4. Dana Altman
5. Bill Self
6. John Beilein
7. Chris Holtmann
8. Eric Musselman
9. Andy Enfield
10. Wes Miller
11. LeVelle Moton

I don't think Tony Bennett or Porter Moser would be fits. The idea is to get elite recruits and that style of offense isn't bringing in recruits. I really don't want Scott Drew but I'd be hardpressed to say that he would be a bad hire. 

Listed Enfield late because he's shown that he can adapt his coaching style to the players around him. Just look how vastly different the play styles of USC and FGCU were. He's a solid coach.

Edited by beekay414

It won’t happen but LeVelle Moton from NC Central is actually an interesting candidate. Has strong ties locally, coached on the U19 team in 2015 and 2019 (coached guys like Tatum, Jalen Suggs, Cade Cunningham, Tyrese Haliburton), has a strong resume(Won either the MEAC regular season or tournament six of the last eight years with 4 NCAA appearances), and has the Roy co-sign. I actually thought NC State or Wake Forest should have hired him.

I know this somewhat contradicts my previous comments but he’d be an intriguing name if they don’t intend to go after the household guys.

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It won’t happen but LeVelle Moton from NC Central is actually an interesting candidate. Has strong ties locally, coached on the U19 team in 2015 and 2019 (coached guys like Tatum, Jalen Suggs, Cade Cunningham, Tyrese Haliburton), has a strong resume(Won either the MEAC regular season or tournament six of the last eight years with 4 NCAA appearances), and has the Roy co-sign. I actually thought NC State or Wake Forest should have hired him.

I know this somewhat contradicts my previous comments but he’d be an intriguing name if they don’t intend to go after the household guys.

If we take a lower level guy, I want Wes Miller. His teams are always so well coached and he rebuilt UNCG. They damn near beat Gonzaga in the 2018 NCAA Tournament (lead 64-62 with 1:47 left) and pushed Florida State to the wire (down 5 with 1 minute to go) this year.

However, like others have pointed out on a different forum, Wes Miller will always be there. Take a chance on a bigger name, outside the family guy, and if he doesn't work, circle back to Wes. He's only 38 years old.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

1. Jay Wright

If I'm UNC, Wright would be my #1 target to replace Roy. Two national championships over the last 5 NCAA tournaments and a guy that has proven to be able to recruit at a high level. Villanova's last two recruiting classes (didn't take anyone in 2020) ranked 5th and 3rd in the country. But the thing about his recruiting style is that he builds good classes without really getting the one-n-done type of players. As Overtime's HS league becomes a thing, the G-League route available for top guys, and the one-n-done rule likely coming to an end soon, he's the type of coach that I think would be very successful at UNC. 

Because the key to building a good team/program going forward is going to be landing those high 4*/low 5* guys that are multi year players and developing them. If Wright can attract top 5 classes at Nova he'll certainly be able to do the same at UNC. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If I'm UNC, Wright would be my #1 target to replace Roy. Two national championships over the last 5 NCAA tournaments and a guy that has proven to be able to recruit at a high level. Villanova's last two recruiting classes (didn't take anyone in 2020) ranked 5th and 3rd in the country. But the thing about his recruiting style is that he builds good classes without really getting the one-n-done type of players. As Overtime's HS league becomes a thing, the G-League route available for top guys, and the one-n-done rule likely coming to an end soon, he's the type of coach that I think would be very successful at UNC. 

Because the key to building a good team/program going forward is going to be landing those high 4*/low 5* guys that are multi year players and developing them. If Wright can attract top 5 classes at Nova he'll certainly be able to do the same at UNC. 

Wright 100% makes the most sense but, in the end, it's going to be Wes Miller.

So far, what we know is Bubba Cunningham has kept it "in the family" and interviewed King Rice, Wes Miller, Jerry Stackhouse, Hubert Davis and Steve Robinson. We're going to massively **** this up lol. 

Edited by beekay414

North Carolina has reached an agreement in principle to hire UNC assistant coach Hubert Davis to replace Roy Williams as the school's basketball coach, according to CBS Sports' Gary Parrish. Davis, 50, was a star guard for the Tar Heels under Dean Smith from 1988 to 1992 before a lengthy NBA playing career. He has spent the last nine seasons as an assistant for the Tar Heels.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/north-carolina-reaches-agreement-in-principle-for-unc-assistant-coach-hubert-davis-to-replace-roy-williams/

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

For such a big program this hire is about as bad as it gets. 

Carolina has a mentality that belongs in the 1960s, not the 2020s. The family culture is so god damn stupid. There are far too many people involved in this bull**** and when you have too many mouths, you make muddied decisions. Once they said "the best coach doesn't mean he's the best fit" I knew we were going with this hire. Roy gets what Roy wants.

Lost a **** ton of respect for Bubba Cunningham today.