Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina

NewAge

19 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm not comparing them as players.  I'm saying people use Brees as the "see QBs can develop after 3 years of sucking".

That has nothing to do with comparing them as players.

Sam sucks and likely will always suck or be below average.  He's not going the route of Brees and becoming an all time great now that the Jets traded him away.

That's all I was saying.

Yeah, that is what I got out of what you were saying, I am sorry if I made it seem like I was targeting you. I was not. 

8 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Ima predicting Darnold goes for 30 TDS 3500 yards ... 15 turnovers with carolina

Imagine if they somehow have Pitts fall to them and the cast he'd have around him in CMC, Pitts, Robby and Moore. I think they're going offense regardless at 8. It all depends whos there. They could go OL as well ( maybe S;ater) or draft 1 of the 2 big WRs if there in Chase or Smith (maybe even Waddle). Either way... Darnold will get help. And I think he becomes at least an average starting QB this year.

I do wish the best for him.

But the Jets are my focus. So I will be cheering vastly more for whoever we draft, than for Darnold to have a good career. But I will stand by that he will succeed in CAR. 

11 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Ima predicting Darnold goes for 30 TDS 3500 yards ... 15 turnovers with carolina

If Teddy couldn't throw 30 TD's then Sam wont. 

I've seen a lot of people who's shown they're more Sam fans than Jets fans between social media and Youtube. Like he's a likable kid but he's been bad for us and if he's good for them then who cares and if he's bad for them then who cares. 

Jamal was great for us and people, including myself, hate him.

Sanchez won 4 playoff games and gets no love, Geno won 8 games in a season and gets no love, Fitz won 10 and would have went to the playoffs if it wasn't for a tiebreaker rule and gets no love. 

"Oh but the Jets did him wrong" okay and they did Hackenberg wrong and no one seems to care. 

Dolphins fans aren't going crazy over Tannehill, Philly fans aren't losing their minds over Wentz, Rams/Goff, Lions/Stafford, Panthers/Cam

But this fan base is acting like we lost Tom Brady lol. The media is already setting up their attack on our organization. Trying to speak Darnold into superstardom in Carolina and already hoping Wilson is bad so they can use the Same Old Jets BS.

Like I want Sam to suck at least next year so we can high a high 2nd but nah lets hope the kid is good so we can attack the organization lol. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I've seen a lot of people who's shown they're more Sam fans than Jets fans between social media and Youtube. Like he's a likable kid but he's been bad for us and if he's good for them then who cares and if he's bad for them then who cares. 

Sanchez won 4 playoff games and gets no love, Geno won 8 games in a season and gets no love, Fitz won 10 and would have went to the playoffs if it wasn't for a tiebreaker rule and gets no love. 

"Oh but the Jets did him wrong" okay and they did Hackenberg wrong and no one seems to care. 

Dolphins fans aren't going crazy over Tannehill, Philly fans aren't losing their minds over Wentz, Rams/Goff, Lions/Stafford, Panthers/Cam

But this fan base is acting like we lost Tom Brady lol. The media is already setting up their attack on our organization. Trying to speak Darnold into superstardom in Carolina and already hoping Wilson is bad so they can use the Same Old Jets BS.

Like I want Sam to suck at least next year so we can high a high 2nd but nah lets hope the kid is good so we can attack the organization lol. 

Personally don’t think 3500 yards (including running) 30TDs including running and 15 turn overs is great ... but probably league average ...

when I watch teddy play he normally seems too passive so wouldn’t be surprised to see Sam out produce him (prob also will turn the ball over way more)

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Teddy didn’t have CMC almost the whole season

Well I'll just throw my two cents into the Darnold trade. First good for Sam, good for JD, and good for the Jets.

Darnold gets the opportunity to show he's better than what has been displayed at 1 Jets Drive. However how much better he makes the Panthers is another story all together. If he gets hurt as he seems to do and or misses time then the 3 draft choices start to look pretty good.

Sam is under a microscope in Carolina and a ton of pressure to succeed, which I hope he does, however a few 3 and outs, ints, or if he only marginally makes Carolina better say a 500 team which is very possible. Then some decisions have to be made. 

If Carolina finds themselves in the top ten drafting next year, the Jets will look like geniuses and the draft choices a good coup.

In any event, I believe Sam could make Carolina 5 games better in his first year barring any setbacks. 

Good for JD because he was in a lose, lose situation. If he keeps Darnold and he flops, the Jets passed on what seems on the surface a good QB class. Not to mention that they may have passed on a franchise qb in Wilson. I wouldn't want to be remembered as the GM who passed on Wilson. Like MacCagnan did with Wilson, Mahomes, Prescott, and Watson, Uhhhhhh!

Good for Jets fans because the reset they get at QB along with the draft capitol will add to the defensive and offensive overhaul began in FA.

That being said, we come to the Draft and besides what we do at 2, JD and the Jets fans can see vital areas of need not addressed during FA addressed in the draft.

The Jets may and I expect will have growing pains, but they will be far from a laughing stock in part from poor coaching both offensively and defensively.

27 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Lots of on the record stuff there. Pretty much confirms so many things we've assumed and the media has projected.