Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I won't try to speak for the other teams, but I don't think it's fair to say that the Vikings "dumped" Teddy.  I'm sure Mike Zimmer would have loved to keep him around but the team doctors said his chances of ever playing again at a high level were only about 25%.  For that reason, they made the decision to move on.  They were very happy with him and optimistic about the future before he got hurt.

Bridgewater was a poor man's Andy Dalton even before the injury.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Bridgewater was a poor man's Andy Dalton even before the injury.

I won't argue with you on it because he hadn't broken out and become one of the elite QB's before he was injured.  All I know is that Vikings fans were very excited about his prospects.  I liked him better than Culpepper, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Darnold was the #3 pick in the draft 2 years ago, still has some talent, and they're drafting over him while selling low. I get what you mean, but no way Jets fans are happy.

Guess it depends on what your expectations are. And if you know Jets fans, they have none. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Guess it depends on what your expectations are. And if you know Jets fans, they have none. 

Yeah I think we're saying similar things in different ways. 

Getting better value back on your trade because teams recognize the rest of the organization is a dumpster fire is pretty much the this is fine dog come to life.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 3:12 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Darnold was the #3 pick in the draft 2 years ago, still has some talent, and they're drafting over him while selling low. I get what you mean, but no way Jets fans are happy.

And they gave up a lot to Indianapolis to get him - picks that turned out to be OT Braden Smith, a trade down with Philly that yielded DE Kemeko Turay and RB Jordan Wilkins (the Eagles used the original pick to select TE Dallas Goedert) and CB Rock Ya-Sin in the 2019 draft.

Pretty much every one of the names listed is a key contributor to their teams (Turay has some injury issues) and would be a plus starter for NYJ. So, people trying to sell that this Darnold a good move by NYJ are missing on the opportunity cost to bring Darnold in to begin with.

A Jets team with a few of these players is a 7-9 to 9-7 team.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

And they gave up a lot to Indianapolis to get him - picks that turned out to be OT Braden Smith, a trade down with Philly that yielded DE Kemeko Turay and RB Jordan Wilkins (the Eagles used the original pick to select TE Dallas Goedert) and CB Rock Ya-Sin in the 2019 draft.

Pretty much every one of the names listed is a key contributor to their teams (Turay has some injury issues) and would be a plus starter for NYJ. So, people trying to sell that this Darnold a good move by NYJ are missing on the opportunity cost to bring Darnold in to begin with.

A Jets team with a few of these players is a 7-9 to 9-7 team.

They still would have no QB then. 

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

They still would have no QB then. 

At least a trade up for a QB would make sense now vs then. Leverage picks from the Jamal Adams trade, move up for Wilson/Lance/Fields/Mac Daddy.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

At least a trade up for a QB would make sense now vs then. Leverage picks from the Jamal Adams trade, move up for Wilson/Lance/Fields/Mac Daddy.

If the Jets were somewhat competitive they probably don’t trade Adams. I think the Jets should’ve traded the #2 pick and build around Darnold. They’re going to be in the same spot 3 years from now with Wilson.

• Like 1

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

If the Jets were somewhat competitive they probably don’t trade Adams. I think the Jets should’ve traded the #2 pick and build around Darnold. They’re going to be in the same spot 3 years from now with Wilson.

I was just editing my post, but I agree 100% with what you're saying. They're basically making the exact same mistake with Wilson as they made with Darnold.

24 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

How exactly? How can YOU say what things will look like 3 years from now. 

We have way more resources than we did in previous years and our team today is pretty well built offensively and thats with 10 picks coming this year to add to that. 

Just more nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They're basically making the exact same mistake with Wilson as they made with Darnold.

Lol, not even close. We had a GM who didn't invest or try to build an offensive line and missed on almost every draft pick he made. Darnold also sucked so there's that. 

Joe will build a well rounded team, Saleh and LaFleur have really good schemes, hopefully Wilson plays well. 

It's so funny when it comes to the Jets. 

When we were in position to get Lawrence it was nothing but "Lawrence should force the Jets to trade the pick" because no one wanted us to get him. 

Then when Wilson elevated and became the #2 QB it was Jets should trade back keep the terrible Quarterback they currently have. 

Anything that keeps the Jets a terrible mess seems to be what everyone wants to see. Funny as hell to me personally. 

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's so funny when it comes to the Jets. 

When we were in position to get Lawrence it was nothing but "Lawrence should force the Jets to trade the pick" because no one wanted us to get him. 

Then when Wilson elevated and became the #2 QB it was Jets should trade back keep the terrible Quarterback they currently have. 

Anything that keeps the Jets a terrible mess seems to be what everyone wants to see. Funny as hell to me personally. 

I think it's less any animosity towards the Jets and wanting them to be bad and more people wanting those players to succeed and the Jets have a track record of bad coaching and running high potential guys into the ground or out of town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How exactly? How can YOU say what things will look like 3 years from now. 

We have way more resources than we did in previous years and our team today is pretty well built offensively and thats with 10 picks coming this year to add to that. 

Just more nonsense. 

The Past 10 years is why I say that. Until things change that’s just the perception they have. A mismanaged football team.