Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Discounting Star Wars, i'd argue Disney's last great cartoon was Phineas and Ferb.

I really never got into the TV shows they had...with the exception of some of the early 90s stuff (Goof Troop, TaleSpin, etc.), I was mainly referencing their animated movies. While I liked some of their Pixar movies, my favorites still remain their classics. 

I was so sure that Loki was manipulating Sylvie as part of a master plan, but I guess not.  It's ok because this episode hit so well, but it does diminish what the 3rd episode was for me.

So who the hell is running the TVA?  That'll be interesting to find out.  Can't deny all the power they wield, someone is pulling the strings.

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I was so sure that Loki was manipulating Sylvie as part of a master plan, but I guess not.  It's ok because this episode hit so well, but it does diminish what the 3rd episode was for me.

So who the hell is running the TVA?  That'll be interesting to find out.  Can't deny all the power they wield, someone is pulling the strings.

It’s definitely some version of Kang.

59 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Seems like it should be more than that.  If Kang has all this power already, why is he now a threat to the MCU?  He was already controlling everything.

Why does Kang attack the Avengers in the comics? Something happened in his timeline so he needs to go back and eliminate the variant. We see a big spike in the timeline before Loki and Sylvie were captured, so it could be related to that.

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I know jack about Kang in the comics.  The TVA seems particularly intricate to be just one dude dictating stuff.

I’m no comics expert, but he’s a villain that wants to conquer the timeline. The council of Kang (variants of different Kangs) could be running the TVA and being the Wizard of Oz.. I think one variant, not Jonathan Majors, will be the final villain and when the variant loses, it causes Jonathan Majors to intervene to restore his conquest and save Ravonna.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I’m guessing they’ll do something like Miss Minutes is an AI and has been running things or it’s just another Loki. 

Im trying not to get too crazy about Kang stuff like the fandom did for Mephisto, Reed Richards, etc. There is two episodes left, unless they are indeed doing more seasons I don’t know if there is enough time to intro Kang in a big way.

If it is Miss Minutes I could see Kang being behind her creation. He’s conquering the timeline, she runs the TVA and Timekeepers in concert with that. If Ravonna was a minutemen she is a variant too right? So she wouldn’t be Kang’s version or maybe isn’t yet?

44 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Well that was way better than last week imo. Will be interesting to see if everyone survives the pruning or just Lokis.

I’m curious if this could be some sort of setup for the battleworld(s) of secret wars?

Like are these pruned worlds (like the Loki beats the Avengers world we saw) and all the pruned variants thrown in together? Either as individual worlds serving as holding cells mostly for high variant individuals or its one world made up of the almost carved out zones they reset? Like that New York gets stitched in, just like the ren faire and other places we’ve seen the time reset bombs go off.

Could it all be the Beyonder and not Kang?

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m no comics expert, but he’s a villain that wants to conquer the timeline. The council of Kang (variants of different Kangs) could be running the TVA and being the Wizard of Oz.. I think one variant, not Jonathan Majors, will be the final villain and when the variant loses, it causes Jonathan Majors to intervene to restore his conquest and save Ravonna.

This is more or less correct in regards to Kang. He's a time hopping conquer that takes on the Avengers essentially for the challenge of it, but also because his future reality in which he already took over is dystopian/dying. So he tries to conquer Earth in the past. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

For the complaints that last week was filler - it's clear now that it meant to set up 1.4, and the reasons for our Loki to be so attached to Sylvia.   Fantastic episode.   

I actually don't mind "filler" eps if they expand the character development, and it pays off down the line.   1.4 just paid off 1.3 in a massive, massive way.   

Gotta say I can't wait to see how 1.5 goes, given Hiddleston already said 1.4 - 1.5 are a "hang on to your hat" duo of eps to look for.

• Like 2