Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For the complaints that last week was filler - it's clear now that it meant to set up 1.4, and the reasons for our Loki to be so attached to Sylvia.   Fantastic episode.   

I actually don't mind "filler" eps if they expand the character development, and it pays off down the line.   1.4 just paid off 1.3 in a massive, massive way.   

Gotta say I can't wait to see how 1.5 goes, given Hiddleston already said 1.4 - 1.5 are a "hang on to your hat" duo of eps to look for.

This does make the previous episode a lot better to stomach. I was surprised that in episode 4 a lot more plot was fast-tracked. I didn't expect the TVA getting cut down to size so quickly, and the viewers being on the brink as to what's really going on by the end of the episode. Hopefully Marvel can stick the landing in the final two episodes. Falcon/Winter Solider didn't do that for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

BTW, I'm going for broke thinking that Kang is indeed behind the TVA. Ravonna is going to be compelled to tell the truth behind everything, and her character in the comics (she's a princess in her original iteration) has a connection to Kang as they are lovers. Different versions I know, but I have to think she was named Ravonna for a reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, I'm going for broke thinking that Kang is indeed behind the TVA. Ravonna is going to be compelled to tell the truth behind everything, and her character in the comics (she's a princess in her original iteration) has a connection to Kang as they are lovers. Different versions I know, but I have to think she was named Ravonna for a reason. 

Yeah i could see Kang having created the TVA as a bureaucracy to maintain the integrity of the timeline as he sees fit. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ironically, Ravonna is to this show as Loki is to Avengers 1 

I don't think that is a coincidence.

A random thought I had while watching this episode the second time through is that:

Is the sacred timeline the sacred timeline because it is the one iteration in which the Avengers were able to defeat Thanos, something that Kang (or whoever if it's not Kang) was unable to do on his own?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think that is a coincidence.

A random thought I had while watching this episode the second time through is that:

Is the sacred timeline the sacred timeline because it is the one iteration in which the Avengers were able to defeat Thanos, something that Kang (or whoever if it's not Kang) was unable to do on his own?

That’s an interesting thought.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I had a thought similar like that... So they said the time keepers allowed Endgame to happen. Did Kang allow that to happen so he could now go back to 2009 timeline with no Thanos and rule or do w/e? 

I don't think they go back to 2009, I think they just pick up Post-Endgame where this may be the new threat that emerges to build towards.  Be it Kang like most think, or if they throw us a curve and go a different direction.  I think at this point everything from the beginning through Endgame will not be touched.

• Like 2