1 More Mock lol

rickyt31

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I should have made Fields the pick just to make you all mad. 

I honestly like them both. I favor Wilson because his trigger and ability to process quick are what sets him apart for me but Fields athleticism, character and toughness are off the charts. I think Fields will be very good. I think Wilson may have the highest ceiling in this draft, but he def has one of the lower floors too, especially with our roster and track record. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I honestly like them both. I favor Wilson because his trigger and ability to process quick are what sets him apart for me but Fields athleticism, character and toughness are off the charts. I think Fields will be very good. I think Wilson may have the highest ceiling in this draft, but he def has one of the lower floors too, especially with our roster and track record. 

Although I'm a Fields fan, I don't blame anyone who feels like Wilson has the highest ceiling. When I post, I try not to knock Wilson as if he's going to be a bust. He's a great prospect. 

For me, Fields has displayed better decision making in general and his passes often catch WR's in stride, you really don't see WRs having to slow down or get in awkward positions to catch the passes thrown. A lot of people got on Fields for the Alabama game, but I actually liked what I saw from him because he had to make the best of a lot of plays. Ohio State WRs are good, but not good enough to beat Surtain & Jobe. On top of that, Ohio State's defense gave up 35 at half. So that put him in the position where he had to throw to catch up. Serman got hurt and was gone. Teague really couldn't get it going, so Fields had to run when WRs weren't open. I was honestly impressed with his decisions. 

Even with some of his off passes, they weren't bad reads. He just missed them on a couple of plays. I can live with that because every QB in this draft had those same moments against less competition. People are often worried about the Ohio State's QB history, but they forget a few things. Fields was the #1 QB in the nation coming out of HS, Looked great in his snaps at UGA and didn't start only because he was playing behind a QB that was winning. Both Fromm & Eason was there when he committed. He's not scared to compete. UGA didn't have a reason to bench him. If he would have went to a team like OSU sooner, he would have been as experienced as a starter as Lawrence. He faced more pressure than the other options and still performed. I just loved what I saw from him the last two seasons. 

I know a lot will disagree with me and that's cool. I will still be happy either direction. I feel like the plays Fields made when his #1 target wasn't there or when the oline broke down will help him while we continue to build our team over the next few years. 

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Why not?🙃

lol Someone literally got mad at me for saying JD is possibly still doing his homework on the QBs a month before the draft. I knew it could cause a few people to go off and I'm only willing to debate a select few on here. I can actually do a post with videos breaking down why Fields is just as good as anyone in this class. It's really not worth it. 

Not bad at all Rick, I would like a running back a little earlier in the draft. I like the idea of help on the interior of the O line. But all in all a good job. I often wonder what you movie people do when there is down time on a movie set, now i know who helped you with this mock draft Lacey Chabert or Danica Mckellar ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Although I'm a Fields fan, I don't blame anyone who feels like Wilson has the highest ceiling. When I post, I try not to knock Wilson as if he's going to be a bust. He's a great prospect. 

I hate you and your ugly. Feel better now?  Seriously, most of us would be fine with Fields. I like Wilson a little more, but if JD picks Fields it would be for a reason. Thus I will be happy.

One thing I don’t understand is Fields’ fall in media world after the season. He was like neck and neck with Wilson, maybe even ahead, and now he falls out of top 10. Do they have videos of him abusing kittens or something?  What gives. SF will be making a huge mistake if the don’t select him at 3.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xrade said:

I hate you and your ugly. Feel better now?  Seriously, most of us would be fine with Fields. I like Wilson a little more, but if JD picks Fields it would be for a reason. Thus I will be happy.

One thing I don’t understand is Fields’ fall in media world after the season. He was like neck and neck with Wilson, maybe even ahead, and now he falls out of top 10. Do they have videos of him abusing kittens or something?  What gives. SF will be making a huge mistake if the don’t select him at 3.

Lol I just busted out laughing in Walmart 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Not bad at all Rick, I would like a running back a little earlier in the draft. I like the idea of help on the interior of the O line. But all in all a good job. I often wonder what you movie people do when there is down time on a movie set, now i know who helped you with this mock draft Lacey Chabert or Danica Mckellar ?

Lacey if I had to pick out of the two 😂😂

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

I agree Fields is going to be a good NFL QB. I am not caught up in this Wilson HTPE.

For all the crap I gave you about the Fields comments you made, I actually love this mock.

Farley is one of my favorite players in this draft. I love both UNC kids too, and Davis is someone I can see us taking too. This is pretty realistic. I just hope JD isn't hellbent on o-line if a guy as talented as Farley slips, because outside of Slater and Sewell there's no lineman I'd rather have than Farley at 23. We can't ignore the fact that we have a gaping hole at CB and Farley might've been the first defensive player drafted before he had surgery.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jetjuice said:

For all the crap I gave you about the Fields comments you made, I actually love this mock.

Farley is one of my favorite players in this draft. I love both UNC kids too, and Davis is someone I can see us taking too. This is pretty realistic. I just hope JD isn't hellbent on o-line if a guy as talented as Farley slips, because outside of Slater and Sewell there's no lineman I'd rather have than Farley at 23. We can't ignore the fact that we have a gaping hole at CB and Farley might've been the first defensive player drafted before he had surgery.

Thanks. 

I agree about the CB position especially with the direction our division & conference is heading in. I really feel like Saleh's scheme is perfect for Farley. Miami is loaded with picks and have Williams, Parker, and Fuller at WR. Buffalo could draft a good RB and add to their offense. The Pats won 7 games with a bad team, they will likely find their QB in this draft. We can't ignore the defense. 

• Like 1