What would you say is the Gutsiest front office move your team has ever made?

CP3MVP

Hiring a goofy serial killer as HC cause he had success coaching in Canada lol. Hiring the Broncos castaway HC despite being proven underwhelming, despite having an incredible roster. Hiring the Chiefs OC to be HC despite Reid calling all the shots in KC and having personnel there that fit their offensive scheme. Trading your future for a defensive player just for him to have a DPOY year and then a couple Average Player of the Year seasons. Trading up one spot to a team that wasn’t after your guy to get the one QB out of the 3 top guys that busted. Trading for Nick Foles, who shouldn’t have even been worth a 4th at his absolute peak and being trapped in his obnoxious contract. Signing a washed up qb that at his peak in his career was the epitome of average starting nfl qb, and then cutting your star CB to compensate for the lack of cap space created by signing him. 

Edited by Ty21

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

its not gutsy to move for a QB midseason to make a playoff push?

Well obviously it is under normal circumstances. But gutsy also implies that the decision maker has something to lose.

Hue had nothing to lose, he gave away future picks which did not hurt him at all. It was either get in the playoffs for a job next year or be out of a hc job within a few months. If that security took some 1st round picks he did not care

Hope itsclear what im trying to say, english is not my 1st language

• Like 1

4 hours ago, otg said:

I don't necessarily think that it was gutsy, I think that it was the most logical option. Getting a starting level talent who you have experience with who could save your season, yeah that's a bet worth making. Missing the playoffs by a tiebreaker even...

I definitely wouldn't call the compensation awful. Teams pay more to aquire backups.

The Bengals gutsy move is how they handled that situation. People thought the Bengals should trade him for whatever they could get and made a mistake not doing so. But they held out for a respectable return and... That was probably above front office level decision making right there though. I'd say that generally the Bengals lack guts.

I might be mistaken wasnt it more uncommon to trade multiple first? Thats how i remember it, i felt it as a punch in the gut

Joe Robbie pursuing Don Shula after the 1969 season and persuading the young coach to leave the established Colts for a Dolphins franchise barely four seasons old. It worked out because Shula could see the Dolphins quietly had a stacked roster thanks to Joe Thomas. Robbie was fined a first round pick for tampering. He briefly fought the penalty because negotiations technically began prior to the official merger. But nobody in Miami balked too much at that fine. Dolphins were instantly relevant.

• Like 1