1 More Mock lol

rickyt31

Hey, I had to do 1 more. I came across a little extra free time. Mental health wise, I've been seeing a therapist and making process. I got promoted to the highest paying position I've ever had. It stressed me out, but it's getting better. Just a small update for those who remember why I stopped spending time on things like mocks.

I used a combination of mocks to see where guys would likely fall (besides one player). I definitely didn't mean to double dip from teams like I did. lol I was just looking at the BPA's out of our needs. 

Jim Mora Jr. Expects the 49ers Will Draft Zach Wilson - Sports Illustrated  San Francisco 49ers News, Analysis and More1. Zach Wilson - QB / 6'3 210lbs

I really don't have to explain this. It seems like it's a done deal already. 

Caleb Farley1. Caleb Farley - CB / 6'2 207lbs 

This is the surprise fall. Because he injured his back and needed surgery while not playing at all this season, I believe he'll fall in the draft, especially with how good Horn, Surtain, and Newsome look right now. He falls and the Jets have no choice but to take him here. He fits the scheme and is a big outside CB. 

******Jets trade 2nd -> <- Raiders 2nd(45) + 3rd(80)*******

Scarlet Sunrise: Wyatt Davis highly underrated in updated NFL mock drafts2. Wyatt Davis - LG / 6'4 315lbs

I wasn't sure where he was expecting to land, but I've seen a few mocks having Davis fall here. Him and Becton on the left protecting Wilson for years. 

Ben Cleveland - 2020 - Football - University of Georgia Athletics3. Ben Cleveland - RG / 6'6 335lbs

I've been talking about this man for 2 years now. Ran a great 40 to prove he's fast enough to reach the next level in this scheme. I think someone will jump on him sooner. If that happens, then we'll probably draft Brooks later for the RG position. This class is incredible. 

Virginia Tech vs. UNC football: Tar Heels get past Hokies | Raleigh News &  Observer3. Michael Carter - RB / 5'8 200lbs

If he was 6'0, I think more people would talk about him. He can hit one cut and go. He's also dangerous in route running. His numbers would be incredible if he didn't have to share with my favorite RB in the draft. He's almost like Kamara. 

UNC Football: Dyami Brown one of 10 'dynamic playmakers' in 20203. Dyami Brown - WR / 6'0 195lbs

Another UNC guy here. Back-to-back 1kyd seasons in a offense that was built on running the ball. Great deep threat and can become the guy who eventually takes over the slot spot. I honestly think he can be more than a slot WR. I've been pretty anti drafting a WR in the top-3 rounds, but he's worth it. 

Divine Deablo - Football - Virginia Tech Athletics4. Divine Deablo - SS / 6'3 226lbs

Big SS with range, but also could be a LB in our scheme. We were interested in Kneal, so I think we end up drafting someone like him at some point. Starts with special teams but earns his spot in the rotation eventually. 

Penn State-Iowa X-factors: A look at some of the key players who could  decide Saturday night's game in Iowa City - pennlive.com

5. Shaka Toney - DE/OLB / 6'3 238lbs

I was a little shocked to see him land here in most mocks. Although he seems to be a better for 3-4, I think we would take a shot at him to develop him into a OLB or DE. Undersized, but has the frame and potential to go either direction. 

Tre' McKitty - 2020 - Football - University of Georgia Athletics5. Tre McKitty- TE / 6'5 245lbs

An athletic TE a lot of people are interested in. He flashed at FSU, but didn't get much of an opportunity at UGA. He becomes the sleeper who can challenge Herndon after making some great plays late in the season. 

Michigan's top 25 most important players — No. 22 Ben Mason6. Ben Mason - FB / 6'3 250lbs 

He becomes our Kyle Juszcyk. 

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 3

Nice. I’d be cool with this.

My hope is we fix the OL, running game and start to add playmakers to the defense. This draft does that. 

Im not big on adding a WR early. I’m fine with drafting Crowder’s replacement in the third. But, ultimately what we need is a true number 1. I like our guys but we have good number 2’s (Mims and Davis could prove to be better though). And WR are hit or miss in the draft. My hope is someone becomes available via trade and we pounce. Take the Bills approach. It’s less risky. More costly but that’s my preferred route.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I didn't like the idea of having two OG's but that's just how I saw the board playing out. I could definitely see a C + OG combination instead. I wanted to draft a TE early, but I couldn't justify picking one from this class over Cleveland or Watkins. We currently don't have any starters at the OG position we can trust, so I do see a good chance to double up instead of risking Wilson's life back there. 

20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson is the only good pick, everything else is trash. 

I kind of agree with this.  Im not a fan of Davis after looking closer at him and as talent as Farley is dude just is way too much a risk.  I hope some grabs him before 23.

Edited by Rockice_8

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Oh wow. 

Davis is overated IMO he wasn't as good as I had originally thought.  Farley is really good but I don't think we are the team that should be taking that risk.  The rest is decent with Carter and Cleveland but don't love 23 and Davis.  Dont know enough about the late picks to comment.

I actually would draft Cleveland over Davis.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Davis is overated IMO he wasn't as good as I had originally thought.  Farley is really good but I don't think we are the team that should be taking that risk.  The rest is decent with Carter and Cleveland but don't love 23 and Davis.  Dont know enough about the late picks to comment.

I actually would draft Cleveland over Davis.

I, too, think Davis is overrated. I believe he has reached his peak. He will be a serviceable OG, but there should be plenty of better options when we pick. As for Farley, it is a herniated disk. His back procedure will correct that and he will be ready in time for camp. There is certainly a bit of a risk because it is the back, but it is not like it is a degenerative nerve or something. Didn’t Matt Stafford actually finish a game with a broken back (whatever that means)?  I believe picking him at 23 is not that big of a gamble for the best CB (arguably) in the draft.

Edited by xrade

59 minutes ago, xrade said:

I, too, think Davis is overrated. I believe he has reached his peak. He will be a serviceable OG, but there should be plenty of better options when we pick. As for Farley, it is a herniated disk. His back procedure will correct that and he will be ready in time for camp. There is certainly a bit of a risk because it is the back, but it is not like it is a degenerative nerve or something. Didn’t Matt Stafford actually finish a game with a broken back (whatever that means)?  I believe picking him at 23 is not that big of a gamble for the best CB (arguably) in the draft.

Davis' run blocking is good but his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired.

It's his 2nd back surgery so it is concerning even though it's a fairly standard procedure.  It's high risk high reward.  Not sure we're the team for that.

Edited by Rockice_8