Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder how wild they'll get with the multiverse thing. We're getting other spidermen/villains from other franchises, but will we also see Fox studios X-men, Wesley snipes Blade, Ben affleck daredevil etc.. pop up in small roles.They could start a whole new ironman film or trilogy that follows a different tony stark variant. I hope they get weird with it. Looking forward to "what if?"

Goodness, no thanks.

I really enjoyed the show. I'm glad it set up so much to happen. I guess that's why the Eternals finally come out of hiding?

Spoiler

I so wished they hadn’t announced Jonathan Majors is Kang. The reveal of the door opening and Majors popping up would’ve felt even more amazing. And gradually finding out he’s/he’ll be Kang the Conqueror would’ve been *chief’s kiss”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I so wished they hadn’t announced Jonathan Majors is Kang. The reveal of the door opening and Majors popping up would’ve felt even more amazing. And gradually finding out he’s/he’ll be Kang the Conqueror would’ve been *chief’s kiss”

I’m with you. Would have been like Luke showing up in The Mandalorian. 

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

I’m with you. Would have been like Luke showing up in The Mandalorian. 

Oh no, that wouldn’t have been close at all. The closest Marvel could do would be to have Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but that still be a tier below.

Unfortunately some things like major castings are too hard to keep sometimes 

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

Well I was wrong. Can’t believe they used Jonathan Masters for the full episodes. So pumped for the Conqueror  

Spoiler

You were sorta right, because that wasn't the same Kang we're going to see down the line.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, August4th said:

I wonder how wild they'll get with the multiverse thing. We're getting other spidermen/villains from other franchises, but will we also see Fox studios X-men, Wesley snipes Blade, Ben affleck daredevil etc.. pop up in small roles.They could start a whole new ironman film or trilogy that follows a different tony stark variant. I hope they get weird with it. Looking forward to "what if?"

Yeah that's the biggest thing here, is it allows them to sort of continuously soft-reboot the franchise as they go.  Thor ages out?  Bring in a new one.  Need Iron Man for a particular plot?  Bring in a new one for one movie, or for a single scene. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

SPOILERS

Loki went back into another branch, one where Kang has already seized power.  This just set up the entire next phase, maybe even the next 2-3 phases.  While the MCU still exists, "the sacred timeline", we now have an infinite number of threats from an infinite number of realities, seemingly with Kang as the most dangerous one in almost all of the timelines.  As I took it, the Kang that won the multiversal war, was by and large a benevolent one.  What emerges now likely won't be so personable.

I'm legit shocked that there will be a season 2, as most of the shows with big stars in it seemed like they were set up to be one offs.  That said, that ending would have been so unsatisfactory if we didn't know how Loki's journey continued after it, but with season 2 coming, the cliffhanger ending works.

I like the twist the Loki was essentially right and was well intentioned in his decision, and that it was Sylvie who essentially caused all the chaos.

I can't help but harken back to Doctor Strange, when the Ancient One talked about never seeing past that moment, and then Kang talking about passing the threshold and not knowing what happens after it.  Strongly got a lot of the same vibes there.

Additional spoiler discussion / thoughts

- I really appreciated when Kang realized he crossed a threshold that he'd never been past before, and was curious to see what it would bring

- Don't think he was lying when he was talking to the Lokis, and I would believe someone who has been around as long as he had being willing to embrace death

- Especially since he decided those two were the ones who should take over, and whatever choice they make is what 'should' be done

- Also really appreciate that Sylvie's whole mindset is free will... so her first decision for free will is to cause the chaos that will ensue

- This is my theory, but when Loki processed what happened and got up to find Mobius, the look in his eyes seemed, to me at least, to show that he realized he needs to stop Sylvie by killing her to prevent this from unfolding. Just top notch acting by Tom.

Can't wait for season 2, and how the MCU will proceed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Yeah that's the biggest thing here, is it allows them to sort of continuously soft-reboot the franchise as they go.  Thor ages out?  Bring in a new one.  Need Iron Man for a particular plot?  Bring in a new one for one movie, or for a single scene. 

I wonder if they’ll leave it open or if they’ll play with it for a couple phases and then do a new Secret Wars-esque merging of it all.

Theoretically we can get to the point of this version of Kang “coming back” as he tries to cull the branches/multiverse again into one timeline. With a more traditional uses of Kang along the way. (Quantumania, Young Avengers stuff, and other stuff) like it’d be really fun to see Majors just play all these various things, with a couple other actors playing variants too.

• Like 1

This show was remarkable. It was the least I was excited for, yet ended up being miles better than the other two for me. I was so afraid they were going to have another version of Loki sitting on the throne in the final episode. That would have been so typical/television budget BS. Turns out the initial trailer footage of him being in some golden armor was all a misdirect. Marvel is getting better with the bait and switch in just trailers alone. But Disney actually pulled the trigger and got Majors to appear as Immortus/Kang/Nathaniel Richards. I'm so excited to get one of the best Avengers villains period off the comic book page, and on screen. The time maestro is going to wreck havoc on the MCU, and he's going to definitely be in the public consciousness more like Thanos was after it's all said and done. A++ experience with this series. Even episode 3 won't be a drag on rewatch. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I think this is how Black Panther potentially gets replaced. They have an out now with the multiverse plot device. Maybe Michael B. Jordan from a universe where he wasn't a jerk comes to "our" universe to take over. 

Two more questions on my mind: 

Sylvie's original plan with the different branching timelines. Was that going to set up What If? Or did the fallout with killing Immortus/Kang/Nathaniel Richards set that up? Would be an easy connection to make. 

Where did Renslayer go??? "To find free will".