2021 Mock Draft

Blue

On 4/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, Blue said:

I hate the Pats.

After Carolina, I don't see any teams ahead of the Pats that are definitely looking at quarterback. If the Broncos and Vikings aren't high on Fields, he could easily drop to 15 or lower. Hard to see QB5 coming off the board in the top 10, but in this class, I don't even know what to think about where or how many QBs are getting taken in the first round.

Probably, but so could Oakland with Clelin Ferrell a couple years ago and they still took him at 4. If a team likes a guy enough, they'll take him where they're at instead of hoping he falls to them if they trade back. I do think Atlanta ultimately trades out of that spot, though.

They're not drafting Parsons to be the third linebacker, they're drafting him to replace Barr, who is in a contract year coming off a major injury at soon-to-be 30 years old. Maybe they wait until next year to get that replacement. I'm pretty high on Parsons and think Zimmer would love to have him, all else being equal.

I'm not an Oweh fan either, though to be fair Maybin was grossly undersized for his NFL role.

Nearly every report is treating Mac Jones to San Francisco as a done deal. Maybe they're pulling everybody's legs and they aren't crazy, but I'm gonna take the bait and assume that's who they're taking until they prove me wrong.

Seen a lot of love for Radunz, I don't think he's a first-round talent either.

As a Packers fan, please, continue to lie to yourself about your backfield talent.

You go ahead and believe the talking heads.  Ill go ahead and believe the insiders

On 4/2/2021 at 9:10 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Im more than ok with trading with the broncos at 9 thats a really good spot for us as well seeing as Surtain and Parsons who 2 of my top targets will be there probably and heck we might even luck into a Pitts slipping as well there depending on what other teams need.   9 to me is probably my favorite spot in this draft based on what Falcons early needs really are.  It keeps us high enough for a truly top tier talent while still giving us good ammo in the early rounds of the draft added on.

Im starting to believe Pitts is our target as well if we can't get a really good trade down offer.  I still believe trade down is out 1st option we want base don the ton of needs we have and how many pundits and insiders are saying we are actively shopping it.  But if no one offers anything worth our time i think Pitts being BPA and talent level would lead us to select him.

The only way you don't take Pitts is if Lance is available as I believe he is your target as well. Why else would the 49ers trade ahead of Atlanta. Because they felt Lance wouldn't make it past you guys, so they jumped you. You seem to be in the don't draft a qb camp anyway, but the 49ers jumped Atlanta because they feared they'd pick their guy. 

20 hours ago, Blue said:

Adam Gotsis, Aaron Lynch, Josh Mauro, Roy Robertson-Harris, Jihad Ward, Malcom Brown, Taven Bryan, Doug Costin, Carl Davis, Daniel Ekuale, DaVon Hamilton, Abry Jones, Caraun Reid, Daniel Ross, Al Woods.

Bolded are the ones on the roster. 

Espn isn't reliable in terms of off-season roster.  

We also have Duwane smoot who we resigned but I consider him more of an edge who plays inside on passing situations. 

Ward was announced as a DL/OLB(I don't get why u play a 290 pound guy as a 3-4 olb)

Barmore has a skill that the other guys on the DL don't have much of besides robertson-harris. He brings an interior pass rusher.

I can see us keeping 7 or 8 dl cuz they want depth.   Bryan and ekuale are replacement level guys.  Bryan was passed last year by Hamilton and costin.

No clue on who they are gonna line up with the guys they have but there's definitely room for a difference maker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

The only way you don't take Pitts is if Lance is available as I believe he is your target as well. Why else would the 49ers trade ahead of Atlanta. Because they felt Lance wouldn't make it past you guys, so they jumped you. You seem to be in the don't draft a qb camp anyway, but the 49ers jumped Atlanta because they feared they'd pick their guy. 

I wouldn't take Lance in the top 10 and damn sure wouldn't take Lance ahead of Pitts lol.  Theirs only 1 player in this draft i have as a better player than Pitts as far as talent goes and it's Lawrence and even thats close.  I might think Pitts is a better player at TE than Lawrence is at QB coming out but as said it's really close for me on those 2. As far as the don't draft a QB camp i was ok with it at 1st before we restructured Ryan's contract.  After that i am fully 1000% off the draft a QB boat and think it would be ignorant to do so.  We can't move on from Ryan for another 3 years now with us pushing his money so far down the road with this restructure without it hurting us as we are already in bad shape with the cap.   Taking a QB at 4 and having him sit behind Ryan for 3 years is a complete waste of pick to me because you only get to see him play in the league for 1 year before you then have to give him a massive contract which is one of the main reasons you draft a younger QB is so you can have him longer for cheaper and build the team around him over the 1st 4 to 5 years which provides you with one of your better chances to get to the SB bc you can get so much talent around the talented QB without hampering yourself with that massive contract.     Then even worse you take a chance of him leaving you after that 1 year unless you franchise him and piss him off because you didn't play him to begin with and are wasting alot of his early years. 

To me you only take a QB in 2 spots early in the draft  1. you have your starting QB retire or he just plain sucks and you are moving on from him that offseason so you have to take a QB early.   or 2. You know for a fact it's his last year and you are moving on from him next year so you can start your rookie the very next year with him sitting on the bench for 1 year.     Ryan with the restructure is doing neither of those things and it means Fontenot and Smith chose Ryan for the next few years for them to best succeed.  If they didn't believe in him which they should have since Ryan is a top 5 to 7 QB in a good system all day long.  Then they never should have touched his contract so they could have moved on from him next year. 

If they legit take a QB in the top 5 this year while still keeping Ryan for 3 more years then Fontenot imo will have made a huge mistake and was not the right guy for the job. Because the other alternative is we actually do can Ryan after this season while he is still playing well to start the rookie after 1 year and just eat 40+ million in cap space screwing our cap over again next year not allowing us to put pieces around the new QB once again making a terrible decision.    So no i wasn't fully against a QB in this draft a few weeks ago i was actually saying good things about certain drafts taking Wilson or Fields at 4.  But that all changed when Fontenot and Smith made their decision with Ryan going forward.  Lance i never have and never will be on board with in the top 5 and Mac is very possibly the guy Shanny came up ahead of us to get and the reason he went to 3 to do so is because he knew other teams were looking to trade up with us as well so he needed to get ahead of them too at 4 he went up as high as he could so other teams couldn't trade up ahead of him to get the guy he wanted.

Also the only way i don't take Pitts there is if someone offers a good trade down chance and i take that 100 times out of 100 over taking Pitts and not even think twice about it that should be our #1 choice and option in this draft every single time with as many positions we need filled with really good talent and TE not even being one of those positions.  The only reason Pitts is an option is because he is a generational upside guy but the position he plays is not even really on our radar so your just taking him as a BPA there at that point.

Edited by FalconFan13

3 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

You seem to be the same guy who keeps giving the Falcons an inside linebacker in every mock in the top 3 rounds when they have zero need for one. I think it's safe to say we understand the team better than you do. That being said, If the Falcons go QB, it's either Lance or Fields. If they choose to not go QB, it's for Pitts. That's it. That's their board right now.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Blue said:

6. Miami Dolphins - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

Gesicki hasn't done enough through three years to make Miami commit to him over an elite athlete like Pitts.

Gesicki was 6th in receiving yards for TEs last year and is just as athletic as Pitts. Miami would be drafting Pitts as an eventual replacement because he's the BPA and to avoid paying Gesicki in free agency next year.

2 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Gesicki was 6th in receiving yards for TEs last year and is just as athletic as Pitts. Miami would be drafting Pitts as an eventual replacement because he's the BPA and to avoid paying Gesicki in free agency next year.

Ahahahahahaha

If you're going to go purely off athletic testing numbers, gesicki is in that wheelhouse, and he did his at the combine. 

I think people forget how much he crushed it. Doesn't mean he's as athletic in practical application, but the statement isn't crazy from a numbers perspective 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:12 PM, Blue said:

My friend watches every week. I trust him a helluva lot more than PFF, which I know for a fact gets stats wrong on nationally televised games. As for the Pro Bowl, it is well-known as a fan-influenced popularity contest that frankly, I don't put a ton of stock into, especially when guys can get credit for "Pro Bowl" seasons when they only get in because of other players dropping out (most commonly among the quarterbacks).

I wouldn't blame JAX for taking Barmore, I think that would be a great pick for them, but I shied away from it because of all the free agency resources they poured into the position this offseason. I currently count 15 guys who could play interior DL for them right now. I know not all of them are making the team, but it's a lot easier to see an inside backer making the roster and contributing early than interior DL.

Your friend seems lost. Myles Jack was an absolute stud last year. Jack struggled when he played MLB after Poz retired. Last year he moved to weak side and thrived. 

Seriously man, Myles Jack played at an All Pro level last year lol.

2 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Your friend seems lost. Myles Jack was an absolute stud last year. Jack struggled when he played MLB after Poz retired. Last year he moved to weak side and thrived. 

Makes u wonder if his friend believes in santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy ect.....

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Parsons wouldn't really have a role on the team.

Fields is there so I'd trade back and get more ammo for us to trade up into the 2nd (as well as draft a useful 1st round pick).

I understand the appeal of Parsons because Barr's days are likely numbered given his recent contract renegotiation. Fields is the pick, in my opinion, if he's available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chops013 said:

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Makes u wonder if his friend believes in santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy ect.....

Hm, I wonder who has a more accurate opinion of their team's players, the guys hyping up a guy on a 1-15 team or the guy who's not.

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hm, I wonder who has a more accurate opinion of their team's players, the guys hyping up a guy on a 1-15 team or the guy who's not.

I don’t know what to tell you other than you got this one wrong. I am used to seeing a lot of bad takes regarding the Jags but the Jack comment in this mock might be the worst one that I’ve seen this year.

If you polled a group of Jags fans on who the best player on the team is, I’m willing to bet the answer is either going to be Myles Jack or James Robinson.

All I can think of is your friend hasn’t watched the Jags since 2019 when Myles struggled with playing MLB. Once we signed Schobert and moved Jack to weak side, he absolutely shined.

23 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I don’t know what to tell you other than you got this one wrong.

I'm not but okay. Your team was 1-15, I have no doubt you would vote Myles Jack as your best player because your team sucked.

Edited by Blue