Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

Lotta talking in this finale. Having zero knowledge of the big bad reveal's character, was he true to form? Guess you couldn't go with the same type of menacing threat that Thanos was.

Spoiler

Can someone explain to me what happened there at the end with Loki running into Mobius? 

22 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Lotta talking in this finale. Having zero knowledge of the big bad reveal's character, was he true to form? Guess you couldn't go with the same type of menacing threat that Thanos was.

Hide contents

Can someone explain to me what happened there at the end with Loki running into Mobius? 

SPOILERS

Loki went back into another branch, one where Kang has already seized power.  This just set up the entire next phase, maybe even the next 2-3 phases.  While the MCU still exists, "the sacred timeline", we now have an infinite number of threats from an infinite number of realities, seemingly with Kang as the most dangerous one in almost all of the timelines.  As I took it, the Kang that won the multiversal war, was by and large a benevolent one.  What emerges now likely won't be so personable.

I'm legit shocked that there will be a season 2, as most of the shows with big stars in it seemed like they were set up to be one offs.  That said, that ending would have been so unsatisfactory if we didn't know how Loki's journey continued after it, but with season 2 coming, the cliffhanger ending works.

I like the twist the Loki was essentially right and was well intentioned in his decision, and that it was Sylvie who essentially caused all the chaos.

I can't help but harken back to Doctor Strange, when the Ancient One talked about never seeing past that moment, and then Kang talking about passing the threshold and not knowing what happens after it.  Strongly got a lot of the same vibes there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm legit shocked that there will be a season 2, as most of the shows with big stars in it seemed like they were set up to be one offs.  That said, that ending would have been so unsatisfactory if we didn't know how Loki's journey continued after it, but with season 2 coming, the cliffhanger ending works.

Ah i hadn't heard that.  Yeah i figured there would be a season 2, or he'd reappear in the movies to continue the story.  

Edit: just saw the post credits scene

It’s crazy how this one out of the 3 seemed to stick the landing but leave so much more on the table. Got me excited for what the next phases could be and the future of the D+ shows and their impact.

Spoiler

Wild that we are getting our first version of Kang here. All the signs pointed to it but I was tempering expectations. Seeing Majors show up as He Who Remains and that statue at the end was an awesome tease.

Infinite Kang’s being let loose essentially on top of the multiverse being ripped wide open sets up a lot of stuff. Curious just how many will show up when it’s all said and done. 

Guessing at least a couple in Quantumania, a big bad in an Avengers film and season 2 of Loki.

• Like 1

It's hard to appropriately rank Loki imo given that the season 1 ended on a cliffhanger.  Depending on what happens in the movies and in season 2 it could massively affect how it ends up in the rankings either positively or negatively.  I loved the ambition of season 1.  Where WandaVision and FatWS were moving individual characters forward to where they needed to be coming into the new phase of MCU, Loki moved the entire plot forward of MCU.  With that said, here is where i would rank Loki currently.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. The Avengers
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Doctor Strange
  7. Iron Man
  8. Thor: Ragnarok
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy
  10. WandaVision
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger
  12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  13. Loki
  14. Thor
  15. Ant-Man
  16. Spiderman: Homecoming
  17. Black Widow
  18. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  19. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  20. Spiderman: Far From Home
  21. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  22. Black Panther
  23. Iron Man 2
  24. Captain Marvel
  25. Iron Man 3
  26. The Incredible Hulk
  27. Thor: The Dark World
  • Like 2

Man, what an ending. This was probably the one I wasn’t planning on watching when announced, but turned out to be the best of the three (WandaVision, TFAWS). 

Things are going to get interesting and I can’t wait to see where we go from here. Is it September yet?

• Like 1

I wonder how wild they'll get with the multiverse thing. We're getting other spidermen/villains from other franchises, but will we also see Fox studios X-men, Wesley snipes Blade, Ben affleck daredevil etc.. pop up in small roles.They could start a whole new ironman film or trilogy that follows a different tony stark variant. I hope they get weird with it. Looking forward to "what if?"

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1