2021 National Championship: (1) Gonzaga vs (1) Baylor

NYRaider

I picked the Zags to beat Baylor when I did my brackets but I felt like that OT dog fight win for the Zags mentally, emotionally, and physically did them in coming into this game against Baylor and that’s on top of Baylor being a great team in themselves. I’m not shocked by what I’m seeing now. Just shows you how tough it is to go unbeaten in a college basketball season. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Happens often with the Zags? i watched them a lot and didnt see it much. You might be right,but I cant recall seeing them doing it a lot. 

hasn't needed to given their talent level differential throughout the year but it's the first half. i don't think anyone is desperate yet is my point. it's helped em. good move by few 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Happens often with the Zags? i watched them a lot and didnt see it much. You might be right,but I cant recall seeing them doing it a lot. 

Changing defense is not uncommon to get a team out of offensive rhythm.  Whether it is desperation or smart decision is debatable 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Gonzaga keep going to the rim and that's gonna keep em within distance

Yup.  Baylor 7 for 11 from 3.  That goes cold and Gonzaga keeps attacking the rim and getting fouls and free throws, game could be close