2021 Mock Draft

Blue

24 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Betting you're a Pats fan, no way Fields lasts until 15, he's a top 10 pick for sure. And if ATL wants Phillips, can easily see trade back to add future picks and still get Phillips

Good sir this is exactly the move that needs to be made actually to get both players on both teams lol.  Falcons trade to 15 for a few picks this year and a 1st next year.   Pats get Fields at 4 which is about where he is expected to go and the Falcons take Phillips at 15 which for me is a little high for him but is acceptable and close enough as he is talented and we could use a edge rusher + more picks.   To me the Falcons and Pats make really good trade partners based on what we both need and want and where our needs line up at best.

Zimmer's defense does not use three LBs enough for one to ever be the best player available in this round it is next years draft problem more then this year also if you have an O-lineman going 17 as you do I don't get why he couldn't have been drafted at 14 if not also possibly going Fields as most valuable position.

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Good sir this is exactly the move that needs to be made actually to get both players on both teams lol.  Falcons trade to 15 for a few picks this year and a 1st next year.   Pats get Fields at 4 which is about where he is expected to go and the Falcons take Phillips at 15 which for me is a little high for him but is acceptable and close enough as he is talented and we could use a edge rusher + more picks.   To me the Falcons and Pats make really good trade partners based on what we both need and want and where our needs line up at best.

Well, honestly, I'd rather you deal with the Broncos for pick #9. OK, I AM biased but that's the fun of this forum. 

12 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, honestly, I'd rather you deal with the Broncos for pick #9. OK, I AM biased but that's the fun of this forum. 

Im more than ok with trading with the broncos at 9 thats a really good spot for us as well seeing as Surtain and Parsons who 2 of my top targets will be there probably and heck we might even luck into a Pitts slipping as well there depending on what other teams need.   9 to me is probably my favorite spot in this draft based on what Falcons early needs really are.  It keeps us high enough for a truly top tier talent while still giving us good ammo in the early rounds of the draft added on.

5 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Atlanta is not taking Phillips, and SF is taking Lance. And the latest reports suggest Pitts is their guy. Justin Fields also doesn't pass Carolina. Radunz isn't a first rd pick

Im starting to believe Pitts is our target as well if we can't get a really good trade down offer.  I still believe trade down is out 1st option we want base don the ton of needs we have and how many pundits and insiders are saying we are actively shopping it.  But if no one offers anything worth our time i think Pitts being BPA and talent level would lead us to select him.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:31 PM, Cutler06 said:

Betting you're a Pats fan, no way Fields lasts until 15, he's a top 10 pick for sure. And if ATL wants Phillips, can easily see trade back to add future picks and still get Phillips

I hate the Pats.

After Carolina, I don't see any teams ahead of the Pats that are definitely looking at quarterback. If the Broncos and Vikings aren't high on Fields, he could easily drop to 15 or lower. Hard to see QB5 coming off the board in the top 10, but in this class, I don't even know what to think about where or how many QBs are getting taken in the first round.

Probably, but so could Oakland with Clelin Ferrell a couple years ago and they still took him at 4. If a team likes a guy enough, they'll take him where they're at instead of hoping he falls to them if they trade back. I do think Atlanta ultimately trades out of that spot, though.

22 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

Zimmer's defense does not use three LBs enough for one to ever be the best player available in this round it is next years draft problem more then this year also if you have an O-lineman going 17 as you do I don't get why he couldn't have been drafted at 14 if not also possibly going Fields as most valuable position.

They're not drafting Parsons to be the third linebacker, they're drafting him to replace Barr, who is in a contract year coming off a major injury at soon-to-be 30 years old. Maybe they wait until next year to get that replacement. I'm pretty high on Parsons and think Zimmer would love to have him, all else being equal.

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I know it's not fair but I'm having too many Aaron Maybin flash backs to ever be on board taking Oweh in round 1. 

0 sacks last season is just not excusable. Buffalo needs a proven guy who can get after the QB.

I'm not an Oweh fan either, though to be fair Maybin was grossly undersized for his NFL role.

7 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Atlanta is not taking Phillips, and SF is taking Lance. And the latest reports suggest Pitts is their guy. Justin Fields also doesn't pass Carolina. Radunz isn't a first rd pick

Nearly every report is treating Mac Jones to San Francisco as a done deal. Maybe they're pulling everybody's legs and they aren't crazy, but I'm gonna take the bait and assume that's who they're taking until they prove me wrong.

Seen a lot of love for Radunz, I don't think he's a first-round talent either.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

This might be the worst Bears mock draft ever.

The Bears love Montgomery.

The Bears have a speed option at RB in Cohen 

As a Packers fan, please, continue to lie to yourself about your backfield talent.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Nearly every report is treating Mac Jones to San Francisco as a done deal. Maybe they're pulling everybody's legs and they aren't crazy, but I'm gonna take the bait and assume that's who they're taking until they prove me wrong.

This is how most niners fans take it, I think. I'm waiting for Peter King about a week before the draft. That's when I worry. King usually let's something rip then if he's got intel. We didn't give anything up with bosa either and we told him at the combine he was the pick. So I'm just ignoring all talk for now.

#justsaynotomac

On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Blue said:

Myles Jack hasn't played great for the Jags and they have nothing around him at off-ball backer. Collins is a physical specimen with great all-around game who can help with pass rush, coverage, and run support while growing into a middle linebacker role.

Lol clearly u didn't watch last year.  Dude was at least probowl caliber last year.  We also have schobert at ilb on a deal and while Collins could line up at our 3-4 olb spot I'm not sure I take chaisson off for him.  Better off going with Barmore, Rousseau, or one of the wrs.  

Barmore and Rousseau would likely be rotation guys on our dl with upside.  Wr cuz Lawrence deserves a great cast and bateman or toney can give us a different type at wr

9 hours ago, Forge said:

This is how most niners fans take it, I think. I'm waiting for Peter King about a week before the draft. That's when I worry. King usually let's something rip then if he's got intel. We didn't give anything up with bosa either and we told him at the combine he was the pick. So I'm just ignoring all talk for now.

#justsaynotomac

But they didn't plug the leaks...? Everybody knew they were taking Solomon Thomas and Nick Bosa well before the draft, and Brandon Aiyuk was a popular pick for them last year, too, iirc.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Lol clearly u didn't watch last year.  Dude was at least probowl caliber last year.  We also have schobert at ilb on a deal and while Collins could line up at our 3-4 olb spot I'm not sure I take chaisson off for him.  Better off going with Barmore, Rousseau, or one of the wrs.  

Barmore and Rousseau would likely be rotation guys on our dl with upside.  Wr cuz Lawrence deserves a great cast and bateman or toney can give us a different type at wr

I have a good friend who is a Jags fan and he vehemently disagrees with you.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

But they didn't plug the leaks...? Everybody knew they were taking Solomon Thomas and Nick Bosa well before the draft, and Brandon Aiyuk was a popular pick for them last year, too, iirc.

Not at all. Days before the draft our primary beat reporter was saying that we were considering Williams and everyone was freaking out that we took him out to a private dinner late in the process.

• I spoke with people high up with the 49ers at the Combine, and they were just gushing about Quinnen WIlliams. They felt Bosa was an excellent player, a bit of safe pick, probably more of a position of need heading into free agency given how good DeForest Buckner was for the team last year. But they just had more emotion in the voice, more excitement for Quinnen Williams. They felt his upside was just off the charts when you consider last year was really his first season of playing time in the SEC, to dominate it in the fashion he did, and really moving inside, adding the weight to move inside, they felt the sky is the limit for what this guy could be. They just seem to think that Williams was more special as a player, had more upside, and really they like the makeup of him as well. And they didn’t dog Bosa at all. They were just really impressed with Williams, in terms of his character, his football character. And so, I heard that there from people high up with the 49ers. And speaking with some people at other teams, I have heard that some of the scouts in their conversations, they have also heard from 49ers people they are really high on Williams and really think the world of him. That’s the player that’s kind of tugging at the heartstrings

The quote was from the combine....where we told Bosa that we were picking him lol 

You can successfully mock Bosa there because he was the best player in that draft when it was coming around. It's not the same. 

People can get the mocks right because those can be easy to predict at certain spots.  Most niner fans on the forum guessed we were taking Thomas because he was a pick that made sense for the team. I called last year that we were going to sign Alex Mack. I don't have sources on it. Just certain things make sense. But there was nothing that came out from the team. Things don't come from the niners until they want them to. Hell, it was a condition of Lynch's hiring because the previous decade had been so bad with leaks (FWIW I also don't know of any of the main reporters who tied us to Aiyuk last year. The talk was pretty much all around the 9ers and Ruggs and the big three. I did find one mock that had them selecting Aiyuk about 2 mos before the draft, but it was a rando and Diggs was still a big enough process to be mocked at #13 overall)

We see this stuff all the time with the niners. "9ers are going to acquire Matt Stafford! It's really close". We seriously just went through that like crazy at the senior bowl. Oh, the niners didn't really even want him. The niners called about Teddy B! Ian: eh...yeah, they didn't. This regime's reputation isn't for it. 

Nate Tice on the Athletic Podcast 2/23: "You can tell by the amount of rumors that get pushed out...more rumors come from more teams because the powers that be like to talk. The 49ers do a really good job of not putting out much ****. You can see some tells, but it's hard to get what they are thinking" 

Go back and listen to the sources on all these. Dan Patrick, who said that it was a done deal? His source is other teams

“Two teams who need quarterbacks both said they believe Mac Jones to the Niners is a done deal,” Patrick said 

Matt Maiocco has said that he's talking to scouts and they are giving their opinion on what the 9ers are doing and he's putting stock in what Chris Simms is saying. None of this stuff is actually rolling back to the 9ers. 

The fact that it's everywhere tells me it's people giving opinions / groupthink / nothing actually sourced within the organization. This would be drastically out of character for the front office through the first 4 years. So for now, I'm ignoring pretty much most of it (or calling BS / laughing at it). This kind of information leakage is not something this front office is known for and I think a lot of this is reactionary and it feels like people are already starting to come down from it to be honest (Robert Mays has pulled back the belief they are going Jones,  Matt Barrows and David Lombardi, Kyle Posey, etc)

Now, Mac could certainly still be the pick (though I doubt it). But I've been burned by the 49ers media buzz before, so I just don't put much stock in it outside of a fun talking about (will the 9ers acquire Gardner Minshew as this report suggests? Lets talk about it!). The one that's had the most accuracy is Peter King about a week before the draft in my experience (note that some of these things could absolutely be true and legit...I just have enough various reasons based on prior precedent, sources, etc, to discount the veracity of the claims being made)