New Rule Change: Loosening Number Restrictions

Kiltman

Loosening Number Restrictions..  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Into this?

• Yes, mix things up.
    • Yes, but think the new groups should be a little different.
    • Meh, college already does it for the most part.
    • No, hate it. Think of the history!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Can’t wait I see all these players change from numbers we’ve associated with them their entire professional career

No one really struggles figuring it out when they change going from college to NFL because of the old rule.

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Expect alot of bad down field penalty calls from refs used to looking at certain numbers downfield. There is no reason for this rule change. 

This is why 50 - 79 are still exclusively for linemen on the offensive side of the ball. This will not be an issue at all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is why 50 - 79 are still exclusively for linemen on the offensive side of the ball. This will not be an issue at all.

Exactly. Eligible numbers didn't change at all, so it's a moot issue/point on ineligible WR downfield (which, by the way, happens on every single RPO ever and should be illegal, but I digress). The only real situation it could be an issue on is if a RUSH/EDGE guy goes with a single digit number for things like DPI or illegal contact in the box against a TE/RB, but I don't see this as an issue.