Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina

NewAge

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not sure how but when I first saw that video I could have sworn it was a completed pass. After reading some of y’all’s reactions, I went back and saw that it was actually an INT.

The video shows the difference in mechanics between the two.  Zach gets good torch and hip twist on that throw. Darnold just doesn’t.

That's because Wilson is a far superior prospect. 

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Really? But they are nothing alike! Darnold is tall, prototypical, Brees is short. Darnold has terrible footwork, Brees had some of the best all time. Brees is arguably the most accurate passer ever, Darnold? Not so much.

I wasn't really paying attention to those who were suggesting we keep Darnold, and I had no idea Brees was the comparable. That is laughable on so many levels. Just because the situations MAY have been similar, does not mean they should be compared with one another.

At that point, they might as well compare Darnold to a placekicker. He has just as much in common as Drew frickin' Brees.

I'm not comparing them as players.  I'm saying people use Brees as the "see QBs can develop after 3 years of sucking".

That has nothing to do with comparing them as players.

Sam sucks and likely will always suck or be below average.  He's not going the route of Brees and becoming an all time great now that the Jets traded him away.

That's all I was saying.

53 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not sure how but when I first saw that video I could have sworn it was a completed pass. After reading some of y’all’s reactions, I went back and saw that it was actually an INT.

The video shows the difference in mechanics between the two.  Zach gets good torch and hip twist on that throw. Darnold just doesn’t.

Yeah.. That is something I can't ignore.

I think both teams benefit from this

You guys were behind the 8 ball trading up for Sam. 

You were going to have to hit on basically every move to make it work after losing out on that draft capital. 

Bad GM moves and coaching did you in, but now you are in a much better position with a lot more capital to build around your QB. You get Wilson on a full rookie deal as well. Gotta get some more receivers Davis and Crowder are ok. At least for now they’re serviceable. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You were going to have to hit on basically every move to make it work after losing out on that draft capital. 

Bad GM moves and coaching did you in, but now you are in a much better position with a lot more capital to build around your QB. You get Wilson on a full rookie deal as well. Gotta get some more receivers Davis and Crowder are ok. At least for now they’re serviceable. 

Agreed, good trade for all 3 parties involved. I'm amazed that we got not one, not two, but THREE picks for him. Granted none are day 1, but for someone who only threw 9 TD's last year, I'll take it and not look back.

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That's truly a great point. By trading up for sam we exhausted a ton of draft capital which didnt allow us the ability to effectively provide him with talent. 

Here, the jets have a big time prospect (in almost any other year Wilson is the #1 pick in the draft), and tons of draft capital the next 2 years to provide a ton of talented young players. 

We have cap flexibility,  and some of the best draft capital (only miami rivals/beats us there) in the league. JD has done a fantastic job of setting us up to rebuild. 

Now comes the hard part, actually producing results. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

That's truly a great point. By trading up for sam we exhausted a ton of draft capital which didnt allow us the ability to effectively provide him with talent. 

Here, the jets have a big time prospect (in almost any other year Wilson is the #1 pick in the draft), and tons of draft capital the next 2 years to provide a ton of talented young players. 

We have cap flexibility,  and some of the best draft capital (only miami rivals/beats us there) in the league. JD has done a fantastic job of setting us up to rebuild. 

Imagine we hadn't traded back, got Josh Allen instead, and kept our 2nds. Those 2nds turned into Braden Smith, Rock Ya-Sin, and Dallas Goedert. We can use all of them badly right now.

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

And we have a legit WR room now and a franchise LT. Wilson is in a significantly better spot than Darnold was coming in.

This is why JD is so respected around the league and Mac was a joke. 

12 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Imagine we hadn't traded back, got Josh Allen instead, and kept our 2nds. Those 2nds turned into Braden Smith, Rock Ya-Sin, and Dallas Goedert. We can use all of them badly right now.

We had Mac in charge so it probably would have been Josh Rosen, Dante Pettis, and Arcega-Whiteside

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

Sorry i don't know who you are, but you are 100% correct.

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

Assuming we use these picks on offense.

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

Bad GM moves and coaching did you in

Honestly our coaches have been given crap to work with since Mangini and Tannenbaum built the team and then we added all those vets in the no cap years. After that it's been downhill. We've simply drafted poorly and it isn't like the guys we drafted are still in the league making noise. 

Like our drafts have been so bad there aren't words that describe them.

43 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I want to know what Carolina does if Fields or Jones fall to 8.

Publically, they would say Sam represents the best option.

Privately they will be throwing bobble heads at each other and cursing each other’s mothers for having given birth to such an abomination.

Most likely they will draft a player that will help Sam or future QB. I’m thinking OT, WR or Pitts if he is there.  Then the bobble head throwing will commence.