Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

37 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Two HR's, a SB, game winning run on a hard single to short right.

Literally nothing he can't do.

He literally had to steal second base TWICE, because the first time it got taken away cause Rendon's back swing tapped the catcher in the helmet as he threw it. Still wouldn't have got him out, but it was the right call.

Those long strides eat up a ton of ground.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ohtani makes the Angels must watch TV. What he is doing is incredible 

Is what we are seeing more impressive than what Babe Ruth did?

Obviously comparing across eras is difficult. Not gonna poopoo on what Ruth was facing. He was going against the best that his era had to offer the same as Ohtani.

But, man this dude is ridiculous for doing what he's doing in the modern era.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Is what we are seeing more impressive than what Babe Ruth did?

Obviously comparing across eras is difficult. Not gonna poopoo on what Ruth was facing. He was going against the best that his era had to offer the same as Ohtani.

But, man this dude is ridiculous for doing what he's doing in the modern era.

I don’t think I could compare the two.

I never once in my life even with how great Mike Trout is and has been never have I been I’m gonna watch an Angels game. Ohtani has done that. He makes people want to watch the Angels. 

30 HRs at this point is crazy and he needs to finish the season strong but if he does it will be season to remember. Also if the Angels miss the playoffs I will be pissed. We deserve to see Trout in the playoffs and Ohtani 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's pretty god damn good. Cubs probably shoulda kept him for how little money it'd have cost.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:17 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man the cubs REALLY let a 27 year old 3WAR slugger go because he sucked in the COVID year lol?

On 6/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, beekay414 said:

The Ricketts are determined to turn them into the Pirates.

Yep.  Cubs didn't let him walk because of his bad fake 2020 season.  They let him walk because Papa Ricketts needs to save all the money he can to support his politician of choice in 2024.  I thank the Ricketts for doing what they did to make 2016 happen.  But they've been a disaster since then and need to do better.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Yep.  Cubs didn't let him walk because of his bad fake 2020 season.  They let him walk because Papa Ricketts needs to save all the money he can to support his politician of choice in 2024.  I thank the Ricketts for doing what they did to make 2016 happen.  But they've been a disaster since then and need to do better.

It's obscene how they took a team with a very good farm and a bunch of young talent that would all be up for contracts at different times allowing you to stagger the money and keep most if not all of them and just systematically dismantle the thing for pocket change.

$3M, they let him go for $3M. That's ridiculous, they make that much money in an hour.