Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

58 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Not swinging at balls outside the zone isn't a change of approach. Either he is drastically improved his eye, which is incredibly rare, or he's just on a good streak. You can improve a bit, and are in fact expected to, but not to the degree he is. A change of approach is more about contact vs power, field usage, etc. He hasn't really changed that and if anything is pulling the ball more which usually results in more power but less hitting.

Even if you include 2020 that is basically half a season combined with 2021 where Acuna still hasn't performed as well as Trout. You are still relying a too small sample size where Acuna still hasn't been better than Trout to say it's an argument.

Not a single person has claimed Trout will finish with these numbers. He obviously won't, but nice strawman. But to assume that Acuna will keep up a 12 WAR pace when he's never had a season even at half that is ludicrous

Your arguing semantics in regards, there’s no need to go further there.

there’s no “even if you include 2020”, I mean why wouldn’t you. It’s why I said multiple times it’s based off more than a month. They were just about the same at the plate, trout was the slightest bit better. Maybe. Acuna was better on the bags and better defensively by a significant margin.

we don’t need to rehash what restarted this debated, but @Mesa_Titanposted the first month as some kind of proof and you liked it. As I said at the time, it was lazy and maybe ignorant, but the latter wouldn’t apply to you as we both know you’re familiar with the advanced stats. Being lucky does not mean being good. Undeniably trout has gotten lucky, while there’s not that much luck in Acunas #s. The argument against him is there’s no way he’s improved so much and he’s just hot, which is probably true. If this was an example of player a and player b, using guys with middling production, I feel pretty safe betting that most people would take acunas profile over trouts. I wonder why that’s not the case here.

18 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

If this was an example of player a and player b, using guys with middling production, I feel pretty safe betting that most people would take acunas profile over trouts. I wonder why that’s not the case here.

Because we have years of data to look at, not just 2 seasons combining to equal half a season

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Because we have years of data to look at, not just 2 seasons combining to equal half a season

And this may be our biggest sticking point. Trout being the best in baseball 5 years ago or 7 years ago has no real relevance to who the best is today. 

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Can NOT believe our frickin catcher ruined John Means’ perfect game 

Oh well, still a no hitter, LFG

Can't wait for Adley.  Getting really tired of Pedro being lazy defensively, and Sisco being terrible at everything except getting hit by pitches.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Only one I remember, I was 3 the last time it happened.  

In any event, I think Means might be just the third TORP that we've developed in the last 30 years. 

And he's likely going to be dealt before we become good again.

I'm not thrilled about that...

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

And he's likely going to be dealt before we become good again.

I'm not thrilled about that...

He's going to be 29 next year.  I'm honestly not sure if he fits the window to compete.  Although, we could see Adley this summer, and make the landmark big FA signing this off-season and start the process in 2022.  Just not sure how this plays out with the timeframe.  

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So I was going to post, but then I figured  why do that, it’s the internet.

so...I’d be happy to resume our debate, however to be snippy after posting something so clearly incorrect, well, it’s just not a great look.

My point still went 3 miles over your head tbhwy

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He's going to be 29 next year.  I'm honestly not sure if he fits the window to compete.  Although, we could see Adley this summer, and make the landmark big FA signing this off-season and start the process in 2022.  Just not sure how this plays out with the timeframe.  

I think 2023, maybe 2024 is realistic. His workload/wear I'd say is also less than a normal 29 year old is. 

I'm not against moving him for a haul, but it's still going to be a gut punch. Love the guy, and when you add in the fact how miserable we've been developing pitching...gah, just will be a sad day. 

Trashstros whining to the MLB about being "taunted" by fans at other ballparks, to the point where Yankees fans were forced to give up their clever signs.

They are the one thing that Yankees fans want to boo more than their own team!!

Edited by redsoxsuck05