Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Nah. There’s definitely an anti NY bias. It shows up heavily against the Jets probably because the media feeds it.

And you eat it up. The media IS New York.

When the Jets were in line to get the number 1 pick, tons of fans came out and said the nfl should change the draft rules. The Jets win a game and that chatter went away. All this despite the Jets not having a top 3 pick since Keyshawn Johnson without needing to trade up.

This is just a weird take. You're remembering it in a special way. Nobody wants the rules changed because New York.

Just look at the start of this thread and all the people coming in trying to claim the Jets sold Darnold low.

The Jets didn't sell Darnold low. He sucks and it was a bad pick. And then they didn't develop him. And yes, a ton of us always hated what we saw at USC projecting forward.

I also think it’s a my team sucks let me put this other team down more so that I can feel better about my team.

I mean, my team is awesome so...🤷‍♂️.

59 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The Browns WERE/ARE rebuilding the right way, though. You are misremembering things in a weird (woe is me) way. The Browns have taken way more heat than your Jets. Baker has taken more heat alone than Rex ever did. You just get more coverage because NY.

There is an anti NY sentiment, I'd say, yeah. Part of why there is an anti NY sentiment is the projection by NY that there is an anti NY sentiment (have fun with that "chicken or the egg"). You're doing a great job increasing the anti NY sentiment with all your victim complex stuff.

It WAS a clown show, though. Winning or losing only has so much to do with whether a situation is a clown show or not. Rex got a tattoo of his QB, foot fetish stuff (🥰), loud mouth (and still is). For the record, I like Rex and liked when he was in NY (though he wasn't the guy). The clown show didn't appear to have a direction and thus no one trusted that it was going to improve, which it didn't.

Lol. I’ll pass on that circular reference.

Like I said, I don’t really care. Just pointing out what I perceive to be facts. If it were just about winning and losing, we’d had received positive coverage during the Rex/Revis years.

But you bring up a good point. We get a lot of coverage because of how big our media market is. And the fact most national media is in NY. So that definitely amplifies things a bit. I did mention earlier I think the media plays a role in it. A team in a smaller market can hide in the shadows. And when they’re  good, it’s refreshing. Almost like, where’d you come from. Good for you for finally turning it around.

I do believe the Brown are building correctly. I like Baker. I recall Baker receiving heat because of his antics in college. The point I was making with the Browns was that nobody was bringing changing the structure of the draft. People on this forum lost their minds when we lost to the Raiders on the cover zero play. 

It’s all good though. If somehow by any chance the football Gods turn this thing around for the Jets, I’ll be happy

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:38 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

It's so funny when it comes to the Jets. 

When we were in position to get Lawrence it was nothing but "Lawrence should force the Jets to trade the pick" because no one wanted us to get him. 

Then when Wilson elevated and became the #2 QB it was Jets should trade back keep the terrible Quarterback they currently have. 

Anything that keeps the Jets a terrible mess seems to be what everyone wants to see. Funny as hell to me personally. 

There has been some of that sentiment with Jacksonville too.  I'm not sure where people want him to go.  New England maybe? 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

There has been some of that sentiment with Jacksonville too. 

Really? For the life of me, I haven't seen it. In fact, most people I've read on have Jax as the perfect landing spot for Lawrence - strong skill position players, bookend Ts, powerful run game between the Ts anchored by a three down RB with a great skillset in the passing game (both as a blocker and a receiver) and a part of the country that fits with Lawrence's personality (kid grew up in Georgia and played college ball in South Carolina, so he's very well suited for northeast Florida...)

To this point, I haven't heard a single source try to knock Lawrence to Jacksonville. If anything, I've heard the opposite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Really? For the life of me, I haven't seen it. In fact, most people I've read on have Jax as the perfect landing spot for Lawrence - strong skill position players, bookend Ts, powerful run game between the Ts anchored by a three down RB with a great skillset in the passing game (both as a blocker and a receiver) and a part of the country that fits with Lawrence's personality (kid grew up in Georgia and played college ball in South Carolina, so he's very well suited for northeast Florida...)

To this point, I haven't heard a single source try to knock Lawrence to Jacksonville. If anything, I've heard the opposite.

A lot of people are that way, especially now.  At first though, there was a lot of talk that he would be happier in NY with the Jets.  I've also heard people say that he might not want to go to the Jags because they have been losing for so long.  Stuff that just didn't make a lot of sense.

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

A lot of people are that way, especially now.  At first though, there was a lot of talk that he would be happier in NY with the Jets.  I've also heard people say that he might not want to go to the Jags because they have been losing for so long.  Stuff that just didn't make a lot of sense.

Can you link me to these people - a thread, an article, anything? I mean, Lawrence to Jax is a slam dunk on so many levels...

Now, you could argue that Lawrence is a little overhyped right now, but that's not arguing this specifically...

I don’t understand this Jets fan vigor in this thread. Your team is clown shoes and has been for awhile now. They’ll continue to be clown shoes until they’re not; that’s how it works. Optimism, cautious or not, is good and healthy.  But bravado?  Where on earth is that coming from?

Edit: After some reflection this is harsh. I should state that I was a big fan of the Ryan/Sanchez/Thomas Jones Jets. It’s just that when you’ve been a bottom dweller for so long don’t be surprised when others don’t buy in right away. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Can you link me to these people - a thread, an article, anything? I mean, Lawrence to Jax is a slam dunk on so many levels...

Now, you could argue that Lawrence is a little overhyped right now, but that's not arguing this specifically...

Nothing in particular, ET.  There were a number of people on this site saying that kind of thing back around the turn of the year after Jacksonville beat the Jets out of the #1 pick.  There was also a video I saw with Randy Moss talking on it about how he wouldn't think Trevor would want to live in Jacksonville because "Duval county is not a good county to be in."  

The nuances of said perception are misleading -- bad until proven otherwise? Agreed. To suggest the team is preparing to throw Wilson into a similar situation as Sam (Like many on here are)? That's where the stigma surrounding the Jets is overblown.

Douglas is widely lauded around the league as a talent evaluator and adamant about building through the draft, as opposed to the prodigal clowns who preceded him. Saleh was in demand for every available opening this offseason, with the exception of Jacksonville, and chose the Jets. The two will have 21 picks in the next 2 drafts, including 10 in the first 3 rounds. That's a far cry from the Maccagnan/Bowles led operation, which was devoid of draft capital and trademarked by incompetent decision making and philosophical inadequacies relating to roster construction -- see FA and draft. The roster, too, is in a far better place (relatively speaking, of course). I won't glamorize the difference between an F & D+ roster, but it's not nearly as barren compared to what Sam initially walked into.

The Jets are historically inept and undeserving of optimistic foresight from an outside perspective... I'm on board with that. Inferring it's the same situation that resulted in previous failures? That's not the case. 

Question for everyone who still gives darnold the benefit of the doubt: how many jets games did you watch start to finish in 2020? I guarantee you did not watch all 16 and coming from someone who did I promise you the kid is does not have what it takes to play quarterback at a high level in this league. His deep ball accuracy is one of the worst I’ve ever seen at the professional level, he misses reads like crazy, holds on to the ball forever, and has horrible pocket presence. His awareness is horrible as well he’s literally a deer in headlights. The kid will literally run out of bounds for a 5 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away. Best case scenario he turns into Jared goff.

Edited by Greene N White