Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

21 hours ago, TitanSlim said:
  Hide contents

I so wished they hadn’t announced Jonathan Majors is Kang. The reveal of the door opening and Majors popping up would’ve felt even more amazing. And gradually finding out he’s/he’ll be Kang the Conqueror would’ve been *chief’s kiss”

I wasn't expecting him to appear. I figured we'd get to see He who remains but I almost spit out my coffee when Majors was shown..

Also I guess that Wandavision post credit makes more sense now? She heard the kids from these branched timelines?

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Also I guess that Wandavision post credit makes more sense now? She heard the kids from these branched timelines?

That's what I thought.  The Dr Strange movie is going to get weird as hell and i'm all about it.  It's my most anticipated movie in the works for the MCU.

• Like 1

Set up nicely to reset characters and recast.  Inmortus was hella campy but I guess if you’re stuck by yourself at the end of time for eons, you’d prolly be out of your mind too lol. I’m curious to see how his variants were imprisoned and how they escaped.  Maybe we’ll get to see that in s2.  

I wish Loki had pressed him on the TVA focusing so heavily on Loki variants while letting other time jumpers skate. I’m sure he let the Avengers do what they did so he didn’t have to face off against Thanos himself.  It would’ve been cool to hear him affirm that.  And it sure looks like he engineered all of this, including capturing Sylvie as a child who was no threat at the time, to lead her down the path to one day killing him. But it’s hard to reconcile that with him knowing his variants would be freed. And he could’ve easily banished Loki & Sylvie with his timepiece if he wanted to. 

Edited by thrILL!
🐊

There was so much to love in this show, overall. Loved the multiple Lokis. Loved there being a female Loki. Loved the bad guy at the end, and some of the TVA stuff. Loved how "our" Loki grew and changed. Loved the tone and feel.

And yet, something in this show didn't click for me enough, given how much of it I loved. I still can't put my finger on it a day later......I also feel that from my reading...those that know the comics liked it a lot more than those that don't. 

The rest is based on me never reading the comics, before or in the future:

I'd like to see a lot more fun with the multiple Lokis. I'd like to see our Loki team up with them to stop Kang from taking over the TVA to prune his rivals (like I said, no idea if this is the story, but it is what I'd do). I'd like to understand more about why LOKI is so important to this story. I'd like more fun / whimsy and real stakes in this fight. 

Edited by PrplChilPill

13 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'd like to see a lot more fun with the multiple Lokis. I'd like to see our Loki team up with them to stop Kang from taking over the TVA to prune his rivals (like I said, no idea if this is the story, but it is what I'd do). I'd like to understand more about why LOKI is so important to this story. I'd like more fun / whimsy and real stakes in this fight. 

Perhaps season 2 will have an army of Loki's to battle the Council of Kangs?

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

First of all, loved the ending.

I am super excited. 

I am also TERRIFIED. 

Multiverse can be fun and interesting. However, it can also be abused... HARD. It lowers stakes and makes things convoluted if not handled with care. They need to make a concerted effort to keep us grounded in OUR MCU when exploring the multiverse. 

If they keep the focus on "our" characters, it'll be fine.  They just have to be careful not to keep replacing actors/actresses too willy nilly.  

2 hours ago, theJ said:

If they keep the focus on "our" characters, it'll be fine.  They just have to be careful not to keep replacing actors/actresses too willy nilly.  

That's kinda what I mean. No matter what, we need to end back up in OUR reality. I don't want to go off entire tangents multiple titles long about alternative universes. Things that make sense to do with the multiverse:

Introduce the FF - Kang tries to kill Reed's reality because he is the biggest threat to him

Introduce a live action Spider-Gwen - if it gets me Emma Stone in this role, idc what hoops they jump through

Introduce Iron Lad - if you don't know I wont spoil in case they use him

Bring in Ryan Reynold's Deadpool

Spiderverse

What I dont want to see:

X-men having their own universe. The only way I would kinda be ok is if there is a Secret Wars event that ultimately combines all the universes into one again, but even then I wouldnt be thrilled. 

Bringing back dead characters IE; RDJ as Tony, ScarJo as Natasha, ATJ as Pietro, etc. They already pull this trick with Loki, that is enough. 

Merging the Sony-verse spidey title with the MCU proper - just... no

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was actually thinking M'Baku.

What would be your scenario to bring him to the throne? Would he have killed T’Chaka or T’Challa to get there? Did he marry Shuri? With all that fish, is he a pescatarian now?

The only drawback on this show I forgot to mention was how Loki within what seems like a week completely changed his being, and outlook on life. Just days ago he killed hundreds of people without any remorse. Now he's putting blankets on girls he likes. I know he had the pep talk from Mobius, and saw that video reel of his life. But he's been the God of Mischief for thousands of years. Hard to buy a turnaround like that in a few days. But I get it, the MCU team needed him to get back to where he was when we last saw him in Endgame. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

24 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I know he had the pep talk from Mobius, and saw that video reel of his life.

Watching your boss/idol break your neck while your brother is restrained and your people are lying around dead can have that effect on someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

What would be your scenario to bring him to the throne? Would he have killed T’Chaka or T’Challa to get there? Did he marry Shuri? With all that fish, is he a pescatarian now?

He and the Jabari tribe have always been the tribe in power...