Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Baseball's next evolution...

51+WZBp65oL._AC_.jpg

If you tell Manfred how much baseball could save on clothing and how much the body ESPN issue sells, there's a very real chance we could see naked pitching. God bless anybody pitching up north in a deep playoff run. Gets cold.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Rangers manager wanted dude checked for sticky substances

The manager being able to have a player checked willy-nilly is complete horse****.  I actually like what Kershaw had to say about that, in that if a manager asks for a check and nothing is found, they lose a replay.  

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, we just good, hombre. Woody, Burnes and Freddy are the real deals.

I could point to the drop in spin rates across the board of Woodruff and Burnes post-memo (and corresponding iffy results), but it's only been a couple games and the sample size is small.  Time will tell if this was just a fluke or if the couple hundred RPMs both guys found prior to breaking out at the big league level was artificial.

23 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I could point to the drop in spin rates across the board of Woodruff and Burnes post-memo (and corresponding iffy results), but it's only been a couple games and the sample size is small.  Time will tell if this was just a fluke or if the couple hundred RPMs both guys found prior to breaking out at the big league level was artificial.

(It was probably artificial)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Guess we'll see but I doubt there's going to be a crazy drop off in their performances. They won't be deGrom like gods but they also won't all of a sudden become liabilities or non-aces. The only thing that'll be different is the control. You'll see their BB rates increase due to the lack of control that sticky substances allow you but that's going to be a league-wide issue, not a Brewers specific issue.

Burnes still K'd 14 in 9.1 IP these last two starts. Woody gave up 5 ER in an inning in Coors but that's Coors for ya. Simply put, I'm not remotely worried about the Woodruff/Burnes/Peralta trio and I cannot wait until we add Ashby and Small to them.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:33 PM, beekay414 said:

Guess we'll see but I doubt there's going to be a crazy drop off in their performances. They won't be deGrom like gods but they also won't all of a sudden become liabilities or non-aces. The only thing that'll be different is the control. You'll see their BB rates increase due to the lack of control that sticky substances allow you but that's going to be a league-wide issue, not a Brewers specific issue.

Burnes still K'd 14 in 9.1 IP these last two starts. Woody gave up 5 ER in an inning in Coors but that's Coors for ya. Simply put, I'm not remotely worried about the Woodruff/Burnes/Peralta trio and I cannot wait until we add Ashby and Small to them.

Oh yeah.  I don't mean to suggest that they will be garbage.  I'm more just suggesting that I wouldn't be surprised to see them much closer to the difference we have seen in Cole and Bauer pre and post-substance.  Cole and Bauer were solid pitchers before, but they became ridiculous with the sticky stuff.  

17 hours ago, TLO said:

Ohtani currently has a 160 OPS+ and a 177 ERA+ lol

It pisses me off that 2 of the best talents baseball has seen will be wasted on an Angels team that gets no national attention.  Also, how the hell does an team in Anaheim not get any national attention?