Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

The jets did enough not too ruin and nothing to help him progress. He is also young at qb in  terms of reps- he wasnt a high school qb and two years of college. 

He will have a chance to turn it around. The Panthers will have a shot to get a weapon in the draft to help him.

This is as good as it could get for Darnold 

None of the QBs after Lawrence are better prospects than Darnold.

If you think playing on that Jets team defines Darnold or gave him a shot to succeed then you need to have a talk with Steve Young.

The Jets getting a 2, 4, and a 6 for a QB they did not want is fine. The 2 and 4 being next year makes it a meh deal.

The Panthers getting their possible QB for that price could be a steal. Now they can add a weapon or an O-line piece at pick 8, or drop back a bit and do the same.

7 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

lol, dumb.

Not in the slightest. 

6 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I think the Panthers are gonna be very happy with this trade. Projection, but I think Sam becomes a sensation for them. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised that it turns out you're right about that. 

Regardless, it's a totally worthy gamble. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Panthers getting their possible QB for that price could be a steal. Now they can add a weapon or an O-line piece at pick 8, or drop back a bit and do the same.

How about having to commit $18.8 million to him next season before ever seeing him take a snap?

The 5th year option isn't being discussed much here, but you are basically banking on him panning out. If he doesn't, then odds are this entire regime in Carolina fails because they're all in for two seasons.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Now that Carolina has started the QB rush, now maybe the 49ers will step up and do the right thing - offer Jacksonville that 3rd overall pick for Gardner Minshew.  Come on Niners, you know you want some "Minshew Mania" in San Francisco!

Minshew has shown more at the pro level than Sam Darnold. And Darnold wasn't even that good in college.

• Like 5

Just now, CKSteeler said:

The 5th year option isn't being discussed much here, but you are basically banking on him panning out. If he doesn't, then odds are this entire regime in Carolina fails because they're all in for two seasons.

They already picked up the fifth year option. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Now that Carolina has started the QB rush, now maybe the 49ers will step up and do the right thing - offer Jacksonville that 3rd overall pick for Gardner Minshew.  Come on Niners, you know you want some "Minshew Mania" in San Francisco!

R_CUjtRyNjWsZXMMrb04W4W9pcFlG1i2SDsPGsYk

• Like 1

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Minshew has shown more at the pro level than Sam Darnold. And Darnold wasn't even that good in college.

He may never become a star in the league, but some team is going to get a great value with Gardner.  I think he could end up being the next Fitzmagic in the next 10 years.  Never a long-term starter, but a great journeyman who can come in and win some games.  I really wish the Jags would keep him, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Interesting. More than anything I feel relieved for Sam Darnold. After the wide-awake nightmare of playing for Adam Gase, he deserves to get a shot somewhere else. Hopefully he can leave the ghosts behind him and still have a rewarding career.

• Like 1

What I get from this is Carolina is not willing to trade up in the draft as they are rebuilding, and believe someone like Denver might jump in front of them. Although they would happily select the 4th QB on the board if they were still there. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What I get from this is Carolina is not willing to trade up in the draft as they are rebuilding, and believe someone like Denver might jump in front of them.

I'm thinking that they KNOW Denver is jumping in front of them.