Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I agree. Texans have no trade partners, Watson has no suitors.

Bad situation for all involved. Except Jack Easterby, who needs to send Tony Buzbee a gift basket.

It’s like we talked about a few weeks ago here. What happens if Darth Easterby messes around and somehow builds a winner?  Is this some sort of Machiavellian master stroke?

3 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Opens up the draft for Carolina now for BPA instead of need or trading up for a QB. 

Low cost they paid, good deal 

The cost is higher than a lot of folks thought it would be. I do agree that it was smart of Carolina to add Darnold, though. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder if Teddy ends up going to New England.  I think he would do very well there.

I'm not familiar with Carolina's cap situation. If they can afford both, they should roll with them next year. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

LOL at people who thought Jets were gonna roll out with Darnold again next year.

If I were the Jets, I would have traded the pick, and drafted a second tier guy later as insurance. 

• Like 1

Just now, EvilenFroggen said:

It’s like we talked about a few weeks ago here. What happens if Darth Easterby messes around and somehow builds a winner?  Is this some sort of Machiavellian master stroke?

At that point, I'll retire as a football fan, because that'll mean I have NO clue how any of this works.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Or, Denver is trading for #7, for example. And they can't risk Atlanta NOT taking a QB. (As I doubt the Falcons are going to clue the Panthers in as to their plans.)

I guess it's possible that Atlanta picks a QB 4 and then Denver moves up to 7 out of fear that New England moves up to 8 and all 5 QBs go in the top 7. I would put the chances of that happening at 5%. 

I think it's extremely likely one of the QBs is there at 8 and maybe even 2.

20 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think a trade up to 4 is not happening anymore. The Panthers and Broncos were those teams. Panthers have Darnold, Broncos don't have to move ahead of anyone anymore. In short, I think the Panthers might have screwed the Falcons with this trade.

Decent chance 2 top 5 QBs are on the board at 8 imo and the Panthers only like the top 2 QBs of this draft. 

Falcons will probably take a QB at #4. 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Or, Denver is trading for #7, for example. And they can't risk Atlanta NOT taking a QB. (As I doubt the Falcons are going to clue the Panthers in as to their plans.)

It could be that the Panthers preferred Darnold to Bridgewater, Fields, and Lance. 

I really doubt that, though...

My guess is Darnold will start if we do land one of either Lance or Fields and Teddy will be traded at the draft.

1 minute ago, BringinDaPain said:

My guess is Darnold will start if we do land one of either Lance or Fields and Teddy will be traded at the draft.

If one of them DOES fall, then that's not a bad scenario for the Panthers at all. (Although Fields would be much closer to starting right away, if Darnold is an insurance policy, it's most likely for Lance.)