Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Loki moves to Wednesdays.

I wonder why they are making this move. Maybe with everything releasing new episodes on Fridays now that they have a decent amount of originals its costing streams so they need to space it out? 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I wonder why they are making this move. Maybe with everything releasing new episodes on Fridays now that they have a decent amount of originals its costing streams so they need to space it out? 

That plus summer movie season will start up. Including Widow on July 9th.

I wished Disney+ would make a permanent change to like 9 PM est on Wednesday or Thursday. It’s really annoying having to dodge spoilers on Friday or stay up til 3.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That plus summer movie season will start up. Including Widow on July 9th.

I wished Disney+ would make a permanent change to like 9 PM est on Wednesday or Thursday. It’s really annoying having to dodge spoilers on Friday or stay up til 3.

It will never happen. They do it that way to prevent server overloads with everyone crashing the app to watch it at once. If they released it in a primetime slot it would likely kill the server your streaming from. 

I'm going to try to avoid the new trailer, because i'm already all about this series.  Not as excited as I was for WandaVision, but more excited than I was for Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  I don't mind the Wednesday premeir, and agree it is totally about dodging summer movies being released on Fridays.  If I were Disney, I would have made the Loki finale 90+ minutes and simultaneously released it in Theaters and on Disney+.  My family would absolutely go see that in theaters.

56 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If I were Disney, I would have made the Loki finale 90+ minutes and simultaneously released it in Theaters and on Disney+.  My family would absolutely go see that in theaters.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this becomes the norm eventually. I think a 1-2 week theatrical release would be good for theaters, Disney, and others. You better believe that I would have gone to see the entire season 8 of Game of Thrones (before I was let down), WandaVision (if episodes were longer or maybe pay once and whole season is included), maybe Mr. Robot finale, and some others in theater. The majority of the time it wouldn't be worth it to me. But there are definitely TV events where it could work.

• 1 month later...

With a timeline-hopping plot and an alt-universe Loki at its heart, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Loki will be a largely standalone adventure away from the main events of the MCU. Not so, according to head honcho Kevin Feige. “It’s tremendously important. It perhaps will have more impact on the MCU than any of the shows thus far,” he tells Empire in the new issue. “What everybody thought about WandaVision, and was sort of true, and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, which was sort of true, is even more sort of true for Loki.”

Source

Not 100% sure what he's alluding too about "sort of true". But I'm excited regardless. Loki should be more fun than F/WS.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Surprising little hype in here for this

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's coming out at an odd time. It's summer, things are opening/opened back up, and it's premiering mid-week. I think the hype train will build once an episode or two is out.

I agree, once it releases it should be fun and lots of theory talk like Wandavision as opposed to Falcon WS

Damn thats some crisp exposition there.

I can see why they are saying this is the most impactful show to the greater MCU yet. Setting up the multiverse, the upcoming events that lead to the Strange sequel, beginnings of what could become Secret Wars, Kang….

Love the retro aesthetic. Reminds me of the best of like fallout, Remedy’s game Control, and other stuff. I’m a sucker for stuff like that Miss Minutes cartoon.

Easy to see where this story will go with some of the influences. This Loki leading to the end of the TVA in some form. I mean the implications are they routinely kill off trillions of people all the time as they trim a branching reality. So they kinda have it coming.

Smart way to get him caught up with what happens in the other movies he personally didn’t experience and use it for a main part of progressing the plot.

• Like 2