Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

On 6/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, D82 said:

Yeah, TFAWS didn't really set up much.

It set up a lot about some characters, but didn't reveal much you couldn't have already guessed.

Kinda same with WandaVision, save for White Vision.

Loki is revealing and setting up the major plot groundwork for the next phase.

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

It set up a lot about some characters, but didn't reveal much you couldn't have already guessed.

Kinda same with WandaVision, save for White Vision.

Loki is revealing and setting up the major plot groundwork for the next phase.

WV finally introduced Wanda as the Scarlet Witch, let us know she has always had powers and the Mind Stone only enhanced them, introduced us to Agatha who I have a feeling may play a part in DS2, showed us Wanda using the Darkhold which may very well play a part in opening up the multiple universes. It gave us a lot more than TFAWS did. 

Yeah, WandaVision and Loki are really establishing the parameters of the multi-verse and the rules the MCU is going to play by and introducing existence wide dangers to the next phase.  FATWS was very very character driven, Loki much more plot driven, and Wandavision kind of bridged the gap between the two.  I'm curious if any of these characters from the three shows appear in Black Widow in a few weeks, even if just a brief cameo.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, WandaVision and Loki are really establishing the parameters of the multi-verse and the rules the MCU is going to play by and introducing existence wide dangers to the next phase.  FATWS was very very character driven, Loki much more plot driven, and Wandavision kind of bridged the gap between the two.  I'm curious if any of these characters from the three shows appear in Black Widow in a few weeks, even if just a brief cameo.

I believe I heard Val from FATWS is supposed to have a appearance, which would make sense. I think her appearance in FATWS would’ve made even more sense had Black Widow come out before like originally planned.

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Did not expect for things to kick off so soon. Next week's episode is going to be very interesting. 

It's only 6 episodes, so we are 33% of the way through, which is about where you expect the story to ramp up.  They did a tremendous job laying the groundwork and introducing new characters and groups.  Over the next two episodes I expect we'll get more backstory on Lady Loki and her motivations and what her plan is, then the last two will be the climax and resolution.

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's only 6 episodes, so we are 33% of the way through, which is about where you expect the story to ramp up.  They did a tremendous job laying the groundwork and introducing new characters and groups.  Over the next two episodes I expect we'll get more backstory on Lady Loki and her motivations and what her plan is, then the last two will be the climax and resolution.

I don't want to give away too much...but did anyone else notice the lingering shot on a certain Timekeeper? Can't help but think he shows up at some point. 

3 hours ago, D82 said:

I don't want to give away too much...but did anyone else notice the lingering shot on a certain Timekeeper? Can't help but think he shows up at some point. 

It feels a little too on the nose, if that makes sense. Like the Mephisto/Devil stuff with WandaVision . I’m trying to temper my expectations after that.

This show is shaping up nicely. It’s hard to get a read on whether or not Loki is legit maturing lol but that gives Hiddleston so much room to play with.  Great chemistry with him and Owen Wilson.  

Gotta say tho that the Roxxco sequence was kinda phoned in.  The TVA’s squad for this mission looked like their very first day on the job.  No tactical ability whatsoever walking around like any other aimless customer in the store (and I doubt they’d still be open for business if it were as serious of a hurricane or storm as they made it out to be but Marvel loves forcing humor in inorganically and so we have employees on the floor lol). No communication between the team and it was like 10-15 mins before anyone even checked in to see what happened to B-15, their squad leader. You finally have your best shot at capturing or deleting Loki 2 and this is your response team?  Just walking in the front door like that?  Maybe they’re just that cocky.  Who knows maybe somebody from the TVA is helping Loki 2….

Nitpicking maybe but I’m fascinated by the possibilities this show can create. And you simply cannot keep messing with time and NOT give us a glimpse of Kang…

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Maybe they’re just that cocky.

exactly this. Mobius's comment about the timekeepers still unravelling the rest of time would suggest that the TVA operatives have literally been doing this for 13.7 billion years without major incident. That is an absurd amount of time to get cavalier about a job where nothing ever seems to get out of hand. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

exactly this. Mobius's comment about the timekeepers still unravelling the rest of time would suggest that the TVA operatives have literally been doing this for 13.7 billion years without major incident. That is an absurd amount of time to get cavalier about a job where nothing ever seems to get out of hand. 

Yeah that's definitely implied and easy to believe.   Billions of years would make the TVA think they're untouchable.  And tbh I'm not so sure this isn't going to be some Wizard of Oz man behind the curtain bit wit the Timekeepers.

It is rather strange tho that Loki using the Tesseract to escape custody is such an egregious violation of the sacred time stream yet the Avengers' multiple instances of time-hopping were not only allowed, but judicially affirmed.  Yet in Endgame, there were actions that would have caused the timelines to diverge.  So while he did drop Mjolnir back off in Asgard after Thor "stole" it, Cap also said "Hail Hydra" to Jasper in the SHIELD elevator that would've affected the Winter Soldier movie timeline.  There are others too like Gamora being in the wrong timeline.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah that's definitely implied and easy to believe.   Billions of years would make the TVA think they're untouchable.  And tbh I'm not so sure this isn't going to be some Wizard of Oz man behind the curtain bit wit the Timekeepers.

It is rather strange tho that Loki using the Tesseract to escape custody is such an egregious violation of the sacred time stream yet the Avengers' multiple instances of time-hopping were not only allowed, but judicially affirmed.  Yet in Endgame, there were actions that would have caused the timelines to diverge.  So while he did drop Mjolnir back off in Asgard after Thor "stole" it, Cap also said "Hail Hydra" to Jasper in the SHIELD elevator that would've affected the Winter Soldier movie timeline.  There are others too like Gamora being in the wrong timeline.  

Watched a video saying that it's possible that gets brought up as the Time Keepers having too much say in what is the sacred timeline and what isn't and gives Loki reason to take them down.