Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Why are you guys intent on ruining Hiura? He clearly ain't right up there. Dude wanted no part of Megill's fastballs.

I'm on vacation, so I haven't been able to watch the games. Probably just a bad night for him. He'd been flashing since the call-up and looked a lot better. He's just always going to be K prone. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm on vacation, so I haven't been able to watch the games. Probably just a bad night for him. He'd been flashing since the call-up and looked a lot better. He's just always going to be K prone. 

Fair, I haven't tuned into any Brewers games but he was flailing at fastballs.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Fair, I haven't tuned into any Brewers games but he was flailing at fastballs.

Eh, probably just an off-night though Haines does a piss poor job of getting these guys prepared. Thankfully, the talent has been winning out lately.

Hiura, before tonight, has hit .270/.391/.541 since being called back up. So, my guess, is just an off-night.

smfh.... **** this dude.

Ohtani is probably the nicest dude in baseball or one of them if he's not.

Not only that, but this dude didn't even pitch good in the 9th and he's talking crap.

He walked the first batter. Got two singles hit off him to give up 1 of the two runs we needed to tie and then with runners on 1st and 2nd Cora made a good call applying the shift there on Ohtani who ripped it past 1st right to where the 2nd baseman was jus out there t in the outfield on a hard one hop.

It annoys me that we dropped this one though. Almost came back to tie it at 5-5 after going down 5-1 due to another shaky showing by a starting pitcher, but we almost overcame AGAIN. 

Angels are like 1st to 3rd in every hitting category in the AL since June without Trout and Upton the past 2 weeks plus now. We had our chances this game. Credit to Boston for making more plays, especially in the first half of the game pitching (starter) and fielding. Keke Hernandez robbed a homer (barely was gonna go over but still..) and they made a nice outfield assists to 2nd (Hernandez) and home (Santana) which was confirmed on replay on some slower base runners who tried to snag an extra base.

This is an offense that can go toe to toe with basically any team in the Majors, especially when healthy, but the pitching holds this team back so much lol.

I haven't been a true die hard Angels fans in a long long time. Kinda fell out of love with the game. I've always regretted missing watching Trout play more than I've seen him when I have watched or gone to the occasional game, but its not like those were great years. With what Ohtani has been doing this year it has subsequently suckered me into getting back into baseball and the Angels. 

Can't imagine how frustrated Angels fans that have been following Trout's whole career are over the incompetency of big contracts they've given out to bats and the complete lack of addressing pitching. Hopefully they can overcome it and get to the playoffs cause Ohtani deserves it for this historic season. Trout really deserves it for how great he's been consistently ever year. 

With that said, I really like the fight this team has shown lately. This is a huge stretch for them cause after the Red Sox they have 7 straight (4 before the All Star Game and 3 right after) against Seattle who is 3rd in the wild card race and then a couple against the A's who have the 2nd WC spot currently. The schedule softens up I think after that, so what we do in these next week before and after the ASG will go a long way to showing us if the Angels have a chance to catch up and get in the thick of the WC race. 

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, probably just an off-night though Haines does a piss poor job of getting these guys prepared. Thankfully, the talent has been winning out lately.

Hiura, before tonight, has hit .270/.391/.541 since being called back up. So, my guess, is just an off-night.

He's still really broken, unfortunately.  He had a great couple games right after getting brought back up, but his past 7 have been the same thing we have seen prior to that.  Tons of Ks.  No hard contact.  Not enough walks to counter either of those.  I said it in the Brewers thread, but it's crazy how that org can take mid-round pitchers and make them good big leaguers, but they break an elite collegiate hitter like Hiura.

14 hours ago, mse326 said:

none. Dont' trust a single year rebound.

I mean, it's not really a question if it happens at this point, as it's almost a lock. You can argue that he's been the best RP in the game this year, after seeing his stuff get back to where it was a few years ago.  He's also not been affected by the sticky stuff ban, which I imagine would be something the FOs are looking at closely.  I was merely wondering who is going to be the team to do it, and when.  

But I completely agree if we are talking about extending him based on this year.