Jump to content

Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed


Deadpulse
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If Kang doesn't pop up or get referenced I'll be annoyed.

Yeah, TFAWS didn't really set up much. WandaVision played more into DS2 and I guess hinted at the possibility of the multiverse a little...we've gotta get something more "big picture" in this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I completely understand how/why you have this outlook. However, I would argue that establish a new Captain America for the MCU sets up a lot. 

But...we knew we were getting a new Captain America. And Sam was an already established character. 

So...maybe I'm wrong and that storyline plays into something down the road, but as of right now? I'm not seeing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, D82 said:

But...we knew we were getting a new Captain America. And Sam was an already established character. 

So...maybe I'm wrong and that storyline plays into something down the road, but as of right now? I'm not seeing it.

I saw TFATWS as a transitory work.  They needed Sam to be established as Cap and be at peace with all the things they brought up in the series, and they needed Bucky to move past being TWS.  The biggest setup of that series is getting characters to where they need to be moreso than the story.  Same thing with Sharon Carter with her development, setting up the next Falcon as well, they laid groundwork for The Thunderbolts with Zemo, US Agent, and JLD's character and they've continued the Cap legacy of needing to stand up to the institutions they were serving.  I'm guessing we won't see any more Flag Smashers or super soldiers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D82 said:

So, I saw it posited elsewhere...but could the TVA be based in the Quantum Realm? 

That’s interesting because I was just talking to brother about if they do intend on doing another season of Loki, season 1 could be connected to Dr Strange: MOM and season 2 could be connected to Quantumania.

I say this with the caveat that Kang will somehow be involved in this story in some way. My thinking is with Quantumania coming out in early 2023, it may be slightly too early to go full steam ahead with Kang for this year. I can see them teasing Kang at the end of this season with Judge Renslayer and him and/or Judge Renslayer being the main antagonist in season 2, leading into the new Ant-Man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

That’s interesting because I was just talking to brother about if they do intend on doing another season of Loki, season 1 could be connected to Dr Strange: MOM and season 2 could be connected to Quantumania.

I say this with the caveat that Kang will somehow be involved in this story in some way. My thinking is with Quantumania coming out in early 2023, it may be slightly too early to go full steam ahead with Kang for this year. I can see them teasing Kang at the end of this season with Judge Renslayer and him and/or Judge Renslayer being the main antagonist in season 2, leading into the new Ant-Man. 

I mean the guy who wrote DS2 wrote this. And it is a bit odd that they already cast Kang for a movie that doesn’t come out for two more years…so I’d think he at least makes a small cameo in this at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D82 said:

And it is a bit odd that they already cast Kang for a movie that doesn’t come out for two more years…so I’d think he at least makes a small cameo in this at some point.

I had this thought too then I remembered that Quantamania was originally set to release in 2022 and everything got pushed back so you kinda have to operate with the perception that his casting announcement also happened a year after it did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I had this thought too then I remembered that Quantamania was originally set to release in 2022 and everything got pushed back so you kinda have to operate with the perception that his casting announcement also happened a year after it did. 

Well, he was cast in late 2020...so that's still 2 years out. When did Loki finish wrapping up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, D82 said:

Well, he was cast in late 2020...so that's still 2 years out. When did Loki finish wrapping up?

Loki filming started January of 2020 and was delayed due to covid. Majors was announced September 2020. That's not to say he wasnt cast by the time Loki started filming. We didn't even know Veep was cast in the MCU before she made her dubut on FWS

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Loki filming started January of 2020 and was delayed due to covid. Majors was announced September 2020. That's not to say he wasnt cast by the time Loki started filming. We didn't even know Veep was cast in the MCU before she made her dubut on FWS

Gotcha. So I'd say there's a chance we could get a glimpse of him as Kang at some point in this series. I really hope we do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, Bullet Club said:

If Kang doesn't pop up or get referenced I'll be annoyed.

Spoiler

 

Wasn't he one of the Timekeepers? The one in the middle? That seems to be the prevailing theory:

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a36676432/loki-kang-the-conqueror-timekeeper/

I watched it a few times, it's hard to say it ISN'T once you look at him.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...