Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Darnold was the #3 pick in the draft 2 years ago, still has some talent, and they're drafting over him while selling low. I get what you mean, but no way Jets fans are happy.

I'm happy to be emancipated from his cult following in the Jets fandom

• Like 1

Just now, EvilenFroggen said:

Obviously the jury is out on whether or not this'll be a good thing for Carolina.  I, as I almost always have been (outside of the Jimmy Clausen debacle), am cautiously optimistic.

The one question worth asking now is, where do we go at 8?

Sewell or Slater I think makes the most sense now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

As a Saints fan, I absolutely love this trade. Should hopefully mean if a guy like Mac Jones makes it to the Panthers at pick #8, they won't be picking him. Maybe even allowing the Saints to make a play for a top QB with a trade up if they fall past Carolina. This also means Darnold is going to be their QB, which is also a win.

If several of the top 5 QBs fall past Denver I think we could see 1-2 big trade ups. Right now I would still assume only QB #5 will be available after pick 9 but if Denver passes on a QB it gets really interesting.

Just now, SBLIII said:

If several of the top 5 QBs fall past Denver I think we could see 1-2 big trade ups. Right now I would still assume only QB #5 will be available after pick 9 but if Denver passes on a QB it gets really interesting.

If Detroit was smart, they would trade back with someone wishing to nab the last remaining QB before Denver.  They need help everywhere and should continue acquiring the assets to overhaul that roster.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

99% of QB competitions are fake. Darnold is the starter unless he looks completely incompetent in the preseason.

Why is darnold the solidified starter? Didnt this same regime pay Bridgewater a king ransom for his performance in NOLA?

Just now, SBLIII said:

Yeah I think for a team like the Saints to make a trade up, Denver really seems like the last hurdle to get by for one of the top 5 QB's to be an option.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

That remains to be seen. You can easily make the case that he's been the worst QB in the NFL the last three years, but he's also had a terrible supporting cast (though so has Minshew, who has somehow been able to look better). I like the chance Carolina is taking here, but I also like the return for the Jets. 

He's younger than some rookies that come in and he's shown flashes. I really think the cast has been the problem as you eluded to but that remains to be seen. I will be interested in the Panthers next year, for sure.