Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

I loved episode 2. Especially the dialogue scenes between Loki and Mobius. I can't remember the last time I was really invested in two MCU characters just talking about a "bigger picture". Perhaps it was the subject matters of belief, purpose, control of one's own destiny, etc., but the chemistry was just really good. 

I'm thinking the timekeepers are either not real, or aren't around anymore, and the TVA is essentially just showcasing a pile of propaganda for quite some time now. Just seems the way they are refenced is too suspicious, and only a certain amount of limited information is available about them. I'm wondering how Mobious, a guy who essentially seems to just be content with the role he's been given without questioning it, will react if this is indeed true. He himself said he's never seen the timekeepers. Or, maybe the timekeepers are just essentially bad guys. It's a slippery slope when it comes to the TVA's perceived goal of maintaining time, because where does one draw the line in terms of them being a dictatorship and deciding what's best for the universe? Loki himself said that not all bad guys are bad, and not all good guys are good. 

Also, Lady Loki might actually be Enchantress. Whoever she is, she's making alternate timelines. Perhaps this leads into the What If series. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

14 hours ago, theJ said:

It set up a lot about some characters, but didn't reveal much you couldn't have already guessed.

Kinda same with WandaVision, save for White Vision.

Loki is revealing and setting up the major plot groundwork for the next phase.

Yeah the first two were mainly to move characters from A to B.
Wanda -> Scarlet Witch, Dead Vision -> Alive (White) Vision, Falcon -> Cap, Broken Bucky -> Whole Bucky.
Really the bigger movies things were setting up characters on the side like Spectrum (Monica) and US Agent & Val.
Hawkeye seems to be in a similar vein of moving Hawkeye -> Retired Clint and introing Kate Bishop.

We have these other types in the works that are just a full on character intro and origin. Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Ironheart, Moon Knight.

Loki does feel like the first one that is more for addressing the MCU in a more direct way.
Even more so than the "event series" like Secret Invasion and Armor Wars, not sure if there will be much bleed over from those into the movies aside from character setup.

I'm glad they are hitting us with varied approaches, but I do hope more of them have a larger effect.
I get not wanting to not have the movie audience lost because of missing like 24+ hours of shows every year, but there has to be some stakes.

I'm curious how these next batch of shows go after they saw how the first 2 went. Like will they work on the finales falling a little flat, will they give the shows a little more stakes/impact, did they see all the speculation and realize that they could do way more crossovers/cameos? Will be interesting.

So far the only complaint I'd have with Loki is they could do way more with showing variants and cameos. 
Only 2 episodes in, hope we get way more of that.

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also, Lady Loki might actually be Enchantress.

There are some other language credits that list her as Sylvie. 

I have a weird feeling we are gonna get some timey whimey ish where the Loki variant we are following is the previous version of the same variant they are chasing and Sophia's Sylvie is the decoy to lure his past self into the cycle and distract the TVA. 

How is there a lady Loki (or any of the other Loki's they mentioned) if there is only one timeline? In other words, how do any other Loki's exist besides Hiddleston's and how would they have even come in to existence if the TVA has been enforcing one timeline?

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

How is there a lady Loki (or any of the other Loki's they mentioned) if there is only one timeline? In other words, how do any other Loki's exist besides Hiddleston's and how would they have even come in to existence if the TVA has been enforcing one timeline?

There is definitely stuff that the TVA isn't telling Loki. There was a multi-verse for a good long while though, because it was the multi-versal war that led to the formation of the TVA.

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There is definitely stuff that the TVA isn't telling Loki. There was a multi-verse for a good long while though, because it was the multi-versal war that led to the formation of the TVA.

Didn't that multi-versal war take place way before Loki though? Didn't Loki's conception begin during the enforcement of one singular timeline?

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Didn't that multi-versal war take place way before Loki though? Didn't Loki's conception begin during the enforcement of one singular timeline?

Not necessarily, they've already dropped one hint about how time works differently there.  They already know what happens to his future so it stands to reason the multi-versal war likely didn't take place in one exact timeline across the universe.  It was a 4-5 dimensional war across time, space, and universes

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not necessarily, they've already dropped one hint about how time works differently there.  They already know what happens to his future so it stands to reason the multi-versal war likely didn't take place in one exact timeline across the universe.  It was a 4-5 dimensional war across time, space, and universes

ISn.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Exactly. According to Mobius, the timekeepers are STILL pruning the sacred timeline. This also suggest that all of time exists at once but they began sequentially from the start of time. This means the multiverse existed for billions of years before the timekeepers got to that point in history to prune it. Think of it this way, the timeline is a tree, full of branches going every which way.  The timekeepers start at the trunk and slowly work their way up cutting off all the branches so that only the trunk exists. They are like 75% up the tree. However, pruning those branches isnt perfect and some things can slip through, IE why the TVA exists. Also they could have escaped their timeline before the timekeepers got to it. 

As far as the list that appears on the computer showing all the various dates that Lady Loki (or whoever she is) set the time reset charges back to...

I wonder which ones will have an effect on the timeline moving forward. Some big changes could be coming if they're left as is. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

As far as the list that appears on the computer showing all the various dates that Lady Loki (or whoever she is) set the time reset charges back to...

I wonder which ones will have an effect on the timeline moving forward. Some big changes could be coming if they're left as is. 

The nice part about how they set this up, the sacred timeline, our MCU, remains 100% intact. Lady Loki created a bunch of branches which will be fun but we arent gonna get some timey whimey BS or retcon what weve already spent 2 decades watching and investing in. 

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The nice part about how they set this up, the sacred timeline, our MCU, remains 100% intact. Lady Loki created a bunch of branches which will be fun but we arent gonna get some timey whimey BS or retcon what weve already spent 2 decades watching and investing in. 

But we know they're bringing in mutants/the X-Men and the Fantastic Four at some point. They have to merge at some point. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

But we know they're bringing in mutants/the X-Men and the Fantastic Four at some point. They have to merge at some point. 

Right, but they wont mess with past events. IF multiverse is the route they take to insert FF and Xmen into the MCU (personally I think Xmen will be intro'd differently), then they will join the existing continuity in a fish out of water capacity, holdovers from their branch timelines. IE Reed Richards realizes their branch is about to be clipped and does all he can to save his family and bring them to the sacred timeline. 

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Right, but they wont mess with past events. IF multiverse is the route they take to insert FF and Xmen into the MCU (personally I think Xmen will be intro'd differently), then they will join the existing continuity in a fish out of water capacity, holdovers from their branch timelines. IE Reed Richards realizes their branch is about to be clipped and does all he can to save his family and bring them to the sacred timeline. 

Yeah, I definitely don’t see them messing with what’s already been established in the MCU. We agree there.

• Like 1