and DL by far).