Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The only drawback on this show I forgot to mention was how Loki within what seems like a week completely changed his being, and outlook on life. Just days ago he killed hundreds of people without any remorse. Now he's putting blankets on girls he likes. I know he had the pep talk from Mobius, and saw that video reel of his life. But he's been the God of Mischief for thousands of years. Hard to buy a turnaround like that in a few days. But I get it, the MCU team needed him to get back to where he was when we last saw him in Endgame. 

They do mention that time passes differently in the TVA...so what may have seemed like a short amount of time to us, may have been much longer. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

They do mention that time passes differently in the TVA...so what may have seemed like a short amount of time to us, may have been much longer. 

He also makes a couple comments about how he has no idea how much time has actually passed as early as episode 2

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He also makes a couple comments about how he has no idea how much time has actually passed as early as episode 2

Wouldl

49 minutes ago, D82 said:

Wouldn’t that mean tho a week in the TVA would be like months in real time and not the other way around.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

I think it will be very close, but his helmet will be open a lot to show him as human and the actor 

It cracks me up every time I watch Endgame and the characters start taking off their helmets and masks during the final battle just so we can see the actors' faces lol.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

Can someone clarify for me - do the new multiverses start from scratch/beginning of time (Tony Stark will eventually exist in each one), or do they all branch from the moment in time when Kang/Immortus no longer knew what would happen (there will never be a Tony Stark)?

4 hours ago, D82 said:

True. That's a potential "out" that essentially handwaves that obstacle away if necessary, even if it is kind of flimsy reasoning as to why his mindset would change. Because nothing happened other than him looking at the reel and having conversations with Mobius at the TVA before he started to "change". If it was just a bunch of experiences stacked on top of one another instead of just sitting down and reflecting, I'd be more open to it. Perhaps he was in that Sif holodeck program for hundreds of years though, and that changed his mind. It doesn't take me out of the show or anything. Just wish there was a way they could have made it more crisp for me. But I can't think of anything better, so...

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Watching your boss/idol break your neck while your brother is restrained and your people are lying around dead can have that effect on someone.

True, but then part of me thinks the classic cunning Loki would have eventually surmised in his head "well that was me in another potential timeline, that doesn't have to be me now!!!" Like he would take advantage of the situation, as would be in his nature. Ehhh, I'm willing to let it slide. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

True, but then part of me thinks the classic cunning Loki would have eventually surmised in his head "well that was me in another potential timeline, that doesn't have to be me now!!!" Like he would take advantage of the situation, as would be in his nature. Ehhh, I'm willing to let it slide. 

I think he did take that route at first, but then he met Sylvie - and all of that gradually went away. When he first met her, he said his goal was to overtake the time keepers and control the TVA, which is what made Kang's offer so appealing; It was the first true time his endgame was achievable.

Lokis' were destined to lose, as Mobius said - our Loki was given the ultimate victory, but chose against it because he was in love. (With himself, in essence... but that tracks in a sense).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he did take that route at first, but then he met Sylvie - and all of that gradually went away. When he first met her, he said his goal was to overtake the time keepers and control the TVA, which is what made Kang's offer so appealing; It was the first true time his endgame was achievable.

Lokis' were destined to lose, as Mobius said - our Loki was given the ultimate victory, but chose against it because he was in love. (With himself, in essence... but that tracks in a sense).

True. That was apparently the first time in all of those thousands of years he was in "love" for real, which is when he started to "change" in the show to me. So...eehhh...yeahh...I'm starting to come around with it not being super flimsy as I initially thought. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, crfalker05 said:

Can someone clarify for me - do the new multiverses start from scratch/beginning of time (Tony Stark will eventually exist in each one), or do they all branch from the moment in time when Kang/Immortus no longer knew what would happen (there will never be a Tony Stark)?

Think of it as all time is always happening at once. Branches from the original timeline can happen at any point in history and branches from those branches can also happen at any point in that branches history. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Set up nicely to reset characters and recast.  Inmortus was hella campy but I guess if you’re stuck by yourself at the end of time for eons, you’d prolly be out of your mind too lol. I’m curious to see how his variants were imprisoned and how they escaped.  Maybe we’ll get to see that in s2.  

I wish Loki had pressed him on the TVA focusing so heavily on Loki variants while letting other time jumpers skate. I’m sure he let the Avengers do what they did so he didn’t have to face off against Thanos himself.  It would’ve been cool to hear him affirm that.  And it sure looks like he engineered all of this, including capturing Sylvie as a child who was no threat at the time, to lead her down the path to one day killing him. But it’s hard to reconcile that with him knowing his variants would be freed. And he could’ve easily banished Loki & Sylvie with his timepiece if he wanted to. 

I think he was just tired of keeping the “Sacred Timeline” intact. After the threshold passed, it seemed that there were two possibilities:

1) They kill him and free his variants.

2) He retires and they take over his role.

Of course, I do wonder if the offer by Miss Minute was ever a real possibility.

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think he was just tired of keeping the “Sacred Timeline” intact. After the threshold passed, it seemed that there were two possibilities:

1) They kill him and free his variants.

2) He retires and they take over his role.

Of course, I do wonder if the offer by Miss Minute was ever a real possibility.

I doubt it, that'd be a major chain reaction to the timeline's events after that.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Maybe it was still better than the alternative of his variants being released.

Possibly, but you don't spend "millions of lifetimes' sculpting reality to just change it.  My best guess was it was all a gambit to see if they would take him up on his offer, and like he said, if he gets killed, the odds are a variant just like him ends up back where he is now.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1