Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

14 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Hate it for Carolina. Keep the draft capital and build the roster for your own draftee. Trading for damaged goods almost never works out.

Darnold is hardly your standard issue damaged goods, though. I think it's a good move for them. If it doesn't work out, they can easily go in a different direction. 

14 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Darnold is hardly your standard issue damaged goods, though. I think it's a good move for them. If it doesn't work out, they can easily go in a different direction. 

This regime will be 3 years in by the time they can give up on Darnold.

30 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Hate it for Carolina. Keep the draft capital and build the roster for your own draftee. Trading for damaged goods almost never works out.

I was thinking the same thing, when does trading for the former high draft pick ever work? Drew Brees is the only one I think of off hand and he was a 2nd rounder

Thats being said, I think this is more insurance, if Trey Lance is still there I think they totally take him...they just arent going to move UP

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I was thinking the same thing, when does trading for the former high draft pick ever work? Drew Brees is the only one I think of off hand and he was a 2nd rounder

Thats being said, I think this is more insurance, if Trey Lance is still there I think they totally take him...they just arent going to move UP

The good news is that you can argue that QBs have started worse and come back from it. The bad thing is that it's not happened in a while. Tannehill wasnt this bad. You probably have to go back to Alex for a guy who arguably started worse and ultimately succeeded 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Damaged goods tbh. Reminds me

so Much when Bradford was traded. Too many bad habits to over ride. 

Except Bradford was still a good QB for a little while. Not great by any stretch of the imagination but Darnold is horrible. A 6th and a 4th would have arguably been an overpay but to add a 2nd on top of all that?

Jets are the offseason winners solely by that move.

• Like 1